• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Single Serving Pan: Tips, Reviews, Ideas & More

In summary, The Single Serving Pan is a great option for people who want to try out new recipes or need a small pan for one person. Complaints include that it is heavy and difficult to clean, but the positives include that it is dishwasher safe and fits in the microwave.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the Single Serving Pan. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

Curious to get this and try it out. Seems like a nice idea, but then I think why not just use the muffin stone. I know these wells are bigger, though, so I guess that's good. We need more recipe ideas. The 2 mentioned for this season do sound good, though, so I'm glad we have some things to try out.

Muffin stone wouldnt fit in a microwave though, and isnt that the idea for this ne? I am curious.

fits in the microwave, evenly spaced - similar to using the prep bowl set like the lemon cakes, but all at once - i really like this and am glad it comes with its own release tool - my wheels are spinning about recipes for this one. ps - it is hefty!

I still haven't seen the "release tool" ~ would love to see what that looks like.

I didn't look closely, but it looked like similar material to the scraper, only sort of rounded-knife shaped. I'm hoping it'll be available separately through supply or replacements – I'm not planning on getting this stone, but would love the tool for the muffin pan.

Keeping an open mind on this one but it is so heavy in weight

From the video, the release tool looks just like a brown version of a white one I have that came with another product (maybe the springform pan?) and I use the white one all the time for getting muffins and cupcakes out of the pan as well as running around the edge of cakes, etc. before turning them out.

I got it an I'm really not wanting to even try it. So, for now it will stay in the box. Was hoping for the egg cooker....

I LOVE it! I got two of the them (ffa & director box). I made mashed potatoes, put them in bottom of wells, then made the South of the Border Meatloaf and put it on top. Baked in oven (both fit perfectly side by side) for about 20 minutes. Delish and fun! The release tool is fantastic. Much like the muffin pan, not so fun to clean, but once it seasons won't be a problem.

What other uses and recipes are you using this for?

Really excited about this piece!At first I wasn't sure what to make of this piece. I thought the cherry cheesecakes that they had in the recipe collection was fun but other than that I couldn't come up with anything to use this piece for. But then once my imagination got going it wouldn't stop! I just used It for the first time to make mini crustless quiches. They turned out fabulous! Light and fluffy and flavorful! I plan to use this next month at my champagne brunch to make breakfast stata casseroles. I think this is going to be a lot of fun to use! Below is a photo of my mini quiches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,616
MrsNetNut404 said:
At first I wasn't sure what to make of this piece. I thought the cherry cheesecakes that they had in the recipe collection was fun but other than that I couldn't come up with anything to use this piece for. But then once my imagination got going it wouldn't stop! I just used It for the first time to make mini crustless quiches. They turned out fabulous! Light and fluffy and flavorful! I plan to use this next month at my champagne brunch to make breakfast stata casseroles. I think this is going to be a lot of fun to use! Below is a photo of my mini quiches.
Great idea! Would you mind sharing the recipe? :D

Recipe, sortaI have to admit that I just improvised on this one. I had some left over bell pepper and onions that I threw into the manual food processor and diced up. Then I cooked that with some left over turkey sausage in my ceramic pan. While that was cooking I cracked 8 eggs into the small batter bowl and added a little bit of water and about a cup of half n half. You can use whatever you have on hand, milk/h&h/cream if you want. Whisked that together. I added a little salt & pepper. I preheated my oven to 350 degrees and prepped my single servings pan with a little bacon grease but you can use butter or oil or whatever. I divided the pepper, onion, & sausage mixture into each well of the SSP. I then poured as evenly as I could my egg mixture into each well. I grated some cheese and put it on each well and baked it in the oven. I didn't really pay attention to the time. I just kept an eye on them and made sure the egg was fully cooked but not OVER cooked. If I had to guess on the time I would say 10-15 minutes. But don't take that as gospel. Just a warning. They will puff up in the over, but they will deflate when they come out. They are still tasty. Maybe not as pretty, but still tasty.

Hope that helps.

Mrs Net

Here is a question posed to me by one of my hosts. What do you do if your host wants to make a recipe
using the single servings pan but has more than 6 guests at her show? Do you make the recipe twice? Double it? The only problem is I didn't think to order more than one single servings pan. Silly me!

You don't need two of the stones. Just cut each one in half. They can share - it's a tasting not a "meal".

I agree with Beth. I usually present 2 different recipes- so there's enough to nosh on. Even if she has 15 (yay for you!) just cut them up and everyone can grab some.

Popovers in the new Single Serve- great idea and perfect size.

popovers in single serving575021_279077372222580_2105834816_n.jpg

DebPC,Glad to hear your popovers turned out great! They look delicious! That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the SSP as well.

Where did you get the recipe for the popovers? They look delicious!

I Love the popover idea....I have not used this piece yet as I had no idea what to do with it but popovers...yum....my popover pan had to be thrown out a couple of years ago....have not made them since....I am going to now....however the release tool that comes with this piece of stoneware I use all the time! I don't have the avacado tool and let me just say this release tool get the avacado out easily. I also use it with the mini muffing pan...

Single Serve Stone Vegie TrayAnother use idea...

single serve stone vegie tray.jpg

I could have sworn that someone posted a recipe booklet with ideas for the Single-Serve pan. But it may have been in my imagination?? If not, where would I find it? I didn't see anything in the files....at least not with my search parameters.

Sorry- I didn't make these. I would assume any popover recipe would work. Bet they are fluffier then in a metal pan.

Upside Down Pineapple Cherry Cakes in Single Serve StoneLooks good!

upside down cheryy cakes single8722138_n.jpg

Cheese Potatoes cheese potatoes36643551_n.jpg

Cheese Potatoes
2 pound bag frozen Hash Browns, thawed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 pint sour cream or try French Onion Dip instead of the sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
crushed corn flakes
1 stick oleo, melted

Mix potatoes, onion, sour cream, soup, cheese. Spread in casserole dish.
Mix corn flakes and oleo, spread over above.
Bake 45 minutes at 350

Cheesy potatoes looks great. Does anyone have microwave recipes they use this for? Something quicker for a show?

I was so excited by the popover picture that I looked up a recipe for them online (I had never made popovers before) and made them last night. Very simple and yummy!! I forgot to take a picture but honestly they looked just like the pic DebPC put up on this thread. They take about 40 minutes to bake so not a show recipe. Thanks for the inspiration Deb! ...and it was the first time I used my single serving pan...

Yum!

Single Serving Lava Cake148972380_n.jpg

^^I'm going to adapt the Lava Cake recipe....I am having a show this weekend for a beauty pageant director, and she's inviting ALL the moms and girls!! It was the director's idea for the girls to make doll cakes while the moms are all watching the demo. Fun!!

What are popovers? It looks like a roll. Is there a difference?

Bacon Cheesy Croissant CupsGreat brunch idea. Has anyone tried these? bacon cheese90641_n.jpg Scrambled Egg Mixture – mix whichever way you like them! (using approximately 12 eggs or egg whites)
Bacon – one strip per well (or use your favorite add-ins like ham, sausage, veggies)
1 pkg. refrigerated croissant dough Brush inside of Single Serving Pan wells with oil. Wrap one slice of bacon around the inside of each well. Pour scrambled egg mixture to fill well two-thirds full. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, then lay one triangle of croissant dough in a spiral shape over top of each well. Bake 10-15 minutes more or until dough is golden brown.

Strawberry Filled Shortcakes strawberry short cakes1048235_n.jpg

Strawberry Filled Shortcakes
Using the New Single Serving Stone Pan!

Ingredients:
9 oz yellow cake mix (note size)
1 can strawberry pie filling
White Choc Chips

Mix cake fill half full, scoop 1 small scoop using our small scoop of strawberries.
Microwave on high 8-9 min. Using small silicone prep bowl melt 1/3c choc chip drizzle over cakes!

Love all these recipes! Thank you all for sharing:)

I would like to share a booklet for single serving stone. There are recipes, pics, and ideas from many consultants on facebook and chef success. I did not know who the original credit goes to but since we share ideas here I would like to add it here so that all shared recipes and pics are in one place. Keep this for your refrences. Make changes as you feel are needed. Here's the problem How do i Upload it to this thread? I tried to upload but it exceeds the 2.0mb limit. Let's see if I can direct everyone to my dropbox.....

Last edited:
That's awesome! I would add it here and by the Recipe by Product thread. So appreciated!!!

http://db.tt/eNJRxFNDHere is the link to my public drop box. Feel free to use and if anyone wants modify to give credit feel free to do so. Thank you

Last edited:
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with Mashed Potato ToppingSorry couldn't find a clear copy- but this looks major yummy!!!

bacon meatloaf935851_615969085081782_846549964_n.jpg

Meatloaf in the Single ServeHas anyone made these???
meatloaf5385_594116237288475_1081629247_n.jpg Mix 1 lb ground beef, 2 eggs, 1 cup water, 2 TBS A-1, and a 6oz box of Stove Top Stuffing. Using Kitchen Spritzer (filled with oil) spray wells of Single Serve Pan. Divide up mixture into the six wells. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, based on your oven. ENJOY!

Oatmeal in our Single Serve Stoneware oatmeal2473_n.jpg

Recipe For Oatmeal:

In each well:
1/2 cup rolled oats
big pinch of salt
1/2 cup water

Cover, nuke on high as long as it takes in your microwave- usually about 5 minutes. Uneaten servings can be warmed up later in about a minute. Cross sell with large Boil over No More and Microwave Grips.

Turkey Pesto Lasagna Cups basilCapture.JPG

Turkey Pesto Lasagna Cups From www.fromaway.com

Turkey Pesto Lasagna Cups
Serves 6

Ingredients:
• 1 batch basil pesto
•Generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice
•15 lasagna noodles, boiled according to package directions, drained and separated
•Olive oil
•1 lb 85/15 ground turkey
•Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
•2 baby zucchini, peeled and diced
•12 thin slices fresh mozzarella cheese

Method:

Preheat oven to 350. Grease stoneware pan lightly with olive oil. Add fresh lemon and salt and pepper to basil pesto.

Cook ground turkey in a large skillet over medium-high heat in a drizzle of olive oil until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in zucchini and remove from the heat. Cut cooked noodles in half (or appropriate size to fit pan).

To assemble the individual lasagnas, layer a square of noodle, spread a heaping teaspoon of basil pesto, the turkey and zucchini mixture, and a slice of cheese. Repeat twice, finishing with a noodle covered in pesto, sprinkled with torn pieces of mozzarella. An extra drizzle of olive oil doesn’t hurt, either. Bake 30-35 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

1 cup prep bowls fit in Single Serving Stone. 1 cup prep bowls in single serve7795_n.jpg

higoobs said:
http://db.tt/eNJRxFND

Here is the link to my public drop box. Feel free to use and if anyone wants modify to give credit feel free to do so. Thank you
Thanks bunches! I was able to open and email to myself at work from my iPad and print. I am donating a Single Serve stone I won at cluster meeting for a door prize at a Fundraiser for the local no kill shelter. We have a spiral binder so I was able to make a nice looking cook book with my website on every page to give with it!

so many great pics and recipies for the single stone booklet gonna add them in. Will add here as soon as I fix it up

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mryvrnww2ho980e/SINGLE%20SERVING%20PAN%20Recipes1.docxI have modified and added to my drop box. I'm sorry but the file is too big to upload here.
Just updated the single serving booklet. Let me know if it doesn't work.

That's fantastic! Thanks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956