• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Site tool suggestions

Admin Greg

Staff member
Apr 13, 2004
What tools could I provide that would benefit you? Is there something missing in pampered partner? What can I give you that would make you more money, more efficient, more organized, more creative... What are the barriers you face, things that hold you back, things that discourage you?

Admin Greg

Staff member
Apr 13, 2004
monica_sweetconsultant said:
hey greg...got any bookings you can throw my way??? lol just kidding

That's actually not as much of a satirical comment as you think. I have been thinking of making a form that vistors can fill out requesting a show. Be creative and honest with what you really need and what could help you. THe possibilities are endless.

monica_sweetconsultant

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Jul 23, 2005
youre the greatest greg!! that is honestly my biggest discouragement right now..i got to get active again...i think that would be an awesome feature!

kapooh1210

Novice Member
Mar 20, 2006
I think that is my biggest one as well. Although since I am new to the site everyone one here has been truly helpful!!!!!!!!!!!

Harrle

Jul 18, 2005
New shows

I have seen A LOT of great ideas on this site - many of which I would love to try! However since it is something new I think we all have that obstacle of 'never seen it - not sure if I want to try it?' For example the thread on the $15,000. fundraiser I have never done a fundraiser and would love to know more - the gal who posted gave some great info - however there is still that what else could/should I do?? Same with the Theme shows - the flyers are great but sometimes how to do certain shows can be a bit vague.

If I think of any more I will send it your way!

Thanks - for ALL you do!!
Leea:cool:

Harrle

Jul 18, 2005
Tool Bar

Is there anyway we can access yesterdays post? Your quick link will allow us to view today's posts however there are a few days I am unable to get to the computer to check out the latest and would love to be able to check out more than just 'today' post'.

Thanks Again!

lacychef

Legend Member
Feb 15, 2006
monica_sweetconsultant said:
youre the greatest greg!! that is honestly my biggest discouragement right now..i got to get active again...i think that would be an awesome feature!

I just had to say hi because I noticed you're from Houston MS. My sister lives there:) Most people I know don't believe there's another Houston besides the one in TX:)

DZmom

Veteran Member
Jun 20, 2005
Harrle said:
Is there anyway we can access yesterdays post? Your quick link will allow us to view today's posts however there are a few days I am unable to get to the computer to check out the latest and would love to be able to check out more than just 'today' post'.

Thanks Again!

Leea,
If you come to the site after not being able to visit for awhile and click NEW POSTS then all the posts since the last time you visited will show up.

barbchan

Mar 16, 2006
I was happy to see the Today's posts changed to new posts. Now, are they the ones though that are new since my last visit or just new in general.

I belong to a homeschooling forum that has a new since your last visit button and I check in several times a day. I can keep up with the very latest without having to sort through other stuff. :D

And by the way, maybe there should be a section just for kudos for the admin. :cool: You have created a much needed place here. I strongly think that had this place existed my first go round with PC, I would never have had to quit and I just might be a director or higher by now. Thank you for all you do here. This is a business where we all need to support each other and offer encouragement. It's hard to find that in the real world where our clusters are all too busy to talk when we feel like talking. You're the best!:D

jessica_momof6

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2006
Admin Greg said:
organized how?

I don't know if it is possible..I just know that sometimes it is difficult to search the files depending on what the names are

if there was a way that they could be sorted...like "guest/host specials" "host packets" etc etc...

not sure if that can happen with this boards software or not, but it would be helpful! :p

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
How about a link that you can click on that will take you to the last post in the thread? Sometimes the threads get super long and it would be easy to just click on "last post".

Kelley Sells

Feb 2, 2006
Awesome Shout

Greg, super shout box....idea though, can it follow page to page so if your on a thread you can still see it? OR, can it make a noise that can be turned on or off so that you know when someone replies, like AOL or MSN?

You ARE the BEST...

Oh, and the portion of getting a place for folks who want to do a show? I'm all for it....and don't take this the wrong way folks, but maybe that would be for the "Gold Supporters"....the leads for shows? hmmmm

Last edited:

PampMomof3

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2005
Kelley Sells said:
Oh, and the portion of getting a place for folks who want to do a show? I'm all for it....and don't take this the wrong way folks, but maybe that would be for the "Gold Supporters"....the leads for shows? hmmmm

LOVE that idea!!! Good thinking Kelley!!:D

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
How about making the shout a pop up kind of thing that we can move to the side while we go through posts.

Admin Greg

Staff member
Apr 13, 2004
BethCooks4U said:
Greg,

How about a spell check?!?

hmm I might be able to round a spell check function up.

Also the shoutbox isn't really a "chatroom" as you can prolly tell it has great limitations. It's more like a tackboard or dry erase board for leaving messages, but not realtime communication.

jdavis

Veteran Member
May 20, 2005
BethCooks4U said:
How about making the shout a pop up kind of thing that we can move to the side while we go through posts.

Perfect idea, that way we wouldn't have to have 2 windows open, lol.

Kelley Sells

Feb 2, 2006
What about a Buddy Chat...like AOL?

Hi Greg,

I see your adding on spell check....:p but what about something like the AOL buddy, where we can talk to each other, instead of one big chat room, we can set up buddy lists, chat while we are searching the forums? (any spelling errors?)

You are the greatest to put up with all us "hens"....;)

beepampered

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2005
suggestions

someplace for people who are considering becoming a consultant so they don't see the negative stuff before they see the positive.

Organization for repeated or often look-at threads like theme shows

This is a very useful, easy to use site so I don't have many thoughts....BEE

jdavis

Veteran Member
May 20, 2005
OK Greg, got a question for ya...What is the Group Memberships thing, I have yet to figure out what that is all about?

Admin Greg

Staff member
Apr 13, 2004
jdavis said:
OK Greg, got a question for ya...What is the Group Memberships thing, I have yet to figure out what that is all about?

Not sure what you mean sorry

jdavis

Veteran Member
May 20, 2005
You click on a profile, and it says Group Memberships and This person is not a member of any groups

Admin Greg

Staff member
Apr 13, 2004
jdavis said:
You click on a profile, and it says Group Memberships and This person is not a member of any groups

I see, the software has a kind of framework that you can use to organize groups of people aside from "usergroups". Like we could make different clubs inside the forum that people could join. However there is zero built in fuctionality for these groups rendering then inherently useless at this time.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Greg,

Could you leave newish posts on longer. Here's what I mean: Sometimes I check in here and read a few posts then get called away and have to close out. When I come back only the new posts are there and some of those that I hadn't gotten through or wanted to go back to are already gone.

It's so much easier to go to "new posts" and see what's been happening since my last visit but sometimes I want to go back to something I saw there earlier and now I have to search to find it.

Personally, I liked the "today's posts" better because they all stayed up there even if I looked at it earlier...

THANKS!

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
BethCooks4U said:
Personally, I liked the "today's posts" better because they all stayed up there even if I looked at it earlier...

THANKS!
Oops! I see "today's posts" is under "quick links". :eek: