• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Skillet Lasagna Recipe Without Ricotta: Try It with Ground Beef!

In summary, to make Skillet Lasagna, you will need ground beef, onion, garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, lasagna noodles, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. You can substitute ground beef with other meats, adjust the cooking time and seasoning accordingly. It takes about 30 minutes to cook on the stovetop, but may vary. You can make it ahead of time and add vegetables for added nutrition and flavor.
Jen1409
What can I use instead of the ricotta? DH and I aren't fans of it and I really want to make it.

Has anyone made it with hamburger? How did it come out?

I use hamburger and no ricotta. I don't make the cheese balls, I just mix in cottage cheese.

I use 50/50 Hot Ital Sausage & ground beef. I'm not a fan of Ital sausage but can tolerate the 50/50.

You can use cottage cheese instead of ricotta, or you can skip it entirely and add mozzarella.

aslion said:
You can use cottage cheese instead of ricotta, or you can skip it entirely and add mozzarella.

I do also add mozzarella.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Skillet Lasagna?

To make Skillet Lasagna, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 pound of ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 can of crushed tomatoes
  • 1 can of tomato sauce
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 8 lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
  • 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese

2. Can I substitute ground beef with another type of meat?

Yes, you can substitute ground beef with ground turkey, chicken, or sausage in this Skillet Lasagna recipe. However, keep in mind that the cooking time and seasoning may need to be adjusted accordingly.

3. How long does it take to cook Skillet Lasagna?

Skillet Lasagna typically takes about 30 minutes to cook on the stovetop. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the type of stove and the size of the skillet used. It is important to make sure the noodles are fully cooked before serving.

4. Can I make Skillet Lasagna ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare Skillet Lasagna ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, reheat it in the skillet or in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes or until heated through.

5. Can I add vegetables to Skillet Lasagna?

Yes, you can add your choice of vegetables to Skillet Lasagna. Some popular options include spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini. Simply sauté the vegetables with the ground beef before adding the other ingredients. This is a great way to add more nutrients and flavor to the dish!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
yourchef23
Replies
Views
yumyummum
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies