• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making the Most of My Family Skillet: Where to Find Delicious Cake Recipes

In summary, to properly season your family skillet, wash it with warm, soapy water, dry it, and apply cooking oil before baking it in the oven. You can use the skillet to make cakes by greasing it and using parchment paper, and you can find recipes on the Pampered Chef website or in cookbooks. You can also use the skillet on the stovetop, but it's best to use the oven for consistent results. To clean the skillet after making a cake, let it cool, wipe out crumbs, and use warm water and a soft sponge. Avoid using soap or harsh scrubbers and remember to apply cooking oil before storing.
jessnaugle
I just got my family skillet....which I love!!!!! And I know that there are A LOT of different cakes you can make with it but I only have a recipe for the molten chocolate brownie and wanted to have some other options for shows. Where can I look?

Here are some more skillet cake recipes for you. These were posted a while back by someone else.

Have fun! :p

Lee Anne

Attachments

• Fabulous Family Skillet Cakes.doc
    25 KB · Views: 507
YumThose are great!! Thanks!

1. How do I properly season my family skillet?

To season your family skillet, start by washing it with warm, soapy water and drying it thoroughly. Then, apply a thin layer of cooking oil to the entire surface of the skillet, including the handle. Place the skillet upside down in a preheated 350-degree oven for one hour. Let it cool completely before using it.

2. Can I use my family skillet to make cakes?

Yes, you can definitely use your family skillet to make delicious cakes! The skillet's even heat distribution makes it perfect for baking. Just make sure to properly grease the skillet and use parchment paper for easy removal of the cake.

3. Where can I find delicious cake recipes to make in my family skillet?

You can find a variety of delicious cake recipes to make in your family skillet on the Pampered Chef website or in our product catalog. You can also search for recipes online or in cookbooks that specifically mention using a cast iron skillet.

4. Can I use my family skillet on the stovetop to make cakes?

Yes, you can use your family skillet on the stovetop to make cakes, but make sure to use low to medium heat and keep a close eye on the cake to prevent burning. It's best to use the skillet in the oven for more consistent results.

5. How do I clean my family skillet after making a cake?

To clean your family skillet after making a cake, let it cool completely and wipe out any excess crumbs. Then, use warm water and a soft sponge to gently clean the skillet. Avoid using soap or harsh scrubbers, as this can strip away the skillet's seasoning. Dry the skillet thoroughly and apply a thin layer of cooking oil before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
Replies
Views
Nanisu