• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Simple Additions Recipes for Your Host Special

In summary, Yvonne is looking for recipe suggestions for her monthly newsletter featuring the Host Special product. Lee Anne shares her recipe for apple dip using the Simple Additions product and Heath bars, which are not available in the UK under that name. Yvonne clarifies that they are known as Dime bars in the UK.
Yvonne
I wonder if anyone can help? I have been sending out an e-mail newsletter for a number of months now, with a different recipe attached each month. At first the recipes were random, but now I have hit on the idea of featuring a recipe for whatever product is on the Host Special that month. The Host Special for September in the UK is Simple Additions. Has anyone got any nice recipes that would lend themselves to this. Not necessarily something that could be done at a show, but just something that my customers would like that would be OK for Small Bowls and Caddy, or Medium Bowls/Squares.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Yvonne

I just did this yesterday for a show. I used the new striped medium bowl and made this apple dip. I placed it on the large platter. Then I sliced serveral different types of apple with the apple wedger. (the different colored apple skins were pretty). I had them use the new colored spreaders. This went over so well I believe I am going to start doing it for my fall shows.

2 8oz bricks cream cheese, softened (I used the 1/3 less fat kind)
1 (16 oz) tub caramel dip
3 heath bars
several apples - to slice with the Apple Wedger

Line the medium SA bowl with the cream cheese. Pour the caramel dip into the "nest". Chop the Heath bars with the Food Chopper and sprinkle on top of the dip. Place square bowl on the Large Square Platter. Add small bar board and Apple Wedger and 3-4 apples and a spreader. Let guests wedge their own apple and spread with dip.

Lee Anne Brock

What are health bars? Do we have these in UK?
Yvonne

Heath bars are a chocolate covered toffee candy bar. Yumm!!

Yum!YUM!!! That dip sounds delicious!!!! I may have to try this one out!!! Apples are a sure sign of fall, I bet it looked beautiful! Thanks for sharing!! :D

>>What are Heath bars? Do we have these in UK?<<

Yvonne, I don't think you can find them under that name in the UK, but in Germany & above they are called "Daim" or "Dajm."

In England, they are manufactured by Kraft under a similar name with the spelling "Dime" but that has changed in the past month. I don't know if the change has hit your local store. They changed the packaging to the "Daim" spelling. If you can't find them in you local markets, you can always find them in the SkandaShop or Restaurant in IKEA (yes, the furniture store).

Dime Bars
kitty said:
>>What are Heath bars? Do we have these in UK?<<

Yvonne, I don't think you can find them under that name in the UK, but in Germany & above they are called "Daim" or "Dajm."

In England, they are manufactured by Kraft under a similar name with the spelling "Dime" but that has changed in the past month. I don't know if the change has hit your local store. They changed the packaging to the "Daim" spelling. If you can't find them in you local markets, you can always find them in the SkandaShop or Restaurant in IKEA (yes, the furniture store).

Oh yes I know Dime bars - they are yummy. I read it as Health bars at first - not too healthy I guess.

Thanks

Hi Yvonne,I love the idea of featuring recipes that go along with the Host Special each month! It's a great way to showcase the products and give your customers some new ideas for using them. For the Simple Additions Host Special in September, I have a few delicious and easy recipes that would be perfect for the Small Bowls and Caddy, or Medium Bowls/Squares.1. Caprese Salad Skewers - These are a perfect appetizer or snack for any gathering. Simply skewer cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and mozzarella balls on toothpicks and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve in the Small Bowls for a beautiful and tasty presentation.2. Southwest Quinoa Salad - This colorful and flavorful salad is great for a light lunch or as a side dish. In a Medium Bowl, mix cooked quinoa, black beans, corn, diced bell peppers, and a homemade dressing made with lime juice, olive oil, and spices.3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip - This dessert dip is always a hit at parties. In the Caddy, mix together cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and mini chocolate chips. Serve with fruit or graham crackers for dipping.I hope these recipes give you some inspiration for your e-mail newsletter! Let me know if you try them out or if you need any other suggestions. Happy cooking!

What are some popular recipes that use Simple Additions products?

Some popular recipes that use Simple Additions products include the Veggie Flatbread Pizza made with the Rectangular Serving Platter, the Spinach and Artichoke Dip served in the Small Round Stone, and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Cups made in the Mini Fluted Pan.

Can I use Simple Additions products in the oven?

Yes, all Simple Additions products are oven-safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes them perfect for baking and roasting dishes.

Are Simple Additions products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all Simple Additions products are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand-washing them to prolong their lifespan.

Can I use Simple Additions products in the microwave?

Yes, all Simple Additions products are microwave-safe. They are great for reheating leftovers or cooking quick meals.

Do Simple Additions products come with any recipes?

Yes, each Simple Additions product comes with a recipe card that features a delicious recipe specially designed for that product. You can also find more recipes on our website and in our cookbooks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
twopamperedchefs
  • missyciccolella
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies