• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tasty Skillet Cakes: Delicious Recipes for SS1 Students

I think it's the blue and silver skillet. I am going to try the butterfinger skillet cake too! Thanks for the suggestion!
ashkay
I need some good skillet cake recipes. I don't have any of the cookbooks yet, I'm in my SS1. I've heard of the Turtle fudge skillet cake?

The almond angel food cake is wonderful. I have made it for the last 5 shows. You can find the recipe in the new Season's best or look in consultants corner.
blessings
Laura Anglea :)

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake is AWESOME and doesn't take too many ingredients. You need to family skillet.

Here are the recipes I have.

Attachments

• Fabulous Family Skillet Cakes.doc
    25 KB · Views: 578
  • Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cooki1.doc
    20 KB · Views: 484
  • Chocolate Strawberry Skillet Cake.doc
    21 KB · Views: 559
  • Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 525
  • Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 419
Ginger, can any of the cakes be made in the stir fry skillet? I bought it for the Celebrations shows and it's the only one I have so far. If this is answered in your documents, I apologize. It takes a while for those to download and open in my dial-up, so I wasn't going to open them if my pan won't work. Pretty lazy, huh?
Thanks for all your info that you share with us.

I would think they would, but I have not made them in the stir-fry. Give it a try and let us know.

Ann, I am in my ss month 2 and ordered the stir-fry skillet and have made the turtle fudge skillet cake like 10 times! Everyone has asked me to make it for every occasion and it looks so pretty and tastes even better! I think it makes a prettier presentation b/c the stir-fry skillet makes a domed cake instead of a flat round cake! I haven't tried any of the other cakes though!

Kristi

PamperedGinger said:
Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake is AWESOME and doesn't take too many ingredients. You need to family skillet.

Here are the recipes I have.

Have you made the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake at a show? Any tips there? Do you make it ahead or as demo? I hate to heat hosts houses up in summer, but my host really wants it.

Turtle Fudge Skillet CakeI have made this for many shows. It is so easy and yummy. It is requested often. I mix it up and put it in the oven as guests are arriving, then it is done and out in time to add topping after my "main dish" recipe is complete. I like to dump the cake out in front of the guests. I ask them to pray first, so it is their fault if it doesn't work. They usually laugh at that. It always comes out beautifully, let it cool about 10 min. Another Skillet recipe is like the Turtle Fudge cake, just substitute yellow cake mix, then instead of chocolate chips, use peanut butter chips with caramel melted and top with chopped nuts or chopped Butter Finger candies. Called Butter Finger Skillet cake. YUM!!

The Butterfinger Skillet Cake sounds yummy ! :p I have also made the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, and LOVE it! I have made it in the Stoneware Fluted Pan as a 10-12 min microwave cake. Quick and easy to demo at shows, especially during these summer months when people don't want to heat up their oven.

how do you do it in the Fluted pan? do you just micro the cake for the 10-12 minutes and the add the fudge and nuts and caramel when it comes out? does it taste just as good? It isn't possible to make this cake ahead of time-at my house- then do the rest at the hosts house...is it? I've only made it once, and didn't do anything different from the recipe directions. thanks for all the help!

ChefNic said:
how do you do it in the Fluted pan? do you just micro the cake for the 10-12 minutes and the add the fudge and nuts and caramel when it comes out? does it taste just as good? It isn't possible to make this cake ahead of time-at my house- then do the rest at the hosts house...is it? I've only made it once, and didn't do anything different from the recipe directions. thanks for all the help!
You could do just the cake part beforehand and do the rest at the host's house. But....the best part is having the guests see you bake a cake in the skillet and flipping it out of there onto a platter. That's where the "oohs and ahhhs" happen. Also, I think one of the best parts of the turtle fudge skillet cake is having it warm when you pour the caramel on it, right? I think so. It's been awhile since I made it. Now I'm thinking I may need to do this at my show on Saturday. :)

I am making this at my show in Saturday and the host is soo excited! I am debating on whether to show up really eary and have it baking or do it before hand as well. I'll probably make it there b/c it is much better warm with all the topping! :p

Skillet CakeCan this be made in the deep dish baker in the oven?? Any ideas?

Jill Buchmann

1. What types of recipes are included in "Tasty Skillet Cakes: Delicious Recipes for SS1 Students"?

The cookbook includes a variety of both sweet and savory skillet cake recipes, such as blueberry lemon, apple cinnamon, cheese and herb, and vegetable medley.

2. Do the recipes in this cookbook require any special ingredients or equipment?

No, all of the recipes can be made with basic ingredients and a standard skillet or frying pan.

3. Are these recipes suitable for beginner cooks?

Yes, the recipes in this cookbook are designed for SS1 students, so they are easy to follow and require minimal cooking skills.

4. Can the skillet cakes be made ahead of time for meal prep?

Yes, many of the recipes can be prepared ahead of time and reheated for a quick and convenient meal.

5. Are there any gluten-free or vegetarian options in this cookbook?

Yes, there are several gluten-free and vegetarian recipes included in the cookbook, and substitutions can be made for other dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • lisatx04
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lisatx04
  • krzymomof4