• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Miss Out on the Spring Launch in Your City?

In summary, Pampered Chef suggests that people who are trying to register for the Spring Launch write an e-mail to [email protected] and tell them that they were not able to register.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I just called H.O. about the problem of our Spring Launch cities not being listed. Here is what he said to do:

E-mail [email protected] and tell them that you were trying to register for your city and was not able to.

When I began to explain some of the reasons for my delay, he suggested I put them in the e-mail as well.

The guy was clueless about whether it would do any good or not, and whether registration was closed for the listed events, or what. I am hopeful that they were merely trying to stem the tide and might give first priority to those who e-mail.

As of last week, here were the stats for my city as listed in the e-mail by Jean Jonas:

Columbus, OH
500 target (does this mean CAPACITY?)
272 registered
54% of target

Personally, I think that if they only have 500 seats for this market, they underestimated it BIG TIME. I have attended spring rallies in Columbus for Ohio area consultants and it seemed to me there were far more than 500 people in attendance. It's really unfair that some markets have capacity for 1000 and others have capacity for half that. And regardless, we got no notification that our city was in danger of being sold out!

I'll post a copy of my rant when I get it good and worked up ... but just a heads up to send those e-mails!

FYI - as of today, Columbus was at 85%.

Nicole, how do you find out what percentage your area is at?

I saw the Execu-Flash - let me see if I can post it.

As of January 11th eight (8) more cities have earned a chance to have Phil visit and receive additional incentive points.

Attendance Target

Consultants Registered as of 1/5/2010

Consultants Registered as of 1/11/2010

% to target audience

% increase compared to 1/5/10

Atlanta, GA

92%

23%

Baltimore, MD

36%

8%

Chicago, IL

67%

18%

Columbus, OH

85%

27%

Dallas, TX

53%

15%

Dearborn, MI

30%

10%

Denver, CO

92%

25%

Hartford, CT (Boston)

90%

23%

Houston, TX

37%

8%

Lakeland, FL (Orlando)

33%

9%

Lancaster, PA

70%

18%

Los Angeles, CA

52%

14%

Louisville, KY

42%

12%

Memphis, TN

29%

7%

Minneapolis, MN

68%

19%

Omaha, NE

34%

8%

Phoenix, AZ

63%

16%

Raleigh, NC

62%

15%

Sacramento, CA

56%

10%

Seattle, WA

50%

11%

St. Louis, MO

61%

12%

Thanks ... makes me wonder why Columbus is having problems and yet Atlanta, which is at 92 percent, is still listed?

For what it's worth ... here is my rant:

I tried to register for Spring Launch tonight and did not see Columbus, Ohio among the listed options. I have heard similar complaints from other consultants in other parts of the country.

If registration for this event is closed before the stated deadline of Jan. 17, I will be very upset.

My decision to register when I did was driven by a number of factors. Cost, not only for registration but also lodging and transportation, was a major factor. So was time off work. (Not all of us can predict whether we can get a day or two off a month or more in advance.) And also, I have had a hard time making transportation arrangements. I STILL have not resolved all the answers to these questions, but was ready to register today because I know I have at least one day off coming and have two tenative offers to share day-of transportation ... providing I can drive 40 miles each way to meet them, which seems reasonable.

If I am not able to attend the Spring Launch in Columbus, the travel and lodging costs, not to mention a changed date and lost work time, will make this trip unattainable for me.

At no time were we warned that the Columbus Spring Launch was in danger of selling out. My director forwarded to me an e-mail from Jean Jonas, dated less than a week ago. At that time, registration in my city was still only at 54 percent of target.

I was recently informed by someone online that Atlanta is at 92 percent of target and Columbus is at 85 percent, and yet Atlanta is still listed on Consultant's Corner and Columbus is not.

My cluster, like many others, has incentives riding on attendance at Spring Launch. Just today, a past host asked me about new products and I promised her some of the mini catalogs I anticipated getting at Spring Launch.

Finally, I would like to add that if the target number is the same as CAPACITY, then you have seriously underestimated the Ohio market. My executive director has held spring rallies there in the past ... and though it was only open to her downline, there were hundreds of people in attendance.

I would hope that this e-mail is not finding you too late and that there are arrangements being made to meet the large demand in this region.

I wish I could go to one period. We don't have any here in Alaska :(

Actually they told us in the beginning that seating may be limited due to the location that they can get. While 500 may not seem like a lot, if that was the only large location they could get, then that is all that can fit. If it was at 85%, who knows, there may have been a lot of consultants who registarered in that time line.

If we were at 85 percent, by my count, that's a good 75 seats left. I'm hopeful, though not optimistic, that they are just trying to stem the tide and will give the remaining seats to the first 75 people who e-mail.If not, I figure this is God's little way of saving me money. I had some money in my purse, saved for a specific purpose, and it has been either lost or stolen. My director suggested calling again and asking for somebody in "meetings and registration." I don't have time during business hours today ... I am at work ... and it's possible those people only work until 4 or 5 p.m. central.

I just checked and Minneapolis is out too! That really stinks! I guess I'll try the email thing...

Got the following reply to my e-mail this morning:Hello Diane,
At this time the meeting is closed, our Meeting Coordinator is working to see if we can get more space. If possible the meeting will be opened back on Consultants Corner. Please check your web site through out the day.(She also informed me that Atlanta was still open. Duh! I knew that! I pointed out that I was only curious why Columbus was closed at 85 percent and Atlanta was 92 percent full and still open!)

Huh. Well, that's a bummer for those who couldn't register...so sorry for all of you if you get shut out and they can't find any more space!

Does St. Louis still show open? I'm already registered so I can't check it. I've got a few more on my team that want to go.

Maybe they are holding open a few seats for those those who sign up for the biz b/t Jan. 18-Feb. 1st or so. I don't know the answers but it's a bummer that a few locations are "locked out" now.

It's also possible that in the time since the stats were gathered and when you attempted to register the remaining spots were taken.

I just looked and it appears that all sites are back up...I'm confused (which isn't hard to do!)

Yes, Columbus is open again!

I just registered about an hour ago for Columbus, so, we are up and running again. Who knows for how long, but as of now, it's a go! :)

I was able to register for Minneapolis too! I figured I better not wait again!

Yes, my director e-mailed me and then sent an alert out to the team that they had opened more spots but was not sure how many. Heading there to register now!You can use your own credit card? Oh goody! I am not sure I brought my PC debit card along today!

OK folks, I did it! I AM REGISTERED!Thanks to the person who tried to register for Hartford who alerted me to this problem! I hope yours is available too!I did notice one blank spot on Feb. 6. I did not have time to review to see what that means, but it's possible they didn't open up seats for all of them.

HO stated when they announced the events that they could sell out and to register as soon as registration opened. They warned that the venue space was limited.

I understand that ... and it has been stated in the past ... HOWEVER ... not every person knows their work schedule months and months in advance! In my case, before I committed to this, I had to make sure I could get the time off work, make transportation arrangements and oh yeah, come up with the money!Also ... we were told less than a week ago that certain sites, like Columbus, were only 54 percent registered. By yesterday, they were 85 percent registered and by evening they were full! Meanwhile, there were sites that were more than 90 percent full that were still accepting registration!Two years ago, I attended an event in Columbus with my ED's downline. Hundreds of people showed up. It made me wonder why they would only make room for 500 of us. I know it's hard to find that many venues but I think they way underestimated the market for this region.

My Director told me at our Cluster meeting tonight that Columbus had gotten full, and they opened 50 more seats, and that as of the time we were talking, 46 of those were still available. I have a few team members who may still be able to go, so I'm hoping they're able to get in if they can go!

I hope so! So Jane and I were only half of those who registered since this afternoon?

These seats have a way of going before the directors know about them!

I find it curious that the Newswire that just went out did not mention this issue ... I'm glad my director sent out an alert saying not to wait until the deadline if you are going!

According to the page on CC, the following meetings are full: * Atlanta, GA
* Columbus, OH
* Denver, CO
* Hartford, CT

any word on the new numbers????

What is the "Shut Out of Spring Launch"?

The "Shut Out of Spring Launch" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef that showcases our new spring products and offers exclusive deals and promotions for our customers.

When is the "Shut Out of Spring Launch" happening?

This year's "Shut Out of Spring Launch" will take place on March 21st, 2021. However, the event will be available for online shopping and ordering from March 22nd to April 4th.

Can anyone attend the "Shut Out of Spring Launch"?

Yes, the "Shut Out of Spring Launch" is open to all customers, whether you are a new or existing Pampered Chef customer. We welcome everyone to join us and discover our new spring products.

How can I participate in the "Shut Out of Spring Launch"?

To participate in the "Shut Out of Spring Launch," you can visit our website or connect with your local Pampered Chef consultant. You can also follow our social media pages for updates and promotions during the event.

Are there any special offers or discounts during the "Shut Out of Spring Launch"?

Yes, there will be exclusive deals and discounts on our new spring products during the "Shut Out of Spring Launch." You can also earn rewards and free products by hosting a virtual party during the event. Contact your consultant for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • SpiritdancerIA
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • chefann