• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silicone Bakeware Floral CuPampered Chefake Pan??

for lemonade! :) I did use the large scoop and frosted them.The Consultant also suggested using a cake mold, but I didn't have one.Did you just follow lemon cake mix instructions? Did you frost? Large scoop?Forgive me if this suggestion has already been posted, but one of the Consultants in my downline suggested making ice molds with it. We decided... for lemonade! :) I did use the large scoop and frosted them.The Consultant also suggested using a cake mold, but I didn't have one.
I also tried these last night. Way yummy!!! I LOVE this pan! So easy to use & clean. I just used caramel ice cream topping that I heated in the microwave. I've also tried the powdered sugar cakes--recipe in the use & care. Those were great too! I did the powdered sugar glaze on those. I think it's a great recipe for a show--either a demo or a second. For a demo, you can show the cute swirl design on the parchment while they bake.

gilliandanielle said:
I really want a regular silicone muffin pan so they can be frosted on the tops instead of the bottoms. Maybe in the spring...

Silly question... but if you want regular muffins/cupcakes, why not use the stoneware pan? I figured the reason this was silicone was because the designs would be hard to clean with stoneware. :confused:

Why Silicone?
chefmelody said:
Silly question... but if you want regular muffins/cupcakes, why not use the stoneware pan? I figured the reason this was silicone was because the designs would be hard to clean with stoneware. :confused:

At NC, they explained that silicone was necessary to do these flower pans because stoneware would have to be too thin in order to have the detail that these flowers do.

My guess is that they will do more silicone because of the popularity of this one, but they will be specialty shapes as well.

Could be wrong...but we won't know that until it happens! (And if it does, please don't tell anyone...I have a reputation you know! :D ;) )

Peanut Butter CupsHi All,
I got a recipe for Peanut Butter Cups in the Silicone pan either on this site or WLPC and I wondered if anyone has made them. It says to use melting chocolate. Can I use baking chocolate? Will it melt o.k.? That is all I have and I am dying to make these.

I just made regular white cake mix cupcakes. Dusted them with a bit of cocoa and my hostess thought I was a baking goddess! She couldn't believe there were just white cake mix. Everyone raved about them and talk about simple. I got 22 out of a box of mix. I also drizzled some melted chocolate over some of them, those were good, too!

Love the pan. I also heard you can make peanut butter cups. Melt chocolate and pour into bottom of pan. Chill it for a bit to harden, then add a dollop of peanut butter, then pour more melted chocolate over top and cool til they set up. Invert, and viola... you are now a master candy maker! I just came off a teleclass and she suggested bagging three of these up with a pretty ribbon and use as booking gifts.

As far as clean up... the cake came right out and I just lightly wiped the cups the first batch, then used a cooking spray the second time. No difference both times. Pan just washed up in soapy water.

I did the caramel cakes yesterday at a show and sold 4 of the pans. My husband thinks it is a ridiculous pan but I told him you just have to show people they need this pan.

rebeccastt said:
Hi All,
It says to use melting chocolate. Can I use baking chocolate? Will it melt o.k.? That is all I have and I am dying to make these.

Baking chocolate doesn't have the same amount of fat as melting chocolate, so it wouldn't melt as easily. And be careful - a lot of baking chocolate is unsweetened, which would make LOUSY peanut butter cups. :p

If you have semi-sweet chocolate chips, you can use those. Just add a teaspoon or so of veg shortening for every cup of chips.

Thank you!!!!!!!

I seem to recall hearing that they did not work well with jello. I can't remember exactly why though, so keep us posted.
I used them for jello and worked wonderful (I did spray with Pam)

As far as the ice problem...I filled with liquid (juice, water, soda etc)..let it set up for a short time then I added fruit with a little more liquid and they floated up right perfectly. They looked so cool. Sold 3 of them that night.
Valky

I have used this thing like 6 times or more and love it! I just made a 2nd recipe for my host tonight last min. idea (because she is expecting 14 guests now) and I used the spice cake mix and just added caramel on top. My daughther loved it! I am using it again next week for my daugthers school fundraiser fall festival for a baked good auction. Haven't decided what to make yet!

yummy4tummy said:
I used them for jello and worked wonderful (I did spray with Pam)

As far as the ice problem...I filled with liquid (juice, water, soda etc)..let it set up for a short time then I added fruit with a little more liquid and they floated up right perfectly. They looked so cool. Sold 3 of them that night.
Valky

So you spray it with Pam & them put the hot jello in it? dont they mix together?:confused: :eek:

So you spray it with Pam & them put the hot jello in it? dont they mix together?

Just a light spray of Pam and by time I mix in cold water it is no longer hot. No bad taste either.

Valky

Definitely spray them with nonstick spray (no flour) and I don't know anyone who can fit it in their dishwasher. A baby bottle brush is great to get in the crevices and I made a chocolate cake mix (followed the box directions) and sprinkled with confectioners sugar. Ultra easy, moist and delicious!!

I just throw mine on the top rack horizontally. it takes up alot of room but whatever! Mine comes out soo clean everytime. i love dishwashers!

yummy4tummy said:
Valky

That is a great idea to use fruit to help balance them better. I love it.

yummy4tummy said:
Just a light spray of Pam and by time I mix in cold water it is no longer hot. No bad taste either.

Valky

OK...GREAT thanks, gonna try it!!:)

mine fits on the bottom rack of my dishwasher. I just adjust the middle rack up a little. I wash it in the middle rack (angled) if I am washing my large cutting board on the bottom.
Teresa

I'm going to make my heavenly potatoes in it tonight!!
Teresa

For added "Fall" flavor, try the recipe I do in the fluted stone - Quick Pumpkin Spice Cake. Simple - Spice Cake Mix, three eggs and one 15 oz. can of pack pumpkin. It's 14 minutes in the microwave with the stone, so you might have to experiment or use the muffin directions on the box for time and temp. These taste great and aren't too sweet. When completely cool (I make mine at home overnight and take it to glaze, but let the host cook one in the microwave during the show) you can glaze it with confectioners sugar and milk. If you don't let it cool - and THANKS for the tip on how to flatten the bottoms - the glaze just runs through to the bottom. When truly cooled, the glaze sits on top of the cake/muffin. These are soooo yummy....

Jiggler vs Jello
Shari'sKitchen said:
they're really easy to clean, you just pop it inside out. Diswasher safe.

Has anyone tried doing jello in it yet? Do you think you'd need to spray it then too????

I've tried it but it was a disaster! I think I if you use the Jiggler recipe, it will work better. I followed the instruction for the jello, it was too soft and it fell apart when trying to pop it out. You do not have to spray anything into the cup at all. It certainly will look better when it is firmer than jello style. Try it! You will loved the color of the jiggler! I tried the lime flavor and it looks so pretty!

is there a reason we can't use pam with flour? i wanted to make the sticky caramel but don't wanna run to the commisary~tiffany p

tiffanypatton79 said:
is there a reason we can't use pam with flour? i wanted to make the sticky caramel but don't wanna run to the commisary~tiffany p

I use it all the time & have had no problems.

its_me_susan said:
Has anyone used it yet??? I may have just gotten myself into using it as a B recipe for my Friday party... will tempt them to get us all together again soon! Ughhhh I'm nervous about using it. :)

Here's something I discovered in my kid's cooking class! When I added a hershey kiss to the batter it sank to the bottom during baking and landed in the centers, right where it should be in the flower. Looked really fancy! And yum!

I've read all the posts. Thanks, everyone, for all your input and ideas. I made Cranberry-Orange Relish molds for Thanksgiving. It was from the Kraft Food site. By using half the water normally used, it sets up nice and firm, and will come out in a solid shape. I served all 12 on our 15" sq. SA platter, nesting each on a leaf of Boston lettuce for really festive appearance. RECIPE: One 12 oz.bag of fresh cranberries - chopped really fine in food processor; One 11 oz. can mandarin oranges (drain and save juice to be part of the liquid you bring to a boil for the Jello)-also chopped in the food processor. Add: 1/2 cup white sugar, and set aside. One 8 serving (large) package of either Cranberry Jello or Raspberry Jello. You can use either the regular or sugar free; and 1/2 tsp. of our Cinnamon Plus. Mix Jello and Cinnamon Plus together. Microwave 1 1/2 cup Water/mandarin juice combo, in Classic Batter bowl. Pour Jello mixture into the boiling water, and stir to dissolve. Cool with one cup cold water or 1 tray of ice cubes for fast set up..Stir cranberries/orange mixture into Jello mixture. Spray our Silicone Cupcake pan with PAM or oil from our Kitchen Spritzer. Scoop the Relish mix with our large scoop, into each mold. Wipe any spills, and set in your refrigerator for at least two to three hours. Be certain they have set up before unmolding onto our 15" square Simple Additions.

You can unmold by pressing the bottoms from the center of each mold. You may hear a suction sound that indicates that it has released. If you have any difficulty unmolding some you can press the sides of that individual mold.

I've made these at least four times and when I have cut back on the liquid, it
has made them firmer and easier to pop out of the mold.

Love the cranberry mold idea! Could you see any detail?

I'm soooo excited to share this!!!! I brought these to my daughter's 3rd grade Pancake Breakfast party last week. I used the pan (I have TWO now! ~ love to use these for my kids cooking classes) to make chocolate chip pancakes!!! I sprinkled in mini-chocolate chips in after pouring in the Bisquick (make the cake like ones with vanilla) pancake mix... the chips float to the bottom just like the hershey kisses! And, because of the curved shape they end up in the right places ~ they looked sooooo fancy! I sprinkled powdered sugar over them. One little boy said to me "Mrs. Gentile, these are so good I'm eating mine really slowly"! Is that not the BEST compliment?!!! All the parents were oohing and ahing too.

Grandmarita said:
I've read all the posts. Thanks, everyone, for all your input and ideas. I made Cranberry-Orange Relish molds for Thanksgiving. It was from the Kraft Food site. By using half the water normally used, it sets up nice and firm, and will come out in a solid shape. I served all 12 on our 15" sq. SA platter, nesting each on a leaf of Boston lettuce for really festive appearance. RECIPE: One 12 oz.bag of fresh cranberries - chopped really fine in food processor; One 11 oz. can mandarin oranges (drain and save juice to be part of the liquid you bring to a boil for the Jello)-also chopped in the food processor. Add: 1/2 cup white sugar, and set aside. One 8 serving (large) package of either Cranberry Jello or Raspberry Jello. You can use either the regular or sugar free; and 1/2 tsp. of our Cinnamon Plus. Mix Jello and Cinnamon Plus together. Microwave 1 1/2 cup Water/mandarin juice combo, in Classic Batter bowl. Pour Jello mixture into the boiling water, and stir to dissolve. Cool with one cup cold water or 1 tray of ice cubes for fast set up..Stir cranberries/orange mixture into Jello mixture. Spray our Silicone Cupcake pan with PAM or oil from our Kitchen Spritzer. Scoop the Relish mix with our large scoop, into each mold. Wipe any spills, and set in your refrigerator for at least two to three hours. Be certain they have set up before unmolding onto our 15" square Simple Additions.

You can unmold by pressing the bottoms from the center of each mold. You may hear a suction sound that indicates that it has released. If you have any difficulty unmolding some you can press the sides of that individual mold.

Is this recipe the original or is it with the smaller amount of liquid as you made it?

Breakfast in 20I am going to start telling guests they can have breakfast ready in 20 minutes or so by baking their bacon on the Bar Pan and putting pancake mix in 1/2 of the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan and eggs in the other 1/2. If they have a lot of people to feed they may need 2 Silicone pans, 1 for eggs and 1 for pancakes. I did this just this morning and the pancakes and eggs were done in 20 minutes at 350 degrees. I did not have bacon today but that is about how long I usually cook it for. I will tell people that the times are not exact and that they will just have to moniter them until they find what works for them.

Laura

Grandmarita said:

Were they more tart this way?

tinpasture said:
I am going to start telling guests they can have breakfast ready in 20 minutes or so by baking their bacon on the Bar Pan and putting pancake mix in 1/2 of the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan and eggs in the other 1/2. If they have a lot of people to feed they may need 2 Silicone pans, 1 for eggs and 1 for pancakes. I did this just this morning and the pancakes and eggs were done in 20 minutes at 350 degrees. I did not have bacon today but that is about how long I usually cook it for. I will tell people that the times are not exact and that they will just have to moniter them until they find what works for them.

Laura

Have you really made eggs in there? Do tell how!!!

I followed a different recipe on my bisquick box and they came out tasting like WAFFLES! I served fresh strawberries & sliced kiwi in a medium SA bow, and filled the EA with whipped cream (which had to be filled twice!). My kids were so excited and it truly created a special "event" feel to the occassion. My kids (aged 6 & 8) were thrilled! I had my husband take pictures, so I'll share them if he has one without the kids. :)

I made eggs in the pan this morning, and they turned out AWESOME! I cracked one egg into a prep bowl then plopped it in the well of the cupcake pan. So, one at a time I did it. I tried the pancakes, and they turned out good too. I had seen on here that someone added chocolate chips to theirs and the chips sunk to the bottom so they were in the right spot on the flower. That totally didn't happen for me. They just stayed on the tops of the pancakes, which for this pan is the bottom of the design, not where they should be. Did you use a special batter? Very good though.

This is going to be my Mother's Day brunch recipe this year!

LOVE IT!

Oh, and definitely share about the eggs at your shows. I told people about this today and made the brownies beforehand. I dipped the tops in the microwaved frosting at the show and sprinkled with powdered sugar. I sold two or three of them to people who had NO intention of buying it before. They told me they bought it specifically to make eggs. So, thank you!
Jane :)

Reese's flower cupsI am anxious to try a new recipe in my silicone floral cupcake pan for Reese's flower cups. I will let you know how it goes.
I just get chocolate (candy melts in several colors) and melt it then add it to the mold. Let that harden. Then add a peanut butter, powerdered sugar, and I think milk filling. Then after that hardens in the fridge, top with another layer of the chocolate. It sounds yummy and I am sure the chocolate will really hold that mold shape.

Debbie :D

Debbie -- You will LOVE them. They turn out fabulous. :)

Oh I love the egg idea!!! My mom used to put bacon in a muffin pan and then crack an egg on top, when they were done the bacon was like a "cup" for the egg. Now I'm going to have to try it both ways:D

I'm thinking about making ice cubes by filling half with water and dropping in a piece of fruit (not sure what type of punch i'm going to be making yet...) freezing that and then filling the cup with a fruit juice. I thought this would make a pretty ice cube. I'm going to serve the punch in my trifle bowl... now if we only had a pretty ladle...

Maybe that will be one of the new fall items, Alison.

Just think Rae... only 78 days until we find out!!! Yay wave 2!

I'm so excited I'm driving my DH crazy! He asked me the other day how long until "this thing" is over. I reminded him that I'm pumped for weeks after I get back. He just groaned. It's a good thing he loves me so much!

lol... I was living at home last year at conference time and my dad and his gf were SICK of me rambling about PC so much... this year I'm on my own and very thankful that a fellow consultant lives about 7 minutes away from me as I think I would go nuts having nobody to tell everything too!!!

janezapchef said:
I made eggs in the pan this morning, and they turned out AWESOME! I cracked one egg into a prep bowl then plopped it in the well of the cupcake pan. So, one at a time I did it.

QUOTE]

Did you scramble them first????

About the pancakes... I don't know why my chips sank that day. They haven't sunk since! lol. I'm going to try just sprinkling them in mid-way then fill the rest. The hershey do sink to the bottom (unless it's me pushing them in there).

GourmetGirl said:
I'm thinking about making ice cubes by filling half with water and dropping in a piece of fruit (not sure what type of punch i'm going to be making yet...) freezing that and then filling the cup with a fruit juice. I thought this would make a pretty ice cube. I'm going to serve the punch in my trifle bowl... now if we only had a pretty ladle...

Use punch and it won't "waterdown" your punch. I've heard these are bottom heavy though and flip so the bottoms are on top. Good luck though.

its_me_susan said:
janezapchef said:
I made eggs in the pan this morning, and they turned out AWESOME! I cracked one egg into a prep bowl then plopped it in the well of the cupcake pan. So, one at a time I did it.

QUOTE]

Did you scramble them first????

About the pancakes... I don't know why my chips sank that day. They haven't sunk since! lol. I'm going to try just sprinkling them in mid-way then fill the rest. The hershey do sink to the bottom (unless it's me pushing them in there).

I did beat them in the prep bowls before I poured them in. I also tried just cracking one directly in the pan and not scrambling it. It cooked but didn't really hold the shape. Still good though.

Do you think it would work with the pancakes if you put the chips in first then poured the batter over them? Just a thought.

Thanks,

GourmetGirl said:
lol... I was living at home last year at conference time and my dad and his gf were SICK of me rambling about PC so much... this year I'm on my own and very thankful that a fellow consultant lives about 7 minutes away from me as I think I would go nuts having nobody to tell everything too!!!

My DH is sooooo thankful that I have all of you to talk to about this stuff. It's taken a lot of the burden off him. He's very patient, but I can tell when he's reached PC overload.

Of course, now he hears CS stories. They're a little more entertaining for him, though.

Another Great Use For The Silicone Floral Pan Is Jello! You Can Spray The Pan With Pam Or Just Put Jello In It. When You Want To Remove Them, Fill Sink Bottom With Warm Water About 1/2". Set Floral Silicone Pan In Water For 15 To 30 Seconds, Then Tip Pan Slightly And Press Center Of Flowers With Fingers To Pop Out. Pop Out Into Your Hand And Then Place On A Simple Additions Plate. You Can Add Fruit ****tail Or Cottage Cheese Or Just Make Them Plain. Mandarin Oranges Look Pretty In Them Also.

great tip Suzie, Thanks

BethCooks4U said:
Here's another recipe for the SIlicone Cupcake Pan:

Mayo Muffins

1 1/2 cup self rising flour
1 cup milk
2 heaping tablespoons mayo (not reduced fat)

Mix together in small batter bowl. Scoop with medium sccop into cupcake wells that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

For variety, add cinnamon & sugar or Italian Seasoning or Dill or Resemary Herb... to batter.

(got this recipe from my upline)

I'm trying these tonight for dessert since I just got my pan. Can you tell me how much cinnamon and sugar to add? THanks!! I can't wait to try these! :) I'm going to do these with my daycare for Mother's Day. so I'm practicing on my family!!!

Has anyone used this to make beer bread or other quick breads?

I made the peanut butter cups someone posted in the files. We made these for Teacher Appreciation Week as well as for Mother's Day. My daycare kids helped me make these for their moms. I tested them yesterday and they taste AMAZING! The only thing I tweaked was I had to make it thinner on top (the part touching for detail) otherwise they were too thick. But the PB filling is YUMMY! These molds work SO well with chocolate - much better than the flimsy plastic ones at the craft store. Thanks to whoever posted! :)

janezapchef said:
Has anyone used this to make beer bread or other quick breads?

I tried it today, and the beer bread turned out great! I only baked it 35 minutes though. Very good though!

My silicone cupcake pan suddenly is all sticky. I don't think I've done anything different with it, but when I went to get it out to display at a fair, it was all gross and sticky. I have tried to wash it three times since with no luck. Anyone have any tips?
TIA,

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views