1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Side dish for a potluck Memorial Day picnic

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I know there's not a lot of people on here right now, but thought I'd ask anyway....:)

I'm looking through my recipes, but everything either has meat in it or should be served warm. I need something that will be good sitting out for a couple hours on a hot day. Or something that I could serve in the chip n dip platter on top of the large collapsable bowl filled w/ ice.

Any ideas?

May 23, 2009
  2. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

what about the fruit and berry salsa with cinnamon tortillas, or an oil based salad

May 23, 2009
  3. babywings76

I was just looking through the All the Best Cookbook and saw the Summer Tortellini Salad. Do you think that's a good recipe to please a crowd?

May 23, 2009
  4. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

don't think you can go wrong with anything in ALL the best! have fun.

May 23, 2009
  5. babywings76

Thanks! :)

May 23, 2009
  6. elizabethfox

elizabethfox Advanced Member Gold Member

why not use the core and more and do a fruit tray

May 23, 2009
  7. sklay723

sklay723 Advanced Member Gold Member

Oooh, the Caesar Pasta Salad is good, and since it doesn't have mayo in it you can leave it out longer. It's good chilled, but I've had it warm (when the pasta was freshly boiled) before and it tasted good either way. You can find it at holiday recipes | Mother's Day Recipes | graduation recipes | grill recipes | barbecue recipes | ice cream recipes | restaurant recipes | crockpot recipes | turkey recipes | dessert recipes | pampered chef recipes | valentine's day recipes | christma (search under PC recipes).

May 23, 2009
  8. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

A doubled recipe of macaroni salad fits great in the large collapsible bowl. I just made some today for the weekend. My kids love it. I add chopped celery and green pepper, and small chunks of cheddar cheese.

Have something to add?