• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Indulgent Sin in a Pan Recipe: Cream Cheese and Chocolate Pudding Layers

In summary, the conversation is about a delicious recipe for cream cheese and chocolate pudding bars. The recipe includes crescent rolls, chocolate pudding mix, sugar, cream cheese, and butter. The participants have made various suggestions for tweaking the recipe and have discussed the potential addition of an egg to the cream cheese mixture. The person who originally shared the recipe confirmed that there is no egg in the recipe and also shared their experience eating the dessert.
taterbug
This is not a PC recipe, but it is absolutely delicious so I thought I would share.

2 cans flaky crescent rolls (I think I used butter flaky)
1 box chocolate pudding mix (dry) (I used the large size box)
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a greased 9x13 baking dish, unroll one can of crescent rolls, spread evenly in bottom of baking dish and press seams together. Sprinkle one box of dry chocolate pudding mix on top of crescent rolls. With a mixer, mix two packs of cream cheese and two and one half cups sugar until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture over dry chocolate pudding mix. Unroll and place second can of crescent rolls over cream cheese mixture. Melt one stick of butter and pour on top of crescent rolls. Bake for thirty minutes. Allow to cool and serve.

The original recipe that I was given did not include the chocolate pudding mix; I added that this morning and it was to die for! I also sprinkled an abundance of Sweet Caramel Sprinkles on top of the second layer of crescent rolls, before pouring on the melted butter.

I made this for the guys at work this morning and they were speechless!

My rule of thumb is you can't go wrong with cream cheese. We'll be trying this later.

This sounds like a recipe my mom makes, but without the pudding, and it is to die for. I'm looking forward to trying it with the pudding. Quick question, though. Should there be an egg in the cream cheese mixture to help hold it together?

I didn't use an egg, but I don't see that it could hurt anything. The first time I made it, I followed a recipe that someone gave me and then this time I just made it from memory. I don't recall an egg, but will double check.
The recipe she gave me didn't use the pudding, but I have a different recipe for something called Ooey Gooey Bars that is very similiar to this and it uses the pudding mix so I just thought I would give it a shot. It was a great decision!

i'm glad i don't have the ingredients on hand - or i would make and eat the whole pan myself! thanks for sharing!

I might try this but thinking maybe putting the cream cheese down first then the pudding (thinking it may be easier to spread the cream cheese) and then top instead of the caramel sprinkles using the mocha hazelnut sprinkles. Might have to hit the grocery store in the morning :) Thanks for the idea :)

Fluffy215 said:
I might try this but thinking maybe putting the cream cheese down first then the pudding (thinking it may be easier to spread the cream cheese) and then top instead of the caramel sprinkles using the mocha hazelnut sprinkles. Might have to hit the grocery store in the morning :) Thanks for the idea :)
I didn't have any trouble with spreading the cream cheese over the pudding. I spooned the cream cheese on top of the pudding and then used the all purpose spreader to spread it out - just like frosting a cake.
If you try it the other way, let me know how it turns out. And yes, the Mocha Hazenut would probably be good too, as would cinnamon.

susanr613 said:
i'm glad i don't have the ingredients on hand - or i would make and eat the whole pan myself! thanks for sharing!

You are welcome. I have eaten so much of this today, I am just about sick! The bad part is that there is one more helping in the fridge and I think I hear it calling :D!!

taterbug said:
You are welcome. I have eaten so much of this today, I am just about sick! The bad part is that there is one more helping in the fridge and I think I hear it calling :D!!
Well, just minutes after making this post last night, I decided to get the last portion of this awesome dessert and share it with my husband, as he had not had any of it yet and I was actually intending for him to have the last serving. Well, wouldn't you know that he fell asleep in the recliner and I had to eat the rest of it by myself!!
I must say that it is even better after it has been in the fridge.

dianevill said:
Should there be an egg in the cream cheese mixture to help hold it together?
I looked at the original recipe that was given to me and it did not call for any eggs.

taterbug said:
Well, just minutes after making this post last night, I decided to get the last portion of this awesome dessert and share it with my husband, as he had not had any of it yet and I was actually intending for him to have the last serving. Well, wouldn't you know that he fell asleep in the recliner and I had to eat the rest of it by myself!!
I must say that it is even better after it has been in the fridge.
I guess this is really a case of "you snooze, you lose"!

I'll have to try this sometime when I need to take a dessert someplace. I KNOW I can't make if for just us at home, because I'd be tempted to keep eating!

When I made it yesterday I brought it to work for the guys (I work with eleven of them). I spooned out a serving for my son and one for my husband, and also a "biggie" serving for one the guys who wasn't here yesterday. Last night, one of the guys was supposed to take that serving to the guy who wasn't here.
So, after eating my husband's serving last night, I truly thought, yea - it is all gone now. Well, I got to work this morning and went to the fridge for a drink and wouldn't you know it.....Larry forgot to take Keith's to him last night! Now I have that fridge calling my name.....what is a girl to do?
I guess you could half the ingredients and make a smaller portion size for "at home use". Maybe use a small square pan and separate one pack of the crescent rolls instead of using two packs.

1. What is the recipe for "Sin in a Pan"?

The recipe for "Sin in a Pan" consists of a layer of crushed graham crackers mixed with melted butter, followed by a layer of cream cheese, a layer of chocolate pudding, and a layer of whipped cream. It is then topped with chopped nuts and chocolate chips.

2. Is "Sin in a Pan" easy to make?

Yes, "Sin in a Pan" is a simple and easy recipe that can be made in just a few steps. It does require some chilling time, but the actual preparation is quick and easy.

3. Can I use a different type of cookie for the crust?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie for the crust of "Sin in a Pan". Some popular options include Oreos, vanilla wafers, or even chocolate chip cookies.

4. How many servings does "Sin in a Pan" make?

This recipe makes about 12 servings, depending on how large you cut them. It is a rich and decadent dessert, so a small slice is usually enough for most people.

5. Can I make "Sin in a Pan" ahead of time?

Yes, "Sin in a Pan" can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. It is best to add the toppings right before serving for the freshest taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • hileeboydston
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies