• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making the Perfect Dish: DH's Watery Gripe

In summary, the ingredients needed for DH's Watery Gripe are 1 pound of chicken breast, 1 cup of rice, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. To prevent the dish from becoming watery, make sure to drain the diced tomatoes and reduce the amount of chicken broth or cook the dish uncovered for the last 10 minutes. Substitutions can be made, but may affect the flavor and texture. The dish is fully cooked when the chicken is no longer pink and has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. It can be made ahead of time and reheated with added
kam
Staff member
I made these a few weeks ago for DH and myself to test. I thought they were really good, but DH thought they were a little "watery". I have to agree a little with him though but I think it bothered him more than it bothered me.

For anyone who has made these, are they a little watery and that's just the way they are? Or is there something I might have done wrong.

DH is driving me crazy with this because EVERYTIME I mention these, he brings up about me finding a way to make them less watery.

Any ideas??

I made these last night and they were not watery at all. Not sure what you would have added to them to make them watery...

I am thinking that maybe I didn't dry the shrimp enough (I was using frozen that I thawed under running water) or maybe I was too generous with the cheese. DH keeps saying "watery" but maybe "runny" is a better term...that's why I am thinking maybe I added too much cheese (the thought process at our house is - always add extra cheese! :) ) When you bit into them, the inside ran out very quickly and they were hard to eat.

Glad to know this is not normal. I will try again. Thanks!

What ingredients do I need to make DH's Watery Gripe?

The ingredients for DH's Watery Gripe include: 1 pound of chicken breast, 1 cup of rice, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.

How do I prevent the dish from becoming watery?

To prevent the dish from becoming watery, make sure to drain the diced tomatoes before adding them to the dish. You can also reduce the amount of chicken broth used or cook the dish uncovered for the last 10 minutes of cooking to allow excess liquid to evaporate.

Can I substitute any of the ingredients?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken breast with any protein of your choice, such as tofu or shrimp. You can also use quinoa or cauliflower rice instead of regular rice. However, keep in mind that these substitutions may alter the overall flavor and texture of the dish.

How do I know when the dish is fully cooked?

The dish is fully cooked when the chicken is no longer pink and has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. The rice should also be tender and fully cooked. If the dish is still watery, continue cooking for a few more minutes until the excess liquid evaporates.

Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat the dish in the oven or on the stove until heated through. You may need to add a bit of extra chicken broth to prevent the dish from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jenn822
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jenn822
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kam