• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silicone CuPampered Chefake Pan? ??

In fact, the silicone itself is considered inert- meaning it won't react with food. It has been used in many industries for many years without any problems. Even if it did release something poisonous, it would have no affect on the pan or the food.People are just scared because they don't understand how ovens work. Silicone is just like any other type of plastic and will melt if placed in the oven. This is why it is always recommended to place silicone bakeware on a baking sheet- so that if it does melt, it doesn't drip all over the oven and your food.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Can someone help me with this? I keep getting asked if silicone in the oven is safe?? People want to know if there are health hazards connected with it? If there are dangerous gases released when it gets heated?? Do we have any information on this? Why wouldn't be safe and how would we be able to sell it if it is dangerous??? Does anyone have any info on using silicone bakeware? Am I the only consultant getting asked this question???:confused: Thanks. I really love my cupcake pan.

RossDeb2 said:
Can someone help me with this? I keep getting asked if silicone in the oven is safe?? People want to know if there are health hazards connected with it? If there are dangerous gases released when it gets heated?? Do we have any information on this? Why wouldn't be safe and how would we be able to sell it if it is dangerous??? Does anyone have any info on using silicone bakeware? Am I the only consultant getting asked this question???:confused: Thanks. I really love my cupcake pan.
I have never heard of any problems with silicone in the oven. You could probably do a google search about it.

Just remember to tell everyone it is NOT microwave safe because of the wire reinforcement in the rim!

Silicone is safeSilicone is safe to use in the oven. It is oven safe to 673F, melts at 900 or so F. Parchment paper is impregnated with silicone, so we have been using silicone for years :) Silicone is fairly inert, meaning it will not react with food. Silicone tubing is used in hospitals to provide IV liquids and such.

It is good stuff and perfectly safe.

Robin

Priscilla, thanks for the info. Some good facts to share when questioned next time. I appreciate your help.

Not to mention...That it has been used for years in the food service industry. There is an info mercial for some type of silicone bakeware that has been around for about 4 years. Never been an issue. They use it at Nausua in the space program and resturaunts, bakeries and the like have been using it since the early 90's I am told. So... Put it this way, it is about as hazardous to use as OUR stoneware. Except it won't break!

Is it just me? I keep laughing as I picture myself saying this at a show:"And now we have this great Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan. Isn't it beautiful. Of course, now, don't you put that in your oven. It's just to take up room in your cabinets and to show your friends so they can ooh and ahh."I've just never heard of bakeware that wasn't oven-safe.

I think people are just scared that they missunderstood you and don't want to ruin their oven by melting a (plastic as most refer to it) pan all over it.

I had a customer call me at 8am one day making sure that it really could go directly onto the oven rack!

I have wondered about this myself - it is sort of like plastic in the microwave. For years it was said it was "safe" and now some research has pointed at vapors being released that can cause cancer. These people may just be wondering if it really is "safe".

I work at a manufacturing facility where we make all kinds of rubber, silicone & plastic products (industrial use, not home use). Many of the items we manufacture are used in the food and drug industry. Any materials used in these applications have to be manufactured from FDA approved ingredients and have to meet certain FDA standards.

There should be no concern with the silicone cupcake pan releasing any gasses & making anyone sick.

1. What are the benefits of using a silicone cupcake pan?

There are several benefits to using a silicone cupcake pan, including its non-stick surface which allows for easy release of baked goods without the need for greasing. It is also flexible, making it easier to remove cupcakes without damaging them. Silicone is also heat-resistant and can withstand high temperatures, making it safe to use in the oven. Additionally, silicone is a durable material that can be reused multiple times, making it a cost-effective option.

2. Is the silicone cupcake pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, our silicone cupcake pan is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it with warm, soapy water for best results and to prolong its lifespan. Avoid using abrasive cleaning tools as they may damage the surface of the pan.

3. How many cupcakes can the silicone cupcake pan hold?

Our silicone cupcake pan can hold up to 12 standard-sized cupcakes. It is designed with individual cups to ensure each cupcake has enough space to rise and bake evenly.

4. Can the silicone cupcake pan be used in the microwave?

Yes, our silicone cupcake pan is microwave safe. It can withstand high temperatures and is suitable for both conventional and microwave ovens.

5. Does the silicone cupcake pan come with a warranty?

Yes, our silicone cupcake pan comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If the pan is found to be defective in material or workmanship, we will replace it free of charge. Please note that the warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or improper care.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RachelNguyen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • whiteyteresa
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • KrisGio