• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simple Slicer: The Ultimate Mandolin Alternative for Fast and Easy Slicing!

chip maker! I was going to get the Simple Slicer, but I am going to get the chip maker instead.The chip maker is a great addition to the Simple Slicer. It makes the chip-making process so much easier.
jla8279
So, I have to admit....me and the Ultimate Mandolin do not get along well. So, I was very excited to try the new Simple Slicer (Retails for $29.50) and we are now best friends! I sliced a huge onion, zucchini, and squash the other night and it did a fantastic job! I tried all 3 settings and 1 is the thinest and 3 is the thickest. I didn't get the small "end" piece like I do with the Ultimate Mandolin. This Simple Slicer was "fast and easy". The larger opening did make a difference and the clean up was a breeze (top rack dishwasher). It's love for sure!! Has anyone else used the Simple Slicer? Tell me your thoughts.

I can't wait to get mine with my samples! I'm dying to make onion rings!

How do I find out what level I earned? When are we supposed to be getting the SAT packages? I've been waiting patiently but can't find any info. I did receive the paperwork and the level 1 for having 2 shows but that was it. I have $3000 in sales on my June commissionable sales but I can't find if I qualified or not. *sigh*

Teresa, was your entire $3000 in sales from shows actually held and submitted in June. If they were May shows that were submitted in June they don't count.

I ask because I think you should have gotten everything if you already received the package for having two shows and your paperwork.

Well, Poop! That's what it was then. Now I wish I hadn't spent my PC bucks on old stuff.
:(

AND, I just realized the box opening with my hospitality director was last night instead of tonight. :(

If you did not get this in your product earnings, please think about getting it!! It will absolutely make a difference when you are doing your shows!! I am sooo impressed with this simple little product and it is well worth it!!

Thank you for the tip! I will have to do some serious thinking about what I really want to get. I was so excited thinking that I had earned it. :( I'll put the Simple Slice on the top of my list.

This is one item on my have to have list! I love my mandoline but like how "simple" this one seems. Plus less bulk to take to a show.

It is one of the key items for the Featured Show recipes, so it is sold separately. I may have to go with Package D and purchase the Microwave Chip Maker and the Simple Slicer separately. Oh, and the Veggie Slicer! That intrigues me. I hate slicing celery! Decisions, decisions......

I think the Simple Slicer will be a big hit. I will probably market it as for the casual cook, while the Ultimate Mandoline is for serious cooks.

Great price point! I can see alot of microwave chip makers and Simple Slicer combo deals selling in September :)

Does it work on tomatoes?

It didn't work with tomatoes for me tonight. I was disappointed. This was the first time I actually used it. I guess I will try some onions and potatoes next.

It did a great job on a potato, an onion, and a bell pepper. I tried twice with Roma tomatoes, once on setting 2 (didn't read the use and care), and once on setting 3. Neither worked for me.

can we say tomato knife...:love:

I am not a big fan of the simple slicer. Yes, it did a good job on onions and potatoes but I don't find it as safe as the mandoline. When cleaning it with my kitchen brush, just like I clean my mandoline, it released the safety lock and the blade became explosed quite easily. I am concerned this could be a problem. I also don't find it to be as good quality as the mandoline. It feels cheap. I'll be promoting the mandoline over the simple slicer.

I just used the SS on a potato to make microwave chips. It was awesome- the slices were super thin. And the chips were also awesome- a new obsession!
I got my samples yesterday, but not the chip maker. I was desperate and substituted a collapsibale silicone colander. I collapsed it and turned it upside down. Then I just stuck the slices down in the grooves and microwaved. They were very crispy. When they came out of the micro I spritzed them with some olive oil and sprinkled with the new applewood BBQ rub. Yummy! My yorkies also loved the apple chips I made.

I LOVE the Simple Slicer....I have used it numerous times since I received it. I find it slices much thinner than the mandolin and easier for cleanup. I use it to make the potatoes for the blue cheese and bacon potato crisps. I can't wait to receive the Microwave potato chip maker, I'll be using it more often.

pchefgagnon said:
I LOVE the Simple Slicer....I have used it numerous times since I received it. I find it slices much thinner than the mandolin and easier for cleanup. I use it to make the potatoes for the blue cheese and bacon potato crisps. I can't wait to receive the Microwave potato chip maker, I'll be using it more often.

Ohhh - I'd forgotten about those! I love those - great idea!

1. How does the Simple Slicer work?

The Simple Slicer is a compact and efficient tool that slices fruits and vegetables with ease. Simply place the desired produce onto the blade and slide it back and forth to create perfectly even slices.

2. Is the Simple Slicer easy to clean?

Yes, the Simple Slicer is incredibly easy to clean. It is dishwasher safe and the blade can be easily removed for thorough cleaning.

3. Can the Simple Slicer be used for different types of produce?

Absolutely! The Simple Slicer is designed to slice a variety of fruits and vegetables, including cucumbers, zucchini, apples, and more. It can even handle softer produce like tomatoes without crushing them.

4. How durable is the Simple Slicer?

The Simple Slicer is made with high-quality materials and is built to last. It can withstand regular use without dulling or breaking.

5. What makes the Simple Slicer different from other slicers on the market?

The Simple Slicer stands out for its compact size, easy cleaning, and ability to create even slices quickly and effortlessly. It is also designed with safety in mind, with a protective guard to keep your hands safe while slicing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gfreechef
  • koima
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies