1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sin In A Pan Recipe

1. taterbug

taterbug Member

This is not a PC recipe, but it is absolutely delicious so I thought I would share.

2 cans flaky crescent rolls (I think I used butter flaky)
    1 box chocolate pudding mix (dry) (I used the large size box)
    2 1/2 cups sugar
    2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
    1 stick butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a greased 9x13 baking dish, unroll one can of crescent rolls, spread evenly in bottom of baking dish and press seams together. Sprinkle one box of dry chocolate pudding mix on top of crescent rolls. With a mixer, mix two packs of cream cheese and two and one half cups sugar until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture over dry chocolate pudding mix. Unroll and place second can of crescent rolls over cream cheese mixture. Melt one stick of butter and pour on top of crescent rolls. Bake for thirty minutes. Allow to cool and serve.

The original recipe that I was given did not include the chocolate pudding mix; I added that this morning and it was to die for! I also sprinkled an abundance of Sweet Caramel Sprinkles on top of the second layer of crescent rolls, before pouring on the melted butter.

I made this for the guys at work this morning and they were speechless!

Jul 13, 2009
  2. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

My rule of thumb is you can't go wrong with cream cheese. We'll be trying this later.

Jul 13, 2009
  3. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

This sounds like a recipe my mom makes, but without the pudding, and it is to die for. I'm looking forward to trying it with the pudding. Quick question, though. Should there be an egg in the cream cheese mixture to help hold it together?

Jul 13, 2009
  4. taterbug

taterbug Member

I didn't use an egg, but I don't see that it could hurt anything. The first time I made it, I followed a recipe that someone gave me and then this time I just made it from memory. I don't recall an egg, but will double check.
    The recipe she gave me didn't use the pudding, but I have a different recipe for something called Ooey Gooey Bars that is very similiar to this and it uses the pudding mix so I just thought I would give it a shot. It was a great decision!

Jul 13, 2009
  5. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

i'm glad i don't have the ingredients on hand - or i would make and eat the whole pan myself! thanks for sharing!

Jul 13, 2009
  6. Fluffy215

Fluffy215 Member Gold Member

I might try this but thinking maybe putting the cream cheese down first then the pudding (thinking it may be easier to spread the cream cheese) and then top instead of the caramel sprinkles using the mocha hazelnut sprinkles. Might have to hit the grocery store in the morning :) Thanks for the idea :)

Jul 13, 2009
  7. taterbug

taterbug Member

I didn't have any trouble with spreading the cream cheese over the pudding. I spooned the cream cheese on top of the pudding and then used the all purpose spreader to spread it out - just like frosting a cake.
    If you try it the other way, let me know how it turns out. And yes, the Mocha Hazenut would probably be good too, as would cinnamon.

Jul 13, 2009
  8. taterbug

taterbug Member

You are welcome. I have eaten so much of this today, I am just about sick! The bad part is that there is one more helping in the fridge and I think I hear it calling :D!!

Jul 13, 2009
  9. taterbug

taterbug Member

Well, just minutes after making this post last night, I decided to get the last portion of this awesome dessert and share it with my husband, as he had not had any of it yet and I was actually intending for him to have the last serving. Well, wouldn't you know that he fell asleep in the recliner and I had to eat the rest of it by myself!!
    I must say that it is even better after it has been in the fridge.

Jul 14, 2009
  10. taterbug

taterbug Member

I looked at the original recipe that was given to me and it did not call for any eggs.

Jul 14, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I guess this is really a case of "you snooze, you lose"!

I'll have to try this sometime when I need to take a dessert someplace. I KNOW I can't make if for just us at home, because I'd be tempted to keep eating!

Jul 14, 2009
  12. taterbug

taterbug Member

When I made it yesterday I brought it to work for the guys (I work with eleven of them). I spooned out a serving for my son and one for my husband, and also a "biggie" serving for one the guys who wasn't here yesterday. Last night, one of the guys was supposed to take that serving to the guy who wasn't here.
    So, after eating my husband's serving last night, I truly thought, yea - it is all gone now. Well, I got to work this morning and went to the fridge for a drink and wouldn't you know it.....Larry forgot to take Keith's to him last night! Now I have that fridge calling my name.....what is a girl to do?
    I guess you could half the ingredients and make a smaller portion size for "at home use". Maybe use a small square pan and separate one pack of the crescent rolls instead of using two packs.

Jul 14, 2009
Have something to add?