• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor What Are the Best Comfortable Shoes for Walking All Day?

In summary, the people interviewed said that they would wear whatever shoes were comfortable and that they would switch between a few different pairs of shoes. They all said that it is a good idea to switch back and forth between shoes to avoid feeling pain in your feet.
smart2cook
Gold Member
Now I have to ask, I know they might not be the cutest casual professional shoes however they are the most comfortable shoes I own and great for all the walking I hear that is going to be going on.
Do any of you where some sort of black Tennis shoes or what types of shoes do you wear? Heels are out of the question for me.

If they are comfortable for you, by all means wear 'em! I have a few pairs of sandals that are very comfortable that I would wear (rubber sole, no heel). I also pack a pair of sneakers just in case. There traditionally has been a lot of walking in the past and with this larger conference I am sure its going to be two-fold! Have fun!

I have a pair of crocs That are black and have a slingback and kinda look like dress shoes. I have been wearing them with my black slacks to shows, and almost every day b/c they are comfy and cute. I also have a couple of pair of sandals that are really comfortable. I will probably do a combo of these. I really don't like wearing socks and being confined, so you probably won't find me in sneakers unless I am working out.

I don't wear sneakers, don't like them. But if you do then go ahead and wear them. You'll see a lot of them at conference.

smart2cook, I honestly don't think the PC Shoe Police are going to kick you out of NC for this misdemeanor. Haha!! I'd go ahead and wear them. If you really think you might feel awkward, tuck some cute sandals in your bag, and change shoes once you get to workshops, GS, etc.

Wear anything you have that's comfortable and LEAVE YOUR HEELS AT HOME, you won't be needing them! LOL

Wear them! I have the shape-ups too, and I LOVE them! You will see that people's ideas of "professional" vary greatly.

leftymac said:
You will see that people's ideas of "professional" vary greatly.
Seriously!

AJPratt said:
Seriously!

Ditto that! I've seen outfits more appropriate for the beach than conference.

pamperedlinda said:
Ditto that! I've seen outfits more appropriate for the beach than conference.

Yep! LOL I always figure that maybe the outfit is within their budget. :rolleyes:

In fairness you can't see my sock's okay?! You would however need sunglasses to protect your eyes from my ever so white legs LOL! I think a change of shoes is a fantastic idea! Maybe I should get some fake tan to save ya'll from permanent eye damage too!

I'm a big believer in comfortable shoes. I'll be wearing pumps, but they're comfortable pumps. I can easily wear and walk in them all day without any problem. However, that's me. There is no HO guideline for footwear, so wear whatever you feel comfortable in.That said, it's not a good idea to wear the same shoes for several days, especially if you're doing a lot of walking. If you can switch back and forth between a couple of different pairs your feet will feel better.

leftymac said:
Wear them! I have the shape-ups too, and I LOVE them! You will see that people's ideas of "professional" vary greatly.

So, they DO make them for guys! I have them and love them, and almost every day my hubby asks, so, are those really comfy? I think he might be getting a pair for Father's Day. :thumbup:

BTW, Shape-ups come in sandals now. I wore them to a party last night and my legs are so happy today!! :love:

Sandi

smart2cook said:
In fairness you can't see my sock's okay?! You would however need sunglasses to protect your eyes from my ever so white legs LOL! I think a change of shoes is a fantastic idea! Maybe I should get some fake tan to save ya'll from permanent eye damage too!

HA!!! I hear you with the "hospital white" legs as my brother calls them!!!

Ohhhh I like the Sandals! Similar to my Teva's only a bit dressier. I may need to invest in these.

I'm wearing my Skechers or maybe my new Reeboks easy tones--I love my sketchers, and I just tried on Easy Tones yesterday--I walk about 10-12 miles at a time and when I wear my sketchers my feet do NOT hurt at all, I suspect the easy tones will do the same--there is so much walking at National, I will wear one of them. By the way, the Sketchers are not that bad looking, in my opinion.

I don't think even the sandals are that cute, but they are like walking on pillows!Sandi

I have Skecher's and LOVE them. Today I purchased the skecher's Closed Toed Sandles as I can not wear open toe at work. I was so happy to fined these. You are walking on a cloud with them. The best thing my feet have even been in. Did you know they also make winter boots!!! There are 11 different types (each in 2 colors with one in 4 colors) of Shape-Up's. You can bet I will be wearing mine! :D

I had NO idea what Shape ups were!!! LOL

I think i can safely say that there is no way i would put them on. :blushing: It's just not my style. I have no problem anyone wearing it though. So no worries i promise i will not point and laugh at NC ;)

What i wear is and has worked out for me is MERRELL. Any of them basically. I have M. snow boots, flip flops, flip flop type sandals, 3 pair of skinny leather type shoes, snow walker, and a worn out garden shoe, and a slide on and maybe some more. Also have some dansko's and maybe.... nothing else. LAst year at NC i was even buying more merrell shoes. I am addicted. But this is the only shoe i can wear day and night and not get tired. I have an arch problem and since these shoes i do not have to wear my support.
I think i will bring a M. flip flop (sandal maybe) and a skinny leather type. For the first time i managed to travel light, and is so much easier. I had a carry on only, the smallest suitcase i could find and it made so much easier to zip in and out from the airports. Also i carry a backpack.

Sorry for the long winded post.

The year Nancy Jo Ryan's dinner had a theme of red, white and blue. I bought a cute pair of heel-less keds that are red, white and blue. They are something I wear to work, so I follow that rule for what I wear at national conference.

WOW! Look at all the different styles they have now!! http://www.skechers.com/?cm_mmc=media-_-fetchback-_-winter2009General-_-300x250&mpch=adsSandi

What are "Skecher's Shape-Ups for Nc"?

"Skecher's Shape-Ups for Nc" are a type of shoe designed by the brand Skechers. They have a unique, curved sole that is meant to help tone and strengthen the muscles in your legs and feet while you walk.

Do they really work?

While individual results may vary, many customers have reported feeling a difference in their muscle tone and posture after wearing Shape-Ups regularly. However, it is important to note that they are not a substitute for exercise and a healthy lifestyle.

What makes Shape-Ups different from other shoes?

The curved sole of Shape-Ups is what sets them apart from other shoes. This design is meant to mimic walking on sand or uneven terrain, which engages more muscles and can provide additional benefits compared to traditional flat sole shoes.

Are Shape-Ups suitable for all activities?

Shape-Ups are primarily designed for walking, so they may not be suitable for high-impact activities like running or intense workouts. However, they can be worn for daily activities and light exercise.

Is there a specific way to wear Shape-Ups?

It is recommended to start by wearing Shape-Ups for short periods of time and gradually increasing the duration as your muscles adjust. They should also be worn with a comfortable and supportive pair of socks to prevent blisters or discomfort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ilove2cookpc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Chef_2_Four