• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Considering Pampered Chef: Expert Tips for Signing a Contract

In summary, Lori Ray recommends signing up for Pampered Chef as an opportunity to make some extra money, have fun cooking, and have a product that you can do as little or as much with as you want.
Joelsmom
I have been thinking about signing on to pampered chef but I dont know why I have a reserve about it. If you could give me any suggestions I would appreciate them. Thanks!

I can understandI also had reservations about signing up. I thought about it for almost a year before I finally decided to take the plunge. August is my official super starter month, but I have already done two shows and have two more scheduled this month. I didn't realize how much I would enjoy doing the shows. When I decided to sign on it was mostly for the money, I recently finished my schooling and have a 2 1/2 year old that I wanted to stay home with. The great thing about PC is that you are only obligated to 4 shows then you can quit if you don't like it. By the time you are done with your 4 shows you will have more than made up the cost of the kit, and you can keep all the products that came in the kit. Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I will give you my honest opinion as to my experience so far. You can also e-mail me personally if you want.

I have been in PC for 7 years and still love it!! I went to two shows and only bought a $2 item because I had never heard of it before. After I saw the Food Chopper demo I was convinced that I could sell this product! At first I didnt understand the whole sell and get money for it thing...but when I started getting all the FREE products for hitting the super starter levels PLUS recieved nice commission checks I thought WOW! Plus, I can have shows when I want to and dont have to deliver it or keep inventory you cant go wrong. You can get out of it at anytime and only have to have $200 in sales every two months to stay active. If you have any other questions or need a consultant to work with, please feel free to email me. If you would like to talk I will give you my phone # there! Good Luck in your decision :)

Lori Ray
[email protected]

Joelsmom said:
I have been thinking about signing on to pampered chef but I dont know why I have a reserve about it. If you could give me any suggestions I would appreciate them. Thanks!
Hi there!
I had reservations too, but mainly because I had never sold anything in my life (I'm NOT a salesperson) and I was soooo shy. I hated talking in front of others and I hated to cook, believe it or not. Now it's over two years later and I LOVE it. I can't imagine my life without it. Not to sound cheesy, but it's given me so much more than I ever thought it would. The paychecks are great, the break from home is great, but it's enabled me to grow personally and professionally. I get the satisfaction of watching my business grow and I get to have something for myself. I have two kids (3 1/2 years and 9 months) and it's nice to have something just for myself that I can do as little or as much with it as I want.

The way I looked at it was I'd try it for six shows (back then it was six shows to try it out, now it's four) and see if I liked it. Needless to say, I did! There are so many more benefits that I can go on and on about. Please feel free to email me if you want to chat more. I love to share what my experience has been like with PC. THere have been ups and downs, but any cons way outweigh the pros. It's worth a try, so I say go for it! If you don't like it, then you can "hang up the apron." If you're not currently working with a consultant and you decide to give it a try, I'd be happy to help you out. Just email me! :) Feel free to check out my website too. It gives you a better taste of what this is like and what kinds of things the company does to support you. Take care and good luck contemplating everything! :)

I had thought about something else to supplement income and possibly to take the place of my full-time job and I thought for a very very very long time before actually doing it, I did all sorts of searches online to find out all sorts of stuff about PC and other companies and other things that I could do, what can I say after seeing it all I decided to go ahead and take the plunge. January was my first actual starter month and I love it, just having a little trouble this month and last month with it being summer and all and since I just recently started I don't have that large of a circle of customers and hosts, but hopefully it will pick up very soon. I am tinking VERY positively after conference and I hope that I can be just half as successful as some of the people I saw on stage. :p

What specifically is holding you back?JoelsMom

I think it is great that you are considering a PC business. I am at our National Conference as we speak and the possibilities are amazing!

What specifically is holding you back? Each of us had different concerns when we were first considering the opportunity. It took me 5 years to decide to sign up - because I never really took the time to ask the questions. So you are way ahead of me by posting to this board! Congratulations!

Take a minute to sit down and think about what all the reasons are that you think a PC business would be for you. But also think about what specifically is holding you back. Let us know what that is, and I am sure a number of us could give you some more information.

Talk to your recruiter about your concerns... and be honest! If you do not have someone you are working with, continue to look for answers on this board or feel free to contact me (or anyone else) with any questions.

Good luck on your decision! This is an amazing opportunity and an amazing business!

Well I thought about a response and here it is. You probably have a million questions, such as, will I be able to get bookings, will it cost me a lot of money, will I be able to keep my business going. Well, it only costs $90 to get started. If you get 4 people to have shows for you before you sign your agreement, you are already set. There is really no committments. PC asks you to hold 6 shows, if you do not like it after that or you just don't want to do it anymore, just stop. Belive me once you see all the free stuff you can earn and all the money you can make, you will not want to stop. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Debbie :)

I signed up in April. I thought about it like 6 hours. I knew I could do it. The support is great. In my first month I earned the cost of my kit, a booster pack and tons of free stuff. Now I have a nice little check coming in and I have a kitchen full of products that I love!

1. What does signing a contract with Pampered Chef entail?

By signing a contract with Pampered Chef, you agree to become an independent consultant for the company. This means you will have the opportunity to sell our products, host cooking demonstrations, and earn commission on your sales.

2. Is there a minimum sales quota I must meet as a consultant?

There is no minimum sales quota for consultants at Pampered Chef. However, we do encourage our consultants to actively sell and promote our products to maximize their earnings potential.

3. What is the length of the contract?

The contract with Pampered Chef is for one year. At the end of the year, you will have the option to renew your contract if you wish to continue working with us.

4. Are there any fees associated with signing a contract?

There is a $109 startup fee for new consultants, which covers the cost of your starter kit. This kit includes all the necessary materials to begin your business, such as catalogs, order forms, and product samples.

5. Can I terminate my contract with Pampered Chef at any time?

Yes, you can terminate your contract with Pampered Chef at any time by providing written notice to your team leader or the main office. However, we do encourage our consultants to give the business a fair chance before making this decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cook1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • shed
  • General Chat
Replies