• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disaster with My New Silicone Flower Pan - What Went Wrong?!

In summary, the silicone flower pan did not work well and the user needed to spray it to make it non-stick.
lesliec
I just used the silicone flower pan for the first time and it turned out aweful!!!! They stuck really bad and all crumbled to pieces when I tried to get them out. Am I supposed to spray it first? I thought it was supposed to be non stick?!?!?!?
HELP!!!!

Silicone bakeware is never non-stick. Yes, spray it and spray it well! :) ( Did you read the use & care card? ;) )
Not sure which one you are referring to, but the cupcake size one doesn't require flour-sprays, but the other does recommend it. The Use & Care is your best source for that info for your particular product. If you didn't save it, you can find it on CC under the Products & Recipes-> Pampered Chef Products -> Product Information -> Use and Care.

Thanks Bobbi, and No, i don't know what i did with it.

I just added the location of the U&C info that's online so you can find it there. Good to know how to find those anyway- for other things in the future. :)

lesliec said:
Thanks Bobbi, and No, i don't know what i did with it.

All use & care instructions are also available on Consultants Corner, under Products and Recipes, for future reference.

Have fun cleaning that bakeware. :D LOL!

ChefBeckyD said:
All use & care instructions are also available on Consultants Corner, under Products and Recipes, for future reference.

Have fun cleaning that bakeware. :D LOL!

oooo..you're evil Becky! ;)

It cleaned up really well. I soaked water in it for about 5 min and then sprayed it out with the sprayer on the sink. Thanks, I feel like a complete idiot.

esavvymom said:
oooo..you're evil Becky! ;)
Bwahahahaha.....(I was just imagining cake stuck in all the little crevices of that pan. {{:eek:Shudder:eek:}} )

lesliec said:
It cleaned up really well. I soaked water in it for about 5 min and then sprayed it out with the sprayer on the sink. Thanks, I feel like a complete idiot.

You shouldn't - we've all been there. Live & Learn!

oh yes, you HAVE to spray that one.

1. What is the best way to prep my silicone flower pan before using it?

The best way to prep your silicone flower pan before using it is to wash it with warm, soapy water and dry it thoroughly. You can also lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or oil before use to ensure an easy release of your baked goods.

2. Why did my baked goods stick to the pan despite greasing it?

This could be due to not using enough grease or oil on the pan, or not properly spreading it evenly. It is also possible that the pan was not fully dry before use, which can cause the baked goods to stick.

3. Can I use metal utensils on my silicone flower pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on silicone pans as they can scratch or damage the surface. It is best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils instead.

4. How do I clean my silicone flower pan?

You can wash your silicone flower pan with warm, soapy water and dry it thoroughly. It is also safe to clean it in the dishwasher. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can damage the pan's surface.

5. What can I do if my silicone flower pan has a strong odor?

Sometimes, silicone pans can have a strong odor, especially when they are new. You can try washing the pan with warm, soapy water and letting it air dry. Alternatively, you can also place the pan in the oven at a low temperature (around 200°F) for a few minutes to help eliminate the odor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisasfuncooking
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • headinclouds25
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Intrepid_Chef