• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Use the Food Holder on My Simple Slicer to Avoid Safety Concerns?

In summary, the person suggests that they should let their customers know that the slicer does work without the guard, but warns them about the dangers of using the slicer without the guard.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So this week I've used my simple slicer to slice up a lot of potatoes, and had a lot of problems with the food holder coming off.

Today I discovered the potato slices just fine even without the food holder! No issues except once when I came close to slicing my finger.

Do you think we should point this out to our customers?

Tell them to slice without the guard? I wouldn't! If they're going to do it, they're going to figure it out anyway... and then not blame YOU when they slice a finger!

The only thing(s) I slice without the guard is a squash like zucchini or yellow squash and just hold onto the stem right to the end. I love that slicer, but I love my fingers more!

No, I was thinking of letting them know that while it DOES work without the guard, PLEASE don't use it without the guard. That way they won't be like me, "Stupid guard won't stay on. Oh it works without it! How cool is that! I think I'll use it without the guard! Oh wait, bad idea!"

I wouldn't point out that "it does work without the guard," but I think if you're presenting the tool a simple "please remember to use the guard, as the blade is very sharp" would be okay.I DO know somebody who lost a good chunk of finger to a mandoline, so I'm very cautious about these!

I can certainly attest to that. I have less of a middle finger to "wave" at anyone because of my stupidity. ;). It is so not worth it.

I simply say this, "The Simple Slicer comes with this food holder and finger guard - if you like what your fingertips do for you, please promise me you will use it!"

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I completely understand your concerns about the food holder on the Simple Slicer. Safety is always our top priority when using any kitchen tool. I would definitely recommend using the food holder as it is designed to keep your fingers safe while slicing. However, if you find that the food holder is not staying in place, there may be a defect with your specific slicer. I would suggest contacting our customer service team for assistance with a replacement. In the meantime, please be extra cautious when using the slicer without the food holder to avoid any potential accidents. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and happy cooking!

1. What safety precautions should I take when using the Simple Slicer?

When using the Simple Slicer, it is important to always keep your fingers away from the blades and use the safety guard provided. Make sure to always slice away from your body and keep the slicer on a stable surface. It is also recommended to wear cut-resistant gloves for added protection.

2. Is the Simple Slicer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Simple Slicer is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash the blades to ensure they stay sharp and in good condition.

3. Can the Simple Slicer be used to slice meat?

No, the Simple Slicer is designed for slicing fruits and vegetables only. Using it on meats or hard foods can damage the blades and pose a safety hazard.

4. How do I change the blades on the Simple Slicer?

To change the blades on the Simple Slicer, first make sure the slicer is unplugged. Then, use the provided tool to remove the blade and replace it with a new one. Always handle the blades with caution and be sure to dispose of old blades properly.

5. Is the Simple Slicer suitable for children to use?

No, the Simple Slicer is not recommended for children to use. It is important to always supervise children when using kitchen tools and to keep the Simple Slicer out of reach when not in use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yumyummum
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies