• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sil Loves My Homemade Margarita Mix!

In summary, the author made this tonight for her husband's family and her very hard to please SIL loved it so much! They all agreed it wasn't as sweet as most margarita mixes are. She even said that she would probably order it from me regularly to keep on hand! She's excited to try the mojito one when I get it.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I made this tonight for my husband's family and my very hard to please SIL loved it so much! We all agreed it wasn't as sweet as most margarita mixes are. She even said that she would probably order it from me regularly to keep on hand! She's excited to try the mojito one when I get it.

I thought they said you could make it without alcohol, but I didn't see any directions for that. Does anyone remember what they said?

I'd like to see if there are other ways this can be used, like maybe as an ingredient in some sort of special dessert or something. I need to find an alternative use for this that's non-alcoholic.

sparkling something, sorry, not a lot of help lolfound it!!!
Just add 8 cups of still or sparkling water

Last edited:
Where did you find that info at?

There was another thread about this as the guest special where they listed other ideas for it. I wonder if you could use some of it to flavor whipping cream for a trifle.

They mentioned it at the launch about being able to use it with water, etc. We may have to experiment. My Sis and I thought it only took Tequila but learned that they recommend Triple Sec as well. :( I think it's a great idea though!

I made it tonight for my family during the Super Bowl. I just mixed it with 2 Qts water in the quick-stir pitcher. It was great! My hubby doesn't drink and he enjoyed it, I added a splash of tequila to just my glass and enjoyed it as well. They should have put the NA instructions on the box as well to avoid any confusion, but really... just add water and enjoy, nothing complicated about it at all!

ChefNelson said:
I made it tonight for my family during the Super Bowl. I just mixed it with 2 Qts water in the quick-stir pitcher. It was great! My hubby doesn't drink and he enjoyed it, I added a splash of tequila to just my glass and enjoyed it as well.

They should have put the NA instructions on the box as well to avoid any confusion, but really... just add water and enjoy, nothing complicated about it at all!

Good to know! I do agree that they should have had a NA version on the box or maybe another kind of idea to use it with. I wonder if I email the text kitchen and see what they come up with.

It does call for 6 oz of tequila and 6 oz of triple sec. We tried it as is but my SIL thought it needed more tequila. I had bought a small bottle and I think it maybe had one more ounce in it so we threw the whole rest of the bottle in there.

I'll bet it could be used in a margarita pie or some such thing...

You could probably use it to make flavored ices or sorbet. Or maybe mix it wih cupcake mix or icing.

babywings76 said:
I'd like to see if there are other ways this can be used, like maybe as an ingredient in some sort of special dessert or something. I need to find an alternative use for this that's non-alcoholic.

Key lime cupcakes with margarita frosting :)

I am not a big fan of Margarita's so I told my new recruit that we would make it for her grand opening show. I am excited to try the mojito though.

chefheidi2003 said:
I am not a big fan of Margarita's so I told my new recruit that we would make it for her grand opening show. I am excited to try the mojito though.

I'm not a big fan of margaritas either but I liked these.

ChefZee said:
Key lime cupcakes with margarita frosting :)

That sounds awesome!

I personally think it's too pricy for what it is. I make Margaritas with lime juice, triple sec and tequila. Lime juice is about $1.50. I made this last night and while it was good it isn't any better than the mixes in the stores and not near as good as with lime juice.

Now, if we come up with other uses (like that frosting idea) I may change my mind...

BethCooks4U said:
I personally think it's too pricy for what it is. I make Margaritas with lime juice, triple sec and tequila. Lime juice is about $1.50. I made this last night and while it was good it isn't any better than the mixes in the stores and not near as good as with lime juice.

Now, if we come up with other uses (like that frosting idea) I may change my mind...

I think I need to bake a batch of cupcakes.

BethCooks4U said:

I feel the same way too but never underestimate our customers!

my hubby is a recovering alcoholic sooooooooo won't be any use to me unless i can find another use for it.....i'll let y'all know what i come up with :)
and....this is off topic but a bee in my bonnet so to speak....why are all of the incentive trips including some kind of alcoholic aspect to them????? i know it's a rhetorical question but many of us do not drink. like i said just a bee in my bonnet :)

wadesgirl said:
I feel the same way too but never underestimate our customers!

Boy! Isn't that the truth! I can't tell you how many times customers say their fav thing is something I could care less about. Another example is that yucky Maple Honey Mustart Sauce.

Here is a recipe that was sent from my hospitality director as well as another director. I think it may have originated from Chris Manion.

ITTY BITTY MAGGIE LIME PIE!

1. Whisk one 8 oz. container of whipped topping (thawed) with one can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk.

2. Add 3-4 tbsp (depending on tartness desired) of Itty Bitty Bevs Margarita drink mix (dry powder). Mix well. The mixture will be thick and fluffy (the consistency of icing)

3. Pour mixture into a graham cracker crust and smooth out.

4. Place pie in freezer for at least 30-45min

5. Cut into wedges and serve, garnished with lime wedges, whipping cream, mint leaves, or berries, if desired. Store remaining pie in freezer.

1. What ingredients are in Sil Loves My Homemade Margarita Mix?

Sil Loves My Homemade Margarita Mix is made with freshly squeezed lime juice, triple sec, tequila, and a touch of agave nectar for sweetness.

2. Is this margarita mix gluten-free?

Yes, our margarita mix is gluten-free and does not contain any wheat or barley ingredients.

3. How should I store Sil Loves My Homemade Margarita Mix?

It is best to store our margarita mix in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. It can also be stored in the freezer if you prefer a frozen margarita.

4. Can I customize the sweetness level of this margarita mix?

Absolutely! You can adjust the amount of agave nectar in the mix to your desired level of sweetness. Just start with a small amount and add more to taste.

5. How long does this margarita mix last?

Our margarita mix will last for up to one week in the refrigerator. It is best to consume it within this time frame for the freshest taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SonyaVerrillo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Mel92504
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Lifeat50
  • shelly.nurse