• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Side Dish for a Potluck Memorial Day Picnic

In summary, for a potluck Memorial Day picnic, a popular side dish option is potato salad, but other options like pasta salad, coleslaw, or fruit salad are also great choices. It is recommended to bring enough side dish for 10-12 people and to make it ahead of time. If you have dietary restrictions, options like quinoa salad, roasted vegetables, or bean salad are suitable. Don't forget to bring your own serving utensils labeled with your name.
babywings76
Gold Member
I know there's not a lot of people on here right now, but thought I'd ask anyway....:)

I'm looking through my recipes, but everything either has meat in it or should be served warm. I need something that will be good sitting out for a couple hours on a hot day. Or something that I could serve in the chip n dip platter on top of the large collapsable bowl filled w/ ice.

Any ideas?

what about the fruit and berry salsa with cinnamon tortillas, or an oil based salad

I was just looking through the All the Best Cookbook and saw the Summer Tortellini Salad. Do you think that's a good recipe to please a crowd?

don't think you can go wrong with anything in ALL the best! have fun.

Thanks! :)

why not use the core and more and do a fruit tray

Oooh, the Caesar Pasta Salad is good, and since it doesn't have mayo in it you can leave it out longer. It's good chilled, but I've had it warm (when the pasta was freshly boiled) before and it tasted good either way. You can find it at holiday recipes | Mother's Day Recipes | graduation recipes | grill recipes | barbecue recipes | ice cream recipes | restaurant recipes | crockpot recipes | turkey recipes | dessert recipes | pampered chef recipes | valentine's day recipes | christma (search under PC recipes).

A doubled recipe of macaroni salad fits great in the large collapsible bowl. I just made some today for the weekend. My kids love it. I add chopped celery and green pepper, and small chunks of cheddar cheese.

1. What is a good side dish to bring to a potluck Memorial Day picnic?

One popular side dish for a potluck Memorial Day picnic is a classic potato salad. It is easy to make and can be served cold, making it perfect for outdoor gatherings. You can also try bringing a pasta salad, coleslaw, or fruit salad as a refreshing option.

2. How much side dish should I bring to a potluck Memorial Day picnic?

It is recommended to bring enough side dish to serve at least 10-12 people. This ensures there will be enough food for everyone to enjoy, and also allows for some leftovers in case anyone wants seconds.

3. I have dietary restrictions, what are some side dish options for me to bring to a potluck Memorial Day picnic?

If you have dietary restrictions, some great side dish options to bring to a potluck Memorial Day picnic include a quinoa salad, roasted vegetable dish, or a bean salad. These dishes are typically gluten-free, vegan, and can accommodate various dietary restrictions.

4. Can I make my side dish ahead of time for a potluck Memorial Day picnic?

Yes, it is always a good idea to make your side dish ahead of time for a potluck Memorial Day picnic. This allows for more time to enjoy the picnic and socialize with others. Many side dishes can be made a day or two in advance and stored in the refrigerator until the picnic.

5. What serving utensils do I need to bring for my side dish at a potluck Memorial Day picnic?

It is recommended to bring your own serving utensils for your side dish at a potluck Memorial Day picnic. This includes a spoon, fork, or tongs for serving and a serving dish or bowl. It is important to label your utensils and dishes with your name to ensure they are returned to you after the picnic.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • toaster_pastry
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies