• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silent Auction Donation Ideas for a Successful Fundraiser

lol)I think a GC is something people would like more. Especially if it says "Only at Our Cooking Show!" on it.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I've been asked to make a donation to a silent auction fundraiser. There's going to be over 400 guests at the party so it will be a great advertising opportunity!

I'm just looking for recommendations as to what I should donate. I don't have a lot of money so I can't order lots of stuff, but I'd like the prize to look significant.

Do you think it would be OK to include a couple of products and a Free cooking show???

Any ideas are really appreciated.

Yes,girls I would like feedback also. I am trying to decide the same thing for school silent auction.

What about your own gift certificate, redeemable only through you for $15 plus a few items? It is all a write off, and chances are, half of the people won't even use the GC...or, if they really love PC....maybe they will become a great customer!Everything is in the presentation, make sure you wrap it up all pretty...

I did this last year for a friend's private school and I made my own gift certificate. I gave the GC with a business card and a catalog. I did have an expiration date on it and the person never called me to redeem it. Then about 6 months later I got an email from her asking would I still honor it as she had put it in a safe place and just found it....of course I will! It was a $30 GC and she spent about $65 so it was well worth it for me! Plus, the $30 is a write-off for charitable giving.

Thanks alot, you gals are great. I would of never thought of this. Good idea on the GC. Thanks Linda & Jennifer

I am donating either the Pizza Party Set or the Deep Covered Baker to my youngest daughter's school silent auction. As well...her class is making a basket (all the classes are) and the class mom decided since I was the first to volunteer that it will be a family cooking basket. Perhaps we should make it easy on all the parents and hand them a catalog and make it the Pampered Chef family basket!! LOL!!!

Anything in a basket looks nice. It's a great way to take some insubstantial items and make them look more impressive. Definately use the gift certificate that is only redeemable through you. That way you hopefully get a new customer from it as well!

Would y'all do a GC rather than a free cooking show? Or both? Do you think a GC is something people would like more?What about if I did a striped medium bowl and a couple of door prize type things plus the GC? Would that be too much?

I think that would be good. Def do the GC....some people may get a "'free cooking show" from their consultant as the host gift...so this way, you can hopefully get them to spend more then the GC...and then you can try and book a show off of them. Since it is an auction, they know what they are bidding on...so I would assume that they like PC!

True...OK I think I'll do that.I have a show to submit this weekend in which the person holding the auction is a guest, so I'll probably just add the products onto the host order...I can do that, right? I'm having the show shipped right to me, so I'll be able to get out the donation and wrap it up pretty.Oh, and they said they would give me lots of recognition, but I wanted to put in some business cards. Would just 1 be OK or should I give the person running the fund raiser some as well so she can hand them out?eta: to change "gift cards" to "business cards"

Last edited:
That would be really nice, or....what about a season's best (with your biz info in the cover of course) and a small door prize...like bamboo tongs, etc. for her to hand out? I wouldn't go crazy if money is an issue for you. Then again, if not...$10 GC's to hand out would be great...hopefulyl more orders for you!

Ok, I'm dumb. I meant to say Business Cards.Can you tell I work for a Retail Organization?? :p

You might as well give some extras and hope they get passed around!!

Winnipegk said:
Would y'all do a GC rather than a free cooking show? Or both? Do you think a GC is something people would like more?

What about if I did a striped medium bowl and a couple of door prize type things plus the GC? Would that be too much?

Or the GC could read something like 25.00 in free products only at thier own cooking show. ( could use better words usage:eek: )

I always give products I already have here---give them quite a few business cards or mini catalogs to set with your stuff--and I then give a significant (like $25 g.c.) to make it look like more taped to the front of a catalog or the front of the basket

only 2 people have ever redeemed the g.c.---and I donate a lot

don't get your hopes too high tho---about getting lots of orders or shows--I don't think I've ever gotten any--(BUT I HOPE YOU DO!!!)

I do it to get my name out there but....:D

I am kinda in the same boat. Our elementary school has a BINGO night every year-it is a HUGE money maker for the PTA and they have asked for donations from local people. They end up having about 300 people there. Since I am just starting out and trying to get my name out there in eery way possible, what's the best donation? They announce the prizes as they are won with the person/organization that donates.

I only contributed to a silent auction once, but I took a whisk, spatula, & bamboo spoons, wrapped them in a microfiber towel and put the whole thing in a batter bowl. I used the lid as a base and wrapped it with shrink wrap and ribbon. And, of course, business cards, a mini-cat, the flyer with the upcoming month specials. It looked great and got a lot of bids.

I think the retail was around $50, I had some things on hand and it was a May auction so I was able to buy the rest for 40% off with kit enhansement in April.

I also like the GC idea, and I'm definitely going to use that next time.

Does anybody have a sample gift certificate that I can use?

I'd love to see a sample GC too and are you giving them an official PC GC or just one specifically from you where you are going to give them a certain amount of products free that you will buy?

I like to include something like a $25 gift certificate that states double value ($50) if you host a show ;) I'd include a copy but my previous computer crashed and I lost it :( Note to self and others: BACKUP EVERYTHING!!

I always donate some "thing" sometimes a stone I've got extra, sometimes "gadgets" always a SB and always a GC for $10.00 off and then also a GC for a FREE SHOW, I put expiration dates on things for within 3-6 months.

HTH,

Lisa

What is a silent auction donation?

A silent auction donation is a contribution of a product or service to be auctioned off at an event without any verbal bidding. Bidders will write their bids on a piece of paper, and the highest bidder at the end of the auction wins the item.

How do I make a donation for a silent auction?

To make a donation for a silent auction, you can contact the event organizer or the organization hosting the event. They will provide you with the necessary information and guidelines for making a donation.

What type of items are typically donated for a silent auction?

Items donated for a silent auction can vary greatly, but some popular items include gift baskets, gift cards, experiences (such as a cooking class or spa day), and unique or handmade items. It is always best to check with the event organizer for specific donation requests.

Is there a minimum or maximum value for a silent auction donation?

There is no set minimum or maximum value for a silent auction donation. However, it is important to consider the audience and the cause of the event when deciding on the value of your donation. A higher value item may attract more bidders, but a lower value item may be more accessible for all attendees to bid on.

Can I request a tax deduction for my silent auction donation?

Yes, in most cases, you can request a tax deduction for your silent auction donation. Be sure to keep a record of your donation and consult with a tax professional for more information on how to claim the deduction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • krahema
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
krahema
  • Leigh0725
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies