• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silicone Prep Bowls: Tips, Complaints, Praise & Reviews

In summary, the Silicone Prep Bowls are interesting, but some people find them hard to hold and read the measurements.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the Silicone Prep Bowls. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

These I find very interesting. The idea of melting something in the microwave- like chocolate and then decorating cakes, baked goods easily. What does everybody think?

I am looking forward to these! Happy they are open stock.

When the new products come out - I want them ALL. Then I start to think about it and decide what I really want and need and my list gets a lot shorter. These stayed on my list!

I agree- this year I'm getting tons for free, but when I have to buy them- I often wait for reviews from others and carefully pick and choose. To our customers, except extreme PC addicts- most of our line is unknown anyways.

I think they're interesting. I'm looking forward to playing with them.

I just got them this past week and had a vendor event this weekend. I looked at them right off the top thought melting Chocolate when someone asked what I would do with them, they seemed very pleased with my 2 second thought... so then after I got home I had to try out the largest with some softened cream cheese and cool whip for a filling... thinking demo purposes and they are VERY hard to hold when trying to fold in the "whip" to it. So currently I am on the fence with this product.

I love these. I use them at shows to mix together a dip and to combine ingredients for whatever at home. I find them easy to handle and hold while mixing things. They will be great for melting chocolate and I think they'll be easier to manage than prep bowls for that as those glass bowls get hot.

I have been looking at candy making stuff at the major hobby stores for the last few days (want a panoramic egg mold, I've not made them in years and can't find my molds) and I noticed that they had silicone bowls for melting chocolate. I didn't try them to make my eggs since I needed to keep the chocolate hot for a while, I used the double boiler.

I always used the microwave for melting chocolate. Just have to make sure to melt at 50% power. But I definitely see your point for using the double boiler if you need it to say hot for awhile.

Just curious- how are these selling? Anyone selling a lot of these?

I used one of these last week to melt some chocolate and was surprised at how hot it gets. I thought silicone wasn't supposed to conduct heat as well as glass but it was hard to hold on to while drizzling the chocolate.

can anyone really read the measurements on the side?? My guests are not interested because they are hard to read.

What are the benefits of using silicone prep bowls?

Silicone prep bowls are versatile and durable kitchen tools that have many benefits. They are heat-resistant, non-stick, and dishwasher safe, making them perfect for all types of cooking and baking. They are also collapsible, making them easy to store and transport. Additionally, they come in a variety of sizes and colors, making them both practical and aesthetically pleasing.

How do I clean my silicone prep bowls?

Cleaning silicone prep bowls is very easy. They are dishwasher safe, so you can simply place them in the dishwasher with your other dishes. If you prefer to hand wash them, use warm soapy water and a sponge or dishcloth. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or tools, as they can damage the silicone material. Also, make sure to fully dry the bowls before storing them.

Are there any complaints about silicone prep bowls?

While silicone prep bowls have many benefits, some people may have complaints about them. One common complaint is that they can retain odors and flavors from strong-smelling foods. To prevent this, it is recommended to soak the bowls in a mixture of water and white vinegar for a few hours before washing them. Another complaint is that they can be a bit flimsy and may not hold their shape well when filled with heavy ingredients.

What do customers love about silicone prep bowls?

Customers have many positive things to say about silicone prep bowls. They love that they are versatile and can be used for a variety of tasks, such as measuring, mixing, and storing food. They also appreciate that they are lightweight and easy to clean. Many customers also praise the fact that they are made of silicone, which is a safe and durable material that does not leach chemicals into food.

Do you have any tips for using silicone prep bowls?

We have a few tips to help you get the most out of your silicone prep bowls. Firstly, make sure to place them on a stable surface when using them, as they can be a bit flexible. Also, avoid using sharp utensils or knives in the bowls, as they can damage the silicone. If you need to remove air from the bowls, gently squeeze them from the sides rather than pressing down on the top. Lastly, make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for maximum heat resistance and durability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg