• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silicone Bakeware Floral CuPampered Chefake Pan??

for lemonade! :) I did use the large scoop and frosted them.The Consultant also suggested using a cake mold, but I didn't have one.Did you just follow lemon cake mix instructions? Did you frost? Large scoop?Forgive me if this suggestion has already been posted, but one of the Consultants in my downline suggested making ice molds with it. We decided... for lemonade! :) I did use the large scoop and frosted them.The Consultant also suggested using a cake mold, but I didn't have one.
its_me_susan
Has anyone used it yet??? I may have just gotten myself into using it as a B recipe for my Friday party... will tempt them to get us all together again soon! Ughhhh I'm nervous about using it. :)

Be sure you use non stick spray - not the PC spritzer. In the "Inside Scoop" class at conference they told us that.

lkspeir said:
Be sure you use non stick spray - not the PC spritzer. In the "Inside Scoop" class at conference they told us that.

That's right - but can you over spray that? With or without the flour? I need to search for my use and care card.... I packed them so I could read them out.

I just remember them suggesting non-stick spray (i.e. Pam). I would say lightly spray each cup. They did say to be sure you wipe off the surface from over spray. This will prevent it from getting sticky. I know it's the new thing, but the stoneware is alot less trouble - or at least that's my opinion.

I believe it says there's no need for the spray with flour, but I can't find my Use and Care Card in this mess of a kitchen right now and they're not on CC yet. I used it with the Caramel Sticky Bun recipe and it was awesome!! It also says it's dishwasher safe, but I can't get mine to fit in there. I'd like to try it just with a regular cake/cupcake mix and see how it turns out.

Is that what you're planning to do with your "B" recipe? Do you just follow cupcake bake times on the box? I have to find that Use and Care card!!!

So far I LOVE this new product!

pamperedbecky said:
I believe it says there's no need for the spray with flour, but I can't find my Use and Care Card in this mess of a kitchen right now and they're not on CC yet. I used it with the Caramel Sticky Bun recipe and it was awesome!! It also says it's dishwasher safe, but I can't get mine to fit in there. I'd like to try it just with a regular cake/cupcake mix and see how it turns out.

Is that what you're planning to do with your "B" recipe? Do you just follow cupcake bake times on the box? I have to find that Use and Care card!!!

So far I LOVE this new product!

I don't have a plan! lol. NOT even sure host will want them.... wree the caramel sticky Bun recipe easy? Could it be made in advance? Can you tell I'm nervous.

It was pretty easy, but it's all from scratch. You mix the dry ingredients, then melt butter and mix that with some stuff, then mix the two together. I suppose you can make the batter and have it all ready to go then scoop it into the muffin thing and bake. I didn't make the caramel sauce however because I already had some in the fridge from Tastefully Simple. You definitely could make these ahead of time though.

It's got more steps than just using a box mix, which is why I want to try that. Those Caramel things are great though and definitely would be better than a box mix.:D

Hi,I made them and used the large scoop to fill thme with.ut 3 on our new simple additions plate.Garnished it with a strawberry fan and some choc. sauce.Everyone loved the way it looked.I got two bookings and one is signing up! Good luck

JackieMac said:
Hi,I made them and used the large scoop to fill thme with.ut 3 on our new simple additions plate.Garnished it with a strawberry fan and some choc. sauce.Everyone loved the way it looked.I got two bookings and one is signing up! Good luck

Jackie, Did you use cake mix or the caramel things?

I have used my pan a couple of times so far and I have to say I really like it. I did lemon cake (for some reason I have a lot of that :) ) They look really nice plated with a slice of lemon and a couple of blue berries.

ShanaSmith said:
I have used my pan a couple of times so far and I have to say I really like it. I did lemon cake (for some reason I have a lot of that :) ) They look really nice plated with a slice of lemon and a couple of blue berries.

Did you just follow lemon cake mix instructions? Did you frost? Large scoop?

Forgive me if this suggestion has already been posted, but one of the Consultants in my downline suggested making ice molds with it. We decided they would look very pretty with a flower added to the water so it gets molded into the ice.

Thanks!
Lisa

I melted chocolate and poured it in the molds. After chilling, they popped right out (no oiling of the mold needed). Also great for ice cream or butter molds or ice. I would completely fill the mold for ice cream or ice (use lemonade or other flavors too!) and 1/4 to 1/3 full for chocolate or butter (too thick a piece if you filled it more).

After releasing from the molds just put them in a zip lock bag and freeze or refrigerate (depending on the food type used).

I plan to make the chocolate molds as a hostess gift this fall and bring them to the shows. I also plan to do the butter molds for my Thanksgiving dinner and any other entertaining I do this fall.

Don't use Pam with flour or any flour in them. Just use regular Pam only.

Are these pans difficult to clean? I've got a small apartment dishwasher, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit. I may just be making the mini sticky cakes in the stoneware muffin pan...

The pan cleans out really simple, I didn't even think about putting it into the dishwasher.

BethCooks4U said:
I melted chocolate and poured it in the molds. After chilling, they popped right out (no oiling of the mold needed). Also great for ice cream or butter molds or ice. I would completely fill the mold for ice cream or ice (use lemonade or other flavors too!) and 1/4 to 1/3 full for chocolate or butter (too thick a piece if you filled it more).

After releasing from the molds just put them in a zip lock bag and freeze or refrigerate (depending on the food type used).

I plan to make the chocolate molds as a hostess gift this fall and bring them to the shows. I also plan to do the butter molds for my Thanksgiving dinner and any other entertaining I do this fall.

Beth did you completely fill with chocolate? What kind of chocolate did you use? Bet we can fill with fudge too!

ShanaSmith said:

Shana... If I were transporting the cupcakes to a party... does the frosting harden?

Beth, did you freeze or refrig the chocolate, and if so, how long? I've borrowed my directors for my open house and I like this idea better than cupcakes. How did you melt the chocolate?

BethCooks4U said:
Also great for ice cream or ....ice. I would completely fill the mold for ice cream or ice (use lemonade or other flavors too!) .......After releasing from the molds just put them in a zip lock bag and freeze or refrigerate (depending on the food type used).

This is a GREAT idea for a pretty punch bowl! Pop a few mint leaves in them too.

It should be easy to clean as it is made out of the same material as our srapers. The "cup" parts of it can be pushed out to clean the little creases, so I imagine it isn't difficult, but I haven't used mine yet.

Love the pecan carmel recipe that we have with it. Yummy, but I over cooked mine. And I didn't fiddle with all the extra carmel sauces, just melted the caramels in the package with a little milk in the micro cooker. Great presentation! Cleaned up in a snap.

gilliandanielle said:
It should be easy to clean as it is made out of the same material as our srapers. The "cup" parts of it can be pushed out to clean the little creases, so I imagine it isn't difficult, but I haven't used mine yet.
Yeah, the first time I cleaned it I didn't pop out the little cups so it was left with little crumb-y things. So, cleaning it the 2nd time, I popped those out and it worked great!!:D

Everyone mentions using these for ice in a punch bowl... but has anyone tried it? With the shape these are, won't they float wrong-side up, not showing the pretty florals?

its_me_susan said:
That's right - but can you over spray that? With or without the flour? I need to search for my use and care card.... I packed them so I could read them out.

Hope I'm not to late, they said at Conference, only Pam. Not Pam with flour.
Schel

When I made the lemon cakes I did follow the directions on the box, they are actually really good. I just pour the glaze over the individual cakes. Yes the glaze hardens so you can just wrap them with plastic wrap. Oh, and I used bakers joy (because that's all I had) and it worked just fine. I found it to be pretty easy to clean, since you can turn each well inside out and clean the grooves.

chefmelody said:
Everyone mentions using these for ice in a punch bowl... but has anyone tried it? With the shape these are, won't they float wrong-side up, not showing the pretty florals?

Oh.....I didn't think about that! It will be a few weeks before I get mine, I'll give it a try then. If someone tries this out let us know.

they're really easy to clean, you just pop it inside out. Diswasher safe.

Has anyone tried doing jello in it yet? Do you think you'd need to spray it then too????

its_me_susan said:
Beth did you completely fill with chocolate? What kind of chocolate did you use? Bet we can fill with fudge too!

Not all the way, too thick if you fill it. You dont want them to break their teeth when they bite it.

I seem to recall hearing that they did not work well with jello. I can't remember exactly why though, so keep us posted.

How'd it go susan?

I used it last night w/cake mix for cupcakes. Here's a tip, I think the medium scoop works just fine. That was all I had and I read how everyone was using large. SO...I used about a scoop & half per and filled them up. Needless to say the tops puffed like normal cupcakes and I had these weird looking creations!

Fortunately, the tops separated easily, so now I can tell ppl at my open house today how to make those coveted muffin tops from Seinfeld! :D

The second batch I just did a medium scoop and they worked much better. They also seemed to form better and have less air bubbles, I wonder if b/c the pan was pre-heated? I may make some again and pre-heat the pan to see if it makes a difference.

I used the new mini measuring cup and almost filled it all the way. It worked great and I've used it 3 times already! Oh, I used our spritzer because I'm just now getting to read this thread!:D

I used a cake mix. I've tried vanilla and chocolate and they both worked out great.

It pops right out! No mess left inside.

I just used mine last night. I'm a big fan of Baker's Joy spray. It has flour in it. Overspray wasn't a problem. The muffins I made popped right out. They clean like a dream, since you can turn each flower inside out to get in all the nooks and crannies.

I would suggest tapping the pan lightly on the table or counter before baking. This will make sure there are no air pockets to spoil the lovely look of the cupcakes/muffins.

By the way, love the idea of the ice molds!

lisacb77 said:
Beth, did you freeze or refrig the chocolate, and if so, how long? I've borrowed my directors for my open house and I like this idea better than cupcakes. How did you melt the chocolate?
I melted the chocolate in the microwave, stirred it to finish melting and smooth texture. Filled the cupcakes 1/4 to 1/3 full. Less is better here. Too thick a piece and they won't be able to eat them. :p I then put them in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes to set and then popped them out.

Be careful when cleaning this pan. I read that if you are testing the cupcakes with a tooth pick that you could puncture the silicone. I would think that if you are cleaning them too aggressively that might happen too. They cleaned up very easily with the chocolate. I have not tried the ice or other things with mine yet.

lisacb77 said:
I used it last night w/cake mix for cupcakes. Here's a tip, I think the medium scoop works just fine. That was all I had and I read how everyone was using large. SO...I used about a scoop & half per and filled them up. Needless to say the tops puffed like normal cupcakes and I had these weird looking creations!

Fortunately, the tops separated easily, so now I can tell ppl at my open house today how to make those coveted muffin tops from Seinfeld! :D

The second batch I just did a medium scoop and they worked much better. They also seemed to form better and have less air bubbles, I wonder if b/c the pan was pre-heated? I may make some again and pre-heat the pan to see if it makes a difference.

At regional conference they said 2 medium scoops. My cupcakes looked adorable! But rounded too. I am going to try lemon cake soon. :) EVERYONE at show wanted one! - I just showed the product as sneak peek at the end. :)

BethCooks4U said:
I melted chocolate and poured it in the molds.

Beth,
When you did the chocolate molds what kind of chocolate did you use? I was thinking of making them for a pampered spouse day here on base. Just not sure oh what type of chocolate to use.

I'm gonna have to go back through this thread and write down what ever said to use the silicone cupcake pan for then make a flyer with it to have with me to show everyone what all you can use it for.

kat29 said:
Beth,
When you did the chocolate molds what kind of chocolate did you use? I was thinking of making them for a pampered spouse day here on base. Just not sure oh what type of chocolate to use.

I'm gonna have to go back through this thread and write down what ever said to use the silicone cupcake pan for then make a flyer with it to have with me to show everyone what all you can use it for.

They have Wiltons chocolate melts to make candy. It melts well in the microwave. I use it to make chocolate heart molds using our Stoneware heart mold. Just an idea Kat!

kat29 said:
Beth,

I used a block of garidelle (I don't know how to spell that but you know what I mean) chocolate that time because I had it in the house. You can use any chocolate you like even chocolate chips. I have used all kinds of chocolates in a variety of molds. I like the chocolate disks the best but they all work fine.

Here's another recipe for the SIlicone Cupcake Pan:

Mayo Muffins

1 1/2 cup self rising flour
1 cup milk
2 heaping tablespoons mayo (not reduced fat)

Mix together in small batter bowl. Scoop with medium sccop into cupcake wells that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

For variety, add cinnamon & sugar or Italian Seasoning or Dill or Resemary Herb... to batter.

(got this recipe from my upline)

Last edited:
raebates said:
I just used mine last night. I'm a big fan of Baker's Joy spray. It has flour in it. Overspray wasn't a problem. The muffins I made popped right out. They clean like a dream, since you can turn each flower inside out to get in all the nooks and crannies.

Be careful with any spray with flour in it!!! The flour will keep the details from forming completely...some of the time.

BethCooks4U said:
Here's another recipe for the SIlicone Cupcake Pan:

Mayo Muffins

1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup milk
2 heaping tablespoons mayo (not reduced fat)

Mix together in small batter bowl. Scoop with medium sccop into cupcake wells that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

For variety, add cinnamon & sugar or Italian Seasoning or Dill or Resemary Herb... to batter.

(got this recipe from my upline)

Beth are these a bread? Or a dessert muffin?

its_me_susan said:
Beth are these a bread? Or a dessert muffin?
Which ever you choose, depending on the flavoring you use in them. I tried them yesterday with all-purpose flour and they did not turn out so be sure to use the self-rising type!

Also, I sprayed the cups with our spritzer and then used a paper towel to dab any pooled oil. The popped right out when I inverted the pan!

BethCooks4U said:
Which ever you choose, depending on the flavoring you use in them. I tried them yesterday with all-purpose flour and they did not turn out so be sure to use the self-rising type!
Bethcooks4U said:
Self-rising flour already has baking powder & baking soda mixed into it - if you are going to use all-purpose flour, just add 1/2 teas. of soda, and 1/4 teas. of b.powder per cup of flour. (I think those are the right measurements:rolleyes: )

I thought about trying banana nut bread in these. What does everyone think?
I always chop the nuts fine.

I've made the chocolate molds in it (Thank Beth for the help). They turned out awesome and everyone was amazed by them. Also I made the recipe that came with the silicone cupcake pan, the powdered sugar pound cakes. Oh my goodness they are awesome. I used a cream cheese glaze on them and they turned out great. everyone loved them at the open house.

I made blueberry muffins in my silicone pan the other morning- much easier to pop out and clean than the stoneware muffin pan (although the flowers don't look as pretty as blueberry muffin). Really liked it.

Made the ice molds for my open house yesterday. They were very easy and pretty- but they do like to float upside down because the top is fatter than the flower part. Still were pretty that way, though. I think if you filled them less full they might float pretty side up?

I used a cake mix.They looked very cute but each time they looked bubbly!I don't know if it's from the spray. I used regular Pam not anything with flour and they popped right out.Easy to clean too.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • tabnat80