• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silicone Floral CuPampered Chefake Pan

In summary, the silicone floral cupcake pan is not a fan favorite because the cupcakes rise and have a dome-shaped top. Another issue is that they stick to whatever platter is put in front of them. Another problem is that the batter does not sit flat without cutting the bottom off. The recipe for the mashed potato casserole is in the files. Rice Krispies can be made in the pan by using a recipe. Lastly, the silicone pan can be used for making pancakes.
tabnat80
Gold Member
I was thinking about buying the silicone floral cupcake pan since I saw the new season's best. The molten mini cakes on the front look sooo good. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone had any input on these and what you thought about them. Also, do you know of any recipes besides desserts that you can use these for?

Ice for punch bowls or pitchers
jello
I make an instant mashed potato casserole & put them in it.
rice krispy treats

pretty butter pats for holidays and parties.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I thought I was going to love this pan, but I'm not a huge fan of this one. Because, when you make cup-cakes they rise and have a dome shaped top.....which in the case of the floral pan the top is supposed to be the bottom. Well, unless you cut the hump off - your cup-cakes look like a bunch of floral weebles. Another reason I didn't like cutting off the hump was because then the little cakes stick to whatever platter you put them on (if you use a doily, then they stick to that too).

Using a pound cake instead of regular cake helps with that, Linda. I LOVE the caramel cake recipe from the fall. mmm....

chefann said:
Using a pound cake instead of regular cake helps with that, Linda. I LOVE the caramel cake recipe from the fall. mmm....
I tested soooooo many batters with this. Yes, the denser (is that a word?) batters didn't have as big a hump, but they still didn't sit flat w/o cutting the bottom off. One thing I didn't test in all my research was baking them in a regular oven. I used my convection oven which I think makes things rise higher. I agve the pan back to my director and then thought about that part. So, maybe I should try this again?

Anything to eat some more "test" cupcakes, right?
:D

Teresa Lynn said:
Ice for punch bowls or pitchers
jello
I make an instant mashed potato casserole & put them in it.
rice krispy treats

I love the idea of doing rice krispies in there! Can you share the recipe for the mashed potato casserole?

I used this pan to make reese cups for mothers day. Theywere GOOD - the recipe is in the files here I believe. :)

I thought you were supposed to turn them upside down on the cooling rack (while still in the pan) so that their bottom would re-flatten while they cool. Has anyone tried this?

--Jenny L

jlevernier said:
I thought you were supposed to turn them upside down on the cooling rack (while still in the pan) so that their bottom would re-flatten while they cool. Has anyone tried this?

--Jenny L
Yep, didn't work so great for me. It just sort-of put a flatter botom on the hump. Also, the floral pan is wider than the cooling rack.

4kids4me said:
I love the idea of doing rice krispies in there! Can you share the recipe for the mashed potato casserole?

I used this pan to make reese cups for mothers day. Theywere GOOD - the recipe is in the files here I believe. :)

What is the recipe under? Actually both, if you both of you don't mind?

4kids4me said:

Reece Cups - you have my attention - How? Ok, I have an idea how - could you share your recipe? :D

chef_kimmo said:
Reece Cups - you have my attention - How? Ok, I have an idea how - could you share your recipe? :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Will Need:

1 Lb. Melting/candy Making Chocolate

1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter

½ Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk

¼ Cup Powdered Sugar

Spray Silicone Cupcake Pan W/ Oil.

Melt Half Of Chocolate In Small Micro Cooker

Fill 6-7 Muffin Wells ¼ Full,place In Fridge

Mix Remaining 3 Ingreidents Together.

Using Small Scoop, Place Peanut Butter Mixture On Top Of Chilled Chocolate. Flatten Gently With Bottom Of Scoop.

Melt Remaining Chocolate, Pour Over Peanut Butter Balls,makiing Sure To Get Around All Sides.

Chill For At Least 30 Minutes.

YUM!! I will try it

Ummmmm...where's Ms. Mashed Potato?:cool:

Yeah, I want to see that recipe too!!! :cool:

chef_kimmo said:
Yeah, I want to see that recipe too!!! :cool:

I use my pans for making pancakes! One large scoop of batter into each. Sprinkle some with chocolate chips and bake for 14 minutes (no watching & burning them on the pan ~ perfect every time). With 2 pans, kitty-cornered I can make quite a few at once and they are soooo yummy!

With cake mix, press a kiss into the center, when you pop them out, the kiss will be in the flower's center.

Another good one is mini corn dog muffins. Make a batch of corn bread batter and cut up hot dogs or use the ****tail wieners.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I sure wish our friend John would make a Silicone cupcake booklet like his triffle booklet.

Tip for avoiding the hump forming........drag a small paring knife or wooded skewer/chopstick through the batter after you pour it in the silicone cups. This should help the batter rise evenly during baking. This also works with regular sized cake pans. Run a butter knife through the center of the pan to help it rise evenly. This is a tip I got when I first got into serious cake decorating years ago from an old Army cook. Also, spray the silicone baking pan really well. Hope this helps someone. :D

chocolate lollipops are fun too.

layer different colored chocolate (chill for a few minutes between colors) add a stick and you have a boquet (sp?) of chocolate flowers.

Yummy. They all sound great. I can't wait to try them, especailly the lollipops!

i tried the mini molten cakes the other day and they weren't good, i think i left it in there a little too long but i didn't care for the taste. i made the warm nutty caramel brownies and they were insanely good!!

ginamkiely said:
i tried the mini molten cakes the other day and they weren't good, i think i left it in there a little too long but i didn't care for the taste. i made the warm nutty caramel brownies and they were insanely good!!

did you use Rolos?

Denarella said:
did you use Rolos?

in the brownies... yes. they were good. soooo good! i have 1 left and now you made me hungry, i think i'm going to eat it now. lol

Did you make the brownies in the silicone floral cupcake pan?
I made them last night in the bar pan to bring to our PTA meeting - they were a HUGE hit!

pamperedlinda said:
I thought I was going to love this pan, but I'm not a huge fan of this one. Because, when you make cup-cakes they rise and have a dome shaped top.....which in the case of the floral pan the top is supposed to be the bottom. Well, unless you cut the hump off - your cup-cakes look like a bunch of floral weebles. Another reason I didn't like cutting off the hump was because then the little cakes stick to whatever platter you put them on (if you use a doily, then they stick to that too).
Turn the pan upside down on the cooling rack when you take it out of the oven and it will flatten the bottoms.

I posted before I finished reading. I'm sorry that didn't work for you Linda, mine turned out fine. There where I think 2 that weren't completely flat because they don't fit perfectly.

Thanks for the other ideas for the pan. I love having a lot of uses for each product.

My MIL bought one, but I think it's at my house more than hers!! LOL I love it!

missydivine said:
Turn the pan upside down on the cooling rack when you take it out of the oven and it will flatten the bottoms.

Put silicone Baking Parchment down first, and they won't stick to the cooling rack - it's a little messy trying to get them off the cooling rack especially if any of the cupcake squishes through the holes!

God Bless and take Care!

-praying for Paige and her family-

I would love to see the mashed potatoe recipe.

Okay, I knew I wanted this product. However, now after reading all of your posts and great idea's I am definately going to have to get it.

Dawn4 said:
I would love to see the mashed potatoe recipe.

Just PMd Teresa... she originally teased us with the mashed potato recipe. She is going to post the recipe in the next few days.

Heavenly Potatoesprepare instant potatoes according to package directions enough for 6 -8 servings
Add
4 oz cream cheese
4 oz sour cream
1 small carton green or french onion chip dip

Mix into warm potatoes.
bake in greased casserole dish (or silicone pan) until golden brown
you can sprinkle the top with paprika or add shredded cheddar cheese before serving

REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS

1 cup chunky peanut butter
2 sticks margarine
1 # powdered sugar
1 pkg (sleeve) crushed graham crackers
mix and press in bottom of pan
spread 12 oz chocolate chips with a LARGE spoon of peanut butter. Spread over crust.

If you want these in the silicone muffin pan add a little chocolate first then follow the above directions I use a SS scoop to fill them

Teresa Lynn said:
REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS

2 sticks margarine
1 # powdered sugar
mix and press in bottom of pan
spread 12 oz chocolate chips with a LARGE spoon of peanut butter. Spread over crust.

If you want these in the silicone muffin pan add a little chocolate first then follow the above directions I use a SS scoop to fill them

Do you chill or cook these?

Teresa Lynn said:
prepare instant potatoes according to package directions enough for 6 -8 servings
Add
4 oz cream cheese
4 oz sour cream
1 small carton green or french onion chip dip

Mix into warm potatoes.
bake in greased casserole dish (or silicone pan) until golden brown
you can sprinkle the top with paprika or add shredded cheddar cheese before serving

How do you pop them out of the silicone pan so that they still hold their shape?

sorry, they are not baked they do taste like reeses
I have popped them in the freezer for a short amount of time if you put enuff chocolate to make a thick shell they will be ok

Reeses You also do not fill them to the top or you will be sick
As the potatoes bake they get "stiff" or crunchy" or haven't had any problem with them

Ok, so does this look accurate for detailed instructions?
Ingredients

2 sticks margarine
1 lb powdered sugar
1 pkg chocolate chips

Directions
Step 1
Spray Silicone Cupcake Pan W/ Oil

Step 2
Melt chocolate in Small Micro Cooker and fill cupcake wells about 1/4

Step 3
Mix peanut butter, margarine, and powdered sugar together.

Step 4
Put peanut butter mixture in cupcake wells using the Small Scoop

Step 5
Press the crushed graham crackers on top to make a “crust”.

Step 6
Freeze for 10-15 minutes.

sorry, both of those recipes were my grandmothers & I'm tired and I typoed them just like she had them except whre I inserted our products
You do not want to pray the pan for the PB cups I don't rememebr typing that but it was wrong!!

I think I freeze it first, You also want to"paint" the sides with your spoon so it forms a shell.
the sugar, PB and marg mix with your mixer
I used the large SS scoop to fill then add the crust and then more choc. to seal it like a reg. Reeses stick in fridge for a while
When I was growing up we used to do it in the mini muffin foil liners for Christmas
try it in a 9 x 13 first you'll love it and it will be less work.
Apologies for my vague directions I assume everyone cooks & writes recipes like I do

Thanks Teresa, the spray was from a previous PB cup recipe I had so I figured it was done here too and you'd just left it out. See how foolish I can be when I assume? :p

I'm updating the silicone floral booklet with your recipes and wanted to make sure they were complete.

Teresa Lynn said:
sorry, both of those recipes were my grandmothers & I'm tired and I typoed them just like she had them except whre I inserted our products
You do not want to pray the pan for the PB cups I don't rememebr typing that but it was wrong!!

I think I freeze it first, You also want to"paint" the sides with your spoon so it forms a shell.
the sugar, PB and marg mix with your mixer
I used the large SS scoop to fill then add the crust and then more choc. to seal it like a reg. Reeses stick in fridge for a while
When I was growing up we used to do it in the mini muffin foil liners for Christmas
try it in a 9 x 13 first you'll love it and it will be less work.
Apologies for my vague directions I assume everyone cooks & writes recipes like I do

If you don't get PB cups when you pray the pan... what do you get???

ok ya'll stop pickin' on me!!

I'm stressin over that baby shower, have a horrible headache and am a bad typist to begin with!!

I think I NEED A WIFE!!

Teresa

Katie, be nice or I'll delete those recipes I can do that ya know!! :)

Hi, everyone. I just wanted to mention that I did a recipe demo of the molten chocolate cakes at my cluster meeting last night. I baked them for 13 minutes, but when I took them out of the oven, people were still presenting an activity and it was about 10-15 minutes before anyone actually ate them. By that time, residual heat had done its thing and the centers cooked. So, the moral of the story is to make sure you serve them immediately.I used really good Scharffen Berger chocolate for the demo and the cakes tasted really good. However, they were very, very rich, so another bit of advice is definitely to serve them with the "optional" ice cream to balance everything out.As for rounded bottoms, yes, that does happen. However, the recipe instructions say to invert the cakes onto your serving tray as soon as they come out of the oven, which seems to flatten them a bit. As for sticking, dust your serving tray with powdered sugar before turning out your cakes, and then dust the tops of the cakes.HTH!

Great idea onthe powder sugar dusting on the tray. We made the Molten Chocolate Lava cakes at our Cluster Meeting last night. We cooked them for 13 minutes and tried them right away. They were gooey inside, but no liquid came pouring out. We are going to try to cook them 2 minutes less next time and see how that works.

Has anyone had these come out with a liquid center yet?

ParishKitchen said:
Hi, everyone. I just wanted to mention that I did a recipe demo of the molten chocolate cakes at my cluster meeting last night. I baked them for 13 minutes, but when I took them out of the oven, people were still presenting an activity and it was about 10-15 minutes before anyone actually ate them. By that time, residual heat had done its thing and the centers cooked. So, the moral of the story is to make sure you serve them immediately.HTH!

Wow, that explains what happened with my lava cake (from a box) that I made Friday night, thanks for explaining. :D

Teresa Lynn said:
ok ya'll stop pickin' on me!!

I'm stressin over that baby shower, have a horrible headache and am a bad typist to begin with!!

I think I NEED A WIFE!!

Teresa

All right... no more messin' with Teresa tonight, ya'll (no, I'm not making fun of you with ya'll... I say it all the time!).

BTW... when is the infamous shower? Go eat chocolate, take some Midol and lay down... you'll feel much better!

<h2>1. Can the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan be used in the oven?</h2><p>Yes, the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan is oven-safe up to 450°F.</p><h2>2. Is this pan dishwasher safe?</h2><p>Yes, the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.</p><h2>3. How many cupcakes can this pan make at once?</h2><p>The Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan can make 12 cupcakes at once.</p><h2>4. Are there any non-dessert recipes that can be made in this pan?</h2><p>Yes, besides desserts, the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan can also be used for making mini quiches, frittatas, and even individual servings of mac and cheese.</p><h2>5. Can this pan be used in a microwave?</h2><p>No, the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan is not microwave safe. It is only intended for use in the oven.</p>

1. Can the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan be used in the oven?

Yes, the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan is oven-safe up to 450°F.

2. Is this pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. How many cupcakes can this pan make at once?

The Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan can make 12 cupcakes at once.

4. Are there any non-dessert recipes that can be made in this pan?

Yes, besides desserts, the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan can also be used for making mini quiches, frittatas, and even individual servings of mac and cheese.

5. Can this pan be used in a microwave?

No, the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan is not microwave safe. It is only intended for use in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • legacypc46