• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simple "Thank You" Note That Made an Impression on Me

In summary, the conversation discusses the effectiveness of sending thank you notes in various business situations. The speaker shares their own experience of receiving a thank you note from a businessman and how it left a positive impression on them. They also mention their own practice of sending thank you notes to their party hosts and networking contacts. The conversation ends with a resource being shared about the importance of hand-written thank you notes in business.
esavvymom
Staff member
For months now, I have had this "Thank you" note from an area businessman sitting on my desk. He had gone around the neighborhood introducing himself to area residents (those who'd open the door ;)). He was with Edwards Jones Investment company. But a couple of days after I met him, I received this simple note and it impressed me. I don't know why! But I kept it- so I could use it as an example in my own business. I wanted to share it:

Dear Bobbi,
Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself and my firm to you. I am looking forward to building my business in the community and when I can be of service to you, please let me know.
Thanks again,
M.C.
(I left his name off on purpose).

How much more professional would it look if I sent a Thank you to each guest and host, to anyone I met that gave me their contact information, or if I did some Pamper a Business visits.

What do you think? Or do you already do something like this?

I use to send one to all hosts after I know they received their show. I got really busy last year and stopped sending them. Would really like to get it going again. One of my first hosts commented on how nice it was to hear something from me after the party.

I forgot to mention this guy did it as a First-class note (the regular stamp)....but I'd probably try to do it in a Postcard format at least, so I wasn't having to pay for that much postage. :)

I always send a thank you note to my host. Real note card with a first class stamp. I mail it the day of their party so they get it the next day. My note says, "Thank you for hosting a Pampered Chef party. I hope you had as much fun as I did" and I sign it. I send email thank yous to everyone who attended the party saying the same thing and I attach the recipe we made.

I have been doing morning after calls and just saying a quick thank you, and that has made a huge difference!!!! I was thinking about doing some sort of post cards/ thank you cards etc, but haven't gotten around to it. I agree that it makes a difference and is a great touch.

I've always liked EJ's business model. Very personal.I do hand-write a thank you letter to my hosts which I mail to them with any other post-show paperwork I need to get them.My mechanic sends us a thank you card after we bring the car in. My current investment professional also sent us thank you notes when we used his services.Julie Anne Jones recently posted this: http://julieannejones.com/video-blog-thank-you-notes

Excellent idea. I do send emails to networking contacts I've met, but a hand-written note is so much more personal and memorable.

1. What should I include in a simple "thank you" note?

In a simple "thank you" note, you should include a heartfelt expression of gratitude, the specific action or gift that you are thanking the person for, and a personal touch or detail that shows you truly appreciate their gesture.

2. How should I address the recipient in a "thank you" note?

The recipient of your "thank you" note should be addressed by their name or a term of endearment, such as "Dear [Name]" or "To my dear friend." This adds a personalized touch and shows that you are grateful for their specific gesture.

3. Is it necessary to send a handwritten "thank you" note?

While a handwritten "thank you" note adds a special touch, it is not always necessary. In today's digital age, a heartfelt email or text message can also be a meaningful way to express your gratitude. The most important thing is to make sure your message is sincere and genuine.

4. How soon should I send a "thank you" note?

It is best to send a "thank you" note as soon as possible, ideally within a week of receiving the gift or kind gesture. This shows that you are prompt and appreciative of the person's thoughtfulness. However, it is never too late to say thank you, so don't stress if you are delayed in sending your note.

5. Can I use a pre-written "thank you" note?

While pre-written "thank you" notes can be a helpful guide, it is best to personalize your message and make it specific to the person and situation. This shows that you took the time to reflect on their kindness and are genuinely grateful for their actions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
melindagilbert
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • mmmorgan20