• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Can You Spare a Prayer for My Family in Crisis?

In summary, Jim's long time love suffered a severe electrical heart block and is being taken to Flagstaff for a pacemaker installation. At the same time, the family is dealing with the passing of my uncle's mother and figuring out how to best take care of my almost 101 year old grandmother. Jim's surgery went well but his heart is currently unable to function on its own and he will need to be careful while it heals. My mom also has lupus, which is being managed with steroids. Prayers are requested for everyone involved, including safe travels, healing, and strength. Jim was released from the hospital and is now resting, while the family prepares to travel to Nebraska for the funeral.
nikked
Gold Member
My mom's long time love has had for years a minor "electrical heart block" that suddenly went severe. His pulse dropped to 36, and he is now on the hour long trip (in an amulance) to Flagstaff to be hospitalized and have a pacemaker installed (more than likely tomorrow). At the same time, my uncle's mother passed away, causing a large portion of the family to travel to Nebraska, leaving my almost 101 year old grandmother behind. She was supposed to stay with my mom during this time, but now all that is up in the air. She lives on her own in an apartment connected to my cousin's house, so she is never truly "alone".

Please pray for Jim and his doctors. Please pray for traveling mercies and comfort for the family traveling to Nebraska. And please pray for wisdom and assistance as we figure out how to best assist "Granna".

Thank you.

Jim is getting settled, but his heart rate has dropped to as low as 29. They are putting an external pace maker on him for the night to hopefully regulate and bring up the heart rate, still planning on the surgery for the morning.

For those of you who don't know, my Mom has a pretty severe case of lupus, and it has been "knocking" for a few months, kept at bay by steroids, but never fully going away. So, prayers for her as well in all this are appreciated.

Prayers being said for healing, strength & safe travels for everyone. Special prayers for your Granna too. How wonderful to still have her and her many years of experiences to draw from. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.

Chefa said it very well so I will second what she said. Hugs to you.

Thanks all. Jim's surgery went well, EXCEPT that his heart seems to have lost all ability to electronically fire on it's on. He flat lined on the table! He's going to have to be VERY careful with movements for about 2 weeks while everything heals so he doesn't pull the leads out. Without the leads, more than likely his heart will just stop completely. They live quite a bit out of town, so that would be a major problem. Mom has started a new round of steroids to hopefully hold the lupus at bay. We're still trying to figure out logistics with everything else.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

Prayers for everyone....extremely scary stuff to have to deal with.

Jim was released from the hospital today after an xray confirmed that the wires were staying in place. Prayers for Jim to be obedient to the doctor's orders are appreciated. My mom, in her former life (before lupus) was a cardiac nurse, so she knows what to do. The issue is how far out they are from town if anything was to go wrong.

My cousin's husband took some time off of work to help with Granna, so that avenue is covered, praise God. Prayers for the two of them are definitely in order!

Family is traveling tomorrow to Nebraska for the funeral. Prayers for traveling mercies, peace and comfort.

Thank you everyone!

Jim had a quiet, restful day. Slept a lot. They see the cardiologist tomorrow for follow up. Thank all of you for your prayers.

That's great. Continued prayers for everyone.

1. How can I request prayers through Pampered Chef?

You can request prayers through the Pampered Chef community by posting your prayer request in our online Prayer Circle group. You can also reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant for support and prayer.

2. Can I remain anonymous when requesting prayers?

Yes, you can remain anonymous when requesting prayers through Pampered Chef. Simply mention in your request that you would like to remain anonymous and your identity will be kept confidential.

3. How long will my prayer request stay active?

Your prayer request will remain active in our Prayer Circle group for 30 days. After that, it will be removed from the group but you can always reach out to your consultant for continued support and prayer.

4. Can I request prayers for someone else?

Yes, you can request prayers for someone else through Pampered Chef. Just make sure to get their permission before sharing their personal information and prayer request with the community.

5. Is there a limit to how many prayer requests I can make?

There is no limit to the number of prayer requests you can make through Pampered Chef. We are here to support and uplift each other, and we encourage you to reach out whenever you need it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Jennie4PC