• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Need to Have Guests Sign Credit Card Receipts?

In summary, if you are doing a party and require guests to sign receipts for credit card payments, have them fill out a charge #, exp. date and their billing zip. Almost everyone signs it.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Do you have your guests sign their receipts for credit card payments? I only ask because right now I'm doing a book party for another company and she is requiring me to mail her all the receipts that paid by credit card with signatures to her for "verification that they agree to pay". I take so many credit card numbers over the phone I never thought twice about it (still not thinking twice because it's a pain in the butt!!!). I'm ready to close this party and one is my mother-in-law that I won't see until Monday and another is my neice's in-law who lives over 200 miles away!

That is dumb actually. We dont sign anything when we buy over the phone or online.

Just sign all their names and mail it to the consultant. I never have my guests sign, it only goes to me so what's the point?

If they are in person, part of my checkout is to go over their total, tax & shipping = $_____ ... and if that amount is okay with you I need your signature here authorizing me to charge you that amount.If I'm doing it over the phone, I tell them I'm sending them an e-mail with the breakdown and that I need them to respond by e-mail verifying that it's okay to charge them that amount. (I reiterate it in the e-mail that I need a response verifying that it's okay to charge them that amount.) That way, all my bases are covered & I don't have to worry about anyone coming back & trying to dispute a charge.But as you know, I'm a "never do anything you wouldn't want to explain in a court of law" kind of girl. ;)

I always tell my guests to just fill in the charge #, exp. date and their billing zip. Almost everyone signs it too. It must be a habit or they assume I need that too.

1. What is the purpose of having guests sign credit card receipts?

The purpose of having guests sign credit card receipts is to provide proof that they authorized the transaction and to prevent any potential disputes or fraudulent charges.

2. Is it necessary to have guests sign credit card receipts?

It is not always necessary to have guests sign credit card receipts, but it is a common practice for businesses to have a record of the transaction and to protect themselves against any potential chargebacks or disputes.

3. What happens if a guest refuses to sign a credit card receipt?

If a guest refuses to sign a credit card receipt, the business may still process the transaction if the card is valid and has sufficient funds. However, the lack of a signature may make it more difficult to dispute the charge in the future.

4. Are there any exceptions to having guests sign credit card receipts?

There may be exceptions to having guests sign credit card receipts, such as for online or phone transactions where a signature is not feasible. Some businesses may also have a policy of not requiring signatures for small purchases.

5. How long should businesses keep signed credit card receipts?

The length of time businesses should keep signed credit card receipts may vary depending on state laws and industry regulations. Generally, it is recommended to keep them for at least 18 months to 2 years in case of any chargebacks or disputes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • BadGirl