• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Julie Gizzi's Sip & Dip Show: Nov 2002 Pampered Chef Recipes

In summary, the conversation is about a Pampered Chef show where the host, Julie Gizzi, can choose one recipe to be demonstrated from a list provided. The two recipe options are Cheesy Cheddar Fondue and Velvet Chocolate Fudge Fondue. The ingredients and necessary utensils for the chosen recipe will be provided by the host. During the show, the host will also showcase and promote various Pampered Chef products used in the recipes.
DebPC
Staff member
Julie Gizzi

November 2002 - Sip & Dip Shows!

Pampered Chef Recipe Choices
Choose 1 recipe below to be demonstrated at your Pampered Chef Show. You’ll provide the ingredients and I’ll prepare the recipe at your show. In addition, please provide a beverage of your choice, paper plates, napkins, and forks if necessary. Both recipes are suitable for 20 samples.

Shopping List Choose only 1 recipe theme below:

Cheesy Cheddar Fondue
Natural cheddar cheese and canned soup are melted for the creamiest, cheesiest dipping sauce ever!

8 oz. cheddar cheese, chunk
2 Tbsp. flour
1 can cheddar cheese soup
¾ cup milk
1 small loaf French bread
1 apple
1 pear
1 bell pepper (any color)
4 small red potatoes
2 large carrots
1 cup broccoli flowerets
1 cup cauliflowerets
3 mushrooms
1 cucumber
2 cloves fresh, unpeeled garlic
Optional: 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

Velvet Chocolate Fudge Fondue
This is a really, rich & wonderful sauce that also goes great with ice cream!

1 stick real butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 Tbsp. corn syrup
1 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 box Angel Food cake mix
Fresh Strawberries
1 can chunk Pineapple
2 Apples
2 Bananas

“Sipping” Ideas wine, mulled cider, punch, iced tea.

Products Used:
Wine Bottle Opener $19
Can Opener for pineapples $17.50
Cooks corer $4
Crinkle Cutter for carrots $9.75
Egg Slicer Plus mushrooms $10.25
Double Boiler $28.50
Cookware $440
Apple Wedger $11.00
Garlic Press $15.50
Ultimate Slice and Grate for cucumber $45
Serrated Bread Knife for bread and angel food cake $8.50 Stoneware Bar Pan $28 (make angel food cake in this and take with you to the show) Loaf Pan $18.50 Salt and Pepper Mill $17 Adjustable Spoons $6.50 Deluxe cheese Grater $19.50 Measure All Cup $9 Large Grooved $22 More Stoneware Sensations $12.75 All Simple Additions Pieces $145

Product Total $447.25

Plus the price of the cookware (including Double Boiler)

Cheesy Cheddar Fondue
Natural cheddar cheese and canned soup are melted for the creamiest, cheesiest dipping sauce ever!

8 oz. cheddar cheese, chunk
2 Tbsp. flour
1 can cheddar cheese soup
¾ cup milk
1 small loaf French bread
1 apple
1 pear
1 bell pepper (any color)
4 small red potatoes
2 large carrots
1 cup broccoli flowerets
1 cup cauliflowerets
3 mushrooms
1 cucumber
1 clove garlic
Optional: 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

(I bring Italian Dressing mixed up in Measure, Mix & Pour to drizzle over chicken. I don’t ask my host to provide it since we need so little.)

Before show: Shred most of cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Measure milk into Measure All Cup. Slice French Bread into 1 ½ inch pieces using Serrated Bread Knife, leave 1 slice to cut up during the show. Peel carrots using Vegetable Peeler and slice diagonally into rounds using the Crinkle Cutter. Place broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in Large Microcooker and add ½ cup water. Peel cucumber and cut into 3” lengths. Cut chicken into 1” chunks and place in Deep Dish Baker. Add hot water to 3-Qt Sauce pan and set aside with Double Boiler. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

During Show:
Press garlic using Garlic Press over chicken. Drizzle about ¼ cup Italian Dressing from Measure, Mix and Pour over chicken. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes using Clock Timer. Talk about the Stoneware.

Bring the water to a boil in the 3 Qt. sauce pan while preparing the following ingredients.

Slice Small Potatoes in 1 “ chunks using the Chef’s Knife with Sharpening Case and Cutting Board. Add to Large Micro-cooker and microwave for 4 minutes. Drain.

Slice the red pepper with Chef’s Knife.

Slice the cucumber using Ultimate Slice & Grate’s V-Blade.

Take a few cucumber slices and demo Food Chopper (save the chopped cucumber for your host for later use)

Slice the mushrooms using the Egg Slicer Plus.

Slice apple and pear using Apple Wedger.

Slice remaining bread using Serrated Bread Knife.

Explain the recipe comes from More Stoneware Sensations Cookbook.

Add the following to the Double Boiler:
Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, grate the remaining cheese and add pre-shredded cheese. Using Smooth Edge Can Opener, open Cheddar Cheese Soup and add to Double Boiler. Add Flour using Adjustable Measuring Spoons, add milk from Measure All Cup, Stir together until melted using Small Mix & Scraper and/or Stainless Steel Whisk. Talk about Cookware.

Place the foods decoratively on the Simple Additions products. Provide Bamboo Skewers for guests to dip their own portions. Leave the fondue on a slow simmer to keep from cooling and getting too thick.

Velvet Chocolate Fudge Fondue
This is a really, rich & wonderful sauce that also goes great with ice cream!

1 stick real butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 Tbsp. corn syrup
1 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 box Angel Food cake mix
Fresh Strawberries
1 can chunk Pineapple
2 Apples
2 Bananas

Bring Angel Food Cake baked in Stoneware Bar Pan. Have host give you a cake mix to reimburse your pantry.

Before the show: Add 1 cup chocolate chips to Double Boiler. Measure 1 cup brown sugar into Adjustable Scoop. Wash strawberries and hull using Cook’s Corer (save 2 to demo during the show) Slice all but 2 strawberries in half using Utility Knife with Sharpening Case. Slice cake into 1 ½ inch pieces using Serrated Bread Knife, save a piece to demo during the show. Open Evaporated milk and measure into the Measure All Cup

During the Show: Talk about Stoneware. Show Stoneware Bar Pan

Bring water in Professional 3 Qt Saucepan to a simmer.

Finish cutting up Angel Food Cake using Serrated Bread Knife. Set aside.

Using Cook’s Corer, hull remaining Strawberries and slice using Utility Knife with Sharpening Case.

Slick Banana into 1” chunks using Utility Knife and slice a little using Egg Slicer Plus. Place bananas into Micro-Cooker

Open can of Pineapple using Smooth Edge Can Opener. Drain liquid into Micro-Cooker to coat bananas and then drain juice and discard (this should keep bananas from browning)

Wedge Apples using The Apple Wedger.

Demo Food Chopper using a few of the apple wedges and save for another use.

Talk about the Cookware

In the Double Boiler: melt butter, chocolate chips, and brown sugar. Stir using the Stainless Steel Whisk. Add evaporated milk from Measure All Cup and Corn Syrup using opposite side of Measure All Cup (yes, tablespoons are
listed!). When the sauce is very smooth (after a few minutes) turn off
heat and add Vanilla using Adjustable Measuring Spoons.

Place the foods decoratively on the Simple Additions products. Provide Bamboo Skewers for guests to dip their own portions. Leave the heat off. If you like, pour the sauce into a Simple Additions Medium Bowl and scrape using Small Mix N Scraper or leave in the Double Boiler.

PMS ShowDoes anyone have invitations, ideas on PMS Show? I have heard of having chocolate and salty snacks. Also having everyone come in pjs and slippers. I have promoted this but need an invitation for it. Any other ideas for this? It's supposed to be "Pamper Me Sweetheart" but I like, "Pamper Me Silly". Either way, I'd love an extra ideas for this.

My Host said some of her guests were not thrilled about the "pj" part of the show. Any thoughts?

How about instead of pjs asking guests to bring their favorite slippers - still comfy but not as informal. Just a thought.

Leesa

1. What is the "Sip & Dip Show" and when did it take place?

The "Sip & Dip Show" was a special event hosted by Pampered Chef consultant Julie Gizzi in November 2002. It featured a variety of delicious recipes using Pampered Chef products.

2. Can I still access the recipes from the "Sip & Dip Show"?

Yes, all of the recipes from the "Sip & Dip Show" are still available on the Pampered Chef website. Simply search for "Julie Gizzi's Sip & Dip Show" to find them.

3. Are the recipes from the "Sip & Dip Show" only for dips and drinks?

No, while the focus of the show was on dips and drinks, there were also recipes for appetizers, main dishes, and desserts using Pampered Chef products.

4. Can I use substitutes for the Pampered Chef products in the recipes?

While we always recommend using Pampered Chef products for the best results, you can certainly use substitutes if needed. Just keep in mind that the final outcome may be slightly different.

5. How can I purchase the Pampered Chef products used in the "Sip & Dip Show" recipes?

You can purchase any of the Pampered Chef products used in the "Sip & Dip Show" from your local Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. Simply search for the specific product name to find it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • KellyTheChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
simonsays
Replies