• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Single Mom Interested... Catalogue Only?

In summary, a consultant talked to her potential host about the opportunity and assured her that she could do catalog shows without leaving her house. However, the consultant has not had much success with catalog shows and is unsure how to help the host be successful. They discuss the possibility of the host becoming a consultant, but she doesn't have access to a computer. Other consultants suggest using a computer at a library or submitting orders on paper, and also mention the possibility of doing pamper a business shows. The consultant also encourages the host to consider her motivations and availability for the business.
chefmelody
I talked to my host for next Sunday tonight, and I'm glad I asked her if she'd be interested in the opportunity! She mentioned that she'd looked into it several years ago, but decided it wasn't for her at the time. Now she's gone through a divorce, and is a single mom of four kids ages 12-infant. Her concern is that she wouldn't be able to get away from the house to do cooking shows, and wondered if she could only do catalogue shows. I assured her that she could, and just had to turn in $200 every two months.

Here's the problem, though... I've never had much luck with catalogue shows, and I don't want to set her up for disappointment. I've only had three good catalogue shows in my career as a consultant. How can I help her be sucessfull?

I just had a woman sign up for catalog only and now she has 3 shows on the books! I think if you can get her to sign then someone close to her is going to ask her if she can do a show for them. Maybe she can do cooking shows for close friends and family.

THe important thing to stress to her if she's going to do catalog shows, is to really host coach well. I know you can make it doing catalog shows, because my director was in a car accident right after we got home from conference last year; then she had to rely on catalog shows, because she couldn't do any lifting for quite awhile. She really concentrated on host coaching her best, and asked the hosts to see if others wanted to do catalog shows.

All right, thank you! The other issue is that she doesn't have a computer or internet access. I know it's possible to submit shows on paper, but I've never tried.

I think she'd make a good consultant, she'd just have these hurdles to get over.

I, too, have not done well with catalog shows or getting bookings from them. I might encourage her to consider how often she could get away. Perhaps when the father has custody or when her parents are visiting or when the olders one are at a sleepover and she can afford a babysitter.

First, get her really excited about the possibilities. Does she want/need money? Does she want the products or just to have something to fill her mind? What drives her and then expand her thoughts to include a night out once or twice a month.

Good luck.

How hard does everyone think it can be to do this business without a computer? I know it can be done, but I have a potential recruit who doesn't have a computer. Just asking your opinions!!

I haven't had any recruits who were computer-less, but a cluster-mate did. The recruit had to be fairly organized and handy with a calculator.

Obviously, she's not going to have any of the report from PP or P3. And short of using a computer at the library (or work), won't have e-mail as another way customers can contact her. It'll be tricky, but can be done. Look at all the people who are NEDs now who started without PP!

Could she just use your computer to submit from? I have a member of my team without a computer so she comes over and sends it from my computer. I know it is possible to do it on paper, but it is a PITA I think, not to mention the extra delay for mailing time.

As for catalog shows- I posted on another thread about the pamper a business thing- and this could also work for her. Most of the work is being on the phone calling businesses asking if you can bring by some treats and cattys. All she needs to do is run in the catalogs and a little treat, then go back in a few days and pick up the PC item the treats were in and orders.

It is worth a try- worst case scenario is she doesn't get bookings for the future and gave it a try!!

I went my first 2 years (or almost) without a computer! It can definately be done, it's just so much easier with one! (hey, you can point out that she can get one with her PC earnings!)

Great!! Thanks!
BTW ChefMelody, I think she could do it with just catlog shows, all of mine have been between 200-400. She does several of those a month and I think she would make some good extra money!!

gilliandanielle said:
Could she just use your computer to submit from? I have a member of my team without a computer so she comes over and sends it from my computer. I know it is possible to do it on paper, but it is a PITA I think, not to mention the extra delay for mailing time.

I would offer that, but she lives a good 40 minutes from my house, and I think it would be a worse pain for her to have to pack up the kids and come over to submit them. I will offer that as an alternative, though.

I think what excites her about the opportunity is the chance of getting the products at a discount. I'd hate to have another kit-napper (my first recruit was one!), but I did stress that she had to do 4 shows according to the contract. She asked "How long do I have to do them?" :rolleyes:

I think I'll give her a copy of Empowering Women at her show, then go over the pros and cons with her. I don't want to push her into it if it's not going to work, but oooh, I do want to be a FD again! :eek:

chefmelody said:
I talked to my host for next Sunday tonight, and I'm glad I asked her if she'd be interested in the opportunity! She mentioned that she'd looked into it several years ago, but decided it wasn't for her at the time. Now she's gone through a divorce, and is a single mom of four kids ages 12-infant. Her concern is that she wouldn't be able to get away from the house to do cooking shows, and wondered if she could only do catalogue shows. I assured her that she could, and just had to turn in $200 every two months.

Here's the problem, though... I've never had much luck with catalogue shows, and I don't want to set her up for disappointment. I've only had three good catalogue shows in my career as a consultant. How can I help her be sucessfull?

This is a very helpful thread! I have a similar situation with a past host that is interested in the opportunity. Another worry she has is talking in front of people. I understand her concerns, because I was very shy too when I first started. Let us know your results and if she signs! I might use this situation as an example for my current potential recruit!

Would she be interested in using her house as a open house for some of the host? Just a thought. Her host could invite the guest to her house (if not too far ) and have the show there. Then her kids could stay there in their own house.

pckelly said:
How hard does everyone think it can be to do this business without a computer? I know it can be done, but I have a potential recruit who doesn't have a computer. Just asking your opinions!!

Funny to read this thread, I also have a potential recruit who is without a computer. I met her where she works and don't know how far she lives from me yet. I put some info together and am supposed to meet her back where she works sometime this week.

Needless to say I am open to all suggestions to let her know that it can be done and hopefully she'll earn enough to get a computer real soon.

Well my potential recruit lives right around the corner, so she may be able to come to my house once a week and submit her shows, she is my best friends sister, we have known each other for 13 years!!

Here is something to keep in mind ~ if your recruit uses your computer to submit her orders, what happens when it is crunch time and you BOTH have an order to submit before the deadline? Make sure she knows this or you are willing to do it for her.

I have a second PP installed on my PC b/c one of my team mates does not have a PC. I do have a harddrive back up for her.... Why? How else is she going to get her tax info at the end of the year??

The paper forms are a MITA to use and they are somewhat confusing...

I had never filled one out until I had to help out one of my recruits....

I would encourage all of them to find a family member who will let them install P3 on their computer. That way you avoid a lot of confusion later on.

Again - it is THEIR business - they need to be responsible for it.

My .02

1. What is the "Single Mom Interested... Catalogue Only?"

The "Single Mom Interested... Catalogue Only?" is a specially curated catalogue from Pampered Chef that is designed for single moms who are interested in cooking and hosting parties. It offers a selection of Pampered Chef products that are perfect for meal prepping, cooking, and entertaining.

2. Can anyone purchase from the "Single Mom Interested... Catalogue Only?"

Yes, anyone can purchase from the "Single Mom Interested... Catalogue Only?" However, it is specifically designed for single moms who are interested in cooking and hosting parties. The products offered in this catalogue may be more suitable for their needs and lifestyles.

3. How often is the "Single Mom Interested... Catalogue Only?" released?

The "Single Mom Interested... Catalogue Only?" is released quarterly, so every three months. This allows for new and updated products to be featured and for single moms to have a variety of options to choose from.

4. Are there any exclusive products in the "Single Mom Interested... Catalogue Only?"

Yes, there are some exclusive products that can only be found in the "Single Mom Interested... Catalogue Only?" These products are specially selected to cater to the needs and interests of single moms and may not be available in the regular Pampered Chef catalogue.

5. Can I host a party and use the "Single Mom Interested... Catalogue Only?"

Yes, you can absolutely host a party and use the "Single Mom Interested... Catalogue Only?" as your product catalogue. This is a great way to introduce your single mom friends to Pampered Chef products that are specifically chosen for them. Plus, you can earn rewards and discounts as a hostess!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • PCGINA
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • cincychef