• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silent Auctions: Donating Advice Needed

In summary, if you are asked to participate in a silent auction, donate a square bamboo bowl with a Seasons Best Recipe book inside. Add tissue paper and Saran Wrap, tie a big bow, and donate to an Elementary School Fund Raiser.
MissChef
Gold Member
Not sure where to post this so I decided to put it here..... I have been asked by 2 of my hosts recently to participate in their silent auctions. Has anyone done this before and if so, what did you donate? Did you just donate one item or did you do a basket? Any advice would be helpful!:thumbup::)

I just donated a square bamboo bowl with a Seasons Best Recipe book inside. I shreaded some tissue paper (or you can buy already shreaded) and used it for stuffing, then wrapped in in Saran Wrap (because I couldn't find the clear bags out here that were big enough) and tied a big bow on the top. I donated it to an Elementary School Fund Raiser. Retail Value $20.00

Depending on the event, I do a ncie basket, usually a $30-50.00 value. I wrap the basket in clear cellophane with a nice bow. I usually do some kind of theme.

I have done a help whip cancer basket wih pink items
a kids basket with the kids apron/hat, cutters, measuring cups, cookbook
a small bar pan, mini spatula and a cookbook
the coffee cups with one of the sprinkles and the scoop clip
those are just some examples:)
Good luck

I ALWAYS add a personal gift certificate or coupon from me. This helps to get me a new contact. Sometimes it works, sometimes they have a consultant. Sometimes, they never contact me. But then I'm out less money then too. I definitely use outlet items since those are sometimes more exciting to someone familiar with PC and it adds more value without so much cost.

Jules711 said:
I ALWAYS add a personal gift certificate or coupon from me. This helps to get me a new contact. Sometimes it works, sometimes they have a consultant. Sometimes, they never contact me. But then I'm out less money then too. I definitely use outlet items since those are sometimes more exciting to someone familiar with PC and it adds more value without so much cost.

Do you have a flyer or coupon that you could attach here to view? That sounds like a great idea..I've been out alot of money over the years by donating...I realize it's a donation, but I have NEVER gotten any contacts from them.

I use VistaPrint business card.As my gift to you, please choose one...
10% off your next order
20% off any one item ordered
$15 free product at your home or catalog showThank you in varying sizes/colorsMy info.That's my coupon.I put an expiration date on both.The gift certificate is one I found on here. I put a mini or full catalog depending on what seems to work. I just gave one that someone won this week and she already contacted me. I've had no contact several times too. MUCH more likely if you give $20 or more I think. $10 may or may not make it worth it to them, but I've had people use them too.

1. How do I decide what to donate to a silent auction?

When choosing an item to donate to a silent auction, consider what products or services your company offers that would be desirable to potential bidders. You can also ask the event organizers if there is a specific theme or target audience for the auction, and tailor your donation accordingly. Additionally, think about the value and uniqueness of the item, as well as its potential to generate interest and bids.

2. Is there a minimum or maximum amount I should donate for a silent auction?

There is no set rule for the amount you should donate to a silent auction. However, it is important to consider the audience and the cause of the event. If the event is for a small, local charity, a smaller donation may be appropriate. On the other hand, if it is a large event with a high-profile cause, a more significant donation may be expected. Ultimately, the most important factor is that you are comfortable with the amount you are donating.

3. What are some popular items to donate to a silent auction?

Some popular items for silent auctions include gift baskets, experiences (such as cooking classes or spa days), gift cards, and unique or limited edition products. You can also consider pairing your product with complementary items from other companies to create a more enticing package for bidders.

4. Can I promote my business when donating to a silent auction?

While it is acceptable to include your company name and logo on the donated item, it is important not to be overly promotional. Remember that the focus of the event is on the charity and raising funds, not on promoting your business. You can also consider including a small card or flyer with information about your company and its products or services in the donated item.

5. How should I package and present my donation for the silent auction?

It is important to make your donation visually appealing and attention-grabbing to potential bidders. Consider packaging your item in a decorative basket or box and including a description or photo of the item. You can also add ribbons or other decorations to make it stand out. Additionally, make sure to include any necessary instructions or information for using or redeeming the item.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies