• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stove-Top Skillet Cake Recipe for Quick and Easy Baking - Try it Now!

In summary, the recipe says to melt butter and brown sugar together, then add pineapple slices, cherry halves, water, cake mix, cinnamon, eggs, rum extract, and vanilla ice cream if desired. It takes longer on the stove top than in the oven, and the batter bubbles around the edges of the skillet.
Hi! I was at a Spring Regional meeting several weeks ago and heard a Director share that she bakes skillet cakes on the stove-top. I have made several skillet cakes (in the skillet in the oven) but have never tried it on the stove top. I know that she said medium heat, but I have no idea for how long. I have a show coming up in a church basement. The oven will not be available, but I travel with a single burner. I will definitely try this at home before the show, but wondered if anyone out there new the exact combination. I'll be demo-ing the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake. Thanks in advance for the help!

I have made the pineapple upside down cake on the stove top and on a portable burner. I can tell you that it took much longer on the burner than the stovetop. I would definately try it at home first!!

How do you do it on the stove top? Please give us details. How much longer did it take on the burner?

Shawnna said:
How do you do it on the stove top? Please give us details. How much longer did it take on the burner?

Here is the recipe. It is in Una Muestra de TPC fall/winter 05. It took about 30 minutes more on the burner. I think it was probably because I was afraid to cook it too high - I use a gas stove at home so I'm not sure about the electric burners and it was the first time I used a portable burner (either that or it has less power...). Oh, and I kept taking the lid off the first time! Definitely test it at home!

The Pampered Chef ® Volteado de Piña y Chocolate a la Estufa Recipe

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices
4 maraschino cherries, drained and halved
2 packages (9 ounces each) chocolate cake mix
1 1/2 tablespoons Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
2 eggs
1 teaspoon rum extract
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (optional)

Melt butter in Large Covered Skillet over low heat. Stir in brown sugar until well blended using Bamboo Spoon. Remove skillet from heat; cool on Stackable Cooling Rack.

Meanwhile, drain pineapple slices in small colander of 4-Piece Colander & Bowl Set; reserve juice in small bowl. Arrange 8 pineapple slices over sugar mixture. Place a cherry half in the center of each pineapple slice.

Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Combine cake mix, cinnamon, liquid, eggs and extract. Whisk with Stainless Steel Whisk until well blended. Gently pour over fruit in skillet.

Place lid on top of skillet. Place skillet over medium heat. Cook 8-10 minutes or until batter bubbles around edges of skillet. Reduce temperature to low. Cook 20-30 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove skillet from heat. Carefully loosen edge of cake; invert onto heat-safe serving plate. Cool slightly.

If desired, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream using Ice Cream Dipper. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired.

Yield: 10 servings Nutrients per serving: (1 piece of cake, 1/4 cup of ice cream): Calories 270, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Carbohydrates 36 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread shredded coconut in a single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown (stir coconut occasionally for even browning); cool completely.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Hi there! I've also heard about baking skillet cakes on the stove-top and it's such a convenient and delicious option when oven space is limited. For the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake, I would recommend preheating your single burner to medium heat and cooking the cake for about 15-20 minutes. Of course, the cooking time may vary depending on your specific stove and skillet, so I would suggest keeping a close eye on it and using a toothpick to test for doneness. I'm sure your church basement show will be a hit with this tasty dessert option! Let me know how it turns out. Happy cooking!

1. What is a skillet cake on stove-top?

A skillet cake on stove-top is a delicious dessert made by cooking a cake batter in a skillet on the stove instead of baking it in the oven.

2. How do I make a skillet cake on stove-top?

To make a skillet cake on stove-top, you will need a skillet, cake mix, and some basic ingredients like eggs, oil, and water. Simply mix the cake batter according to the package instructions and pour it into a greased skillet. Cook it on medium heat, flipping it occasionally, until it is fully cooked and golden brown on both sides.

3. Can I use any type of skillet for a skillet cake on stove-top?

Yes, you can use any type of skillet for a skillet cake on stove-top. However, we recommend using a non-stick skillet to prevent the cake from sticking and burning.

4. What type of toppings can I add to a skillet cake on stove-top?

You can add a variety of toppings to a skillet cake on stove-top, such as fresh fruit, whipped cream, chocolate chips, or caramel sauce. Get creative and add your favorite toppings to make the skillet cake even more delicious!

5. Can I make a skillet cake on stove-top ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a skillet cake on stove-top ahead of time. Once the cake is fully cooked, let it cool and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you're ready to serve, simply reheat the cake in a skillet on the stove or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
GinaG623
  • pamperdpaula
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ahammons