• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sandy Asks: Have You Typed This Up Already?

In summary, Sandy was looking for a recipe for Sweet & Sour Shrimp Stir-Fry and asked if anyone had it already typed up. She found it on another online forum and shared the link with the other person asking for it. The recipe includes rice, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch, pineapple chunks, snow pea pods, plum tomatoes, oil, garlic, and shrimp. The instructions involve cooking the rice, preparing the sauce, stir-frying the vegetables, adding the sauce and shrimp, and serving over rice.
ChefSandyK
Does anyone have this already typed up?

Thanks,
Sandy

Would that be the Sweet n Sour Stir Fry?

YesI have it in the cookbook, so please don't retype it if you don't already have it done. Was just trying to save myself the trouble if someone had it already...

Thanks,
Sandy

Here you go...I didn't have it typed, but found it with all the other hundreds of recipes on another board :)

Sweet & Sour Shrimp Stir-Fry
(Casual Cooking...pg 73)

4 cups hot cooked rice
1/3 cup ketchup
3 Tbls reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbls packed brown sugar
1 Tbls white vinegar
4 tsp cornstarch
1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
8 oz fresh snow pea pods, trimmed, cut diagonally in half (2 cups)
2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
2 tsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
12 oz frozen, cooked medium shrimp, thawed, rinsed and tails removed

1. Prepare rice in Small (2 qt) Saucepan according to package directions. Meanwhile, in Small Batter Bowl, combine ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and cornstarch; whisk using Stainless Steel Whisk until blended.

2. Drain pineapple in small Colander, reserving juice in small Colander Bowl. Measure 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice; add to ketchup mixture in batter bowl and set aside. (Discard any remaining juice).

3. Trim pea pods and cut diagonally in half using Utility Knife. Cut tomatoes into wedges.

4. Heat oil in Stir-Fry Skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pea pods and garlic pressed with Garlic Press to skillet. Using Bamboo Spatulas, stir-fry 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Stir ketchup mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute until thickened. Add pineapple and shrimp to skillet; toss to heat thoroughly. Remove from heat. Gently stir in tomatoes. Serve over rice.

Makes 4 servings.

Thank you!How thoughtful of you to look for me...I really appreciate it! Do you mind sharing what the other board is?

Thanks again,
Sandy

Sure! :)

It's WeLovePamperedChefToo. Send me an email and I'll be happy to send you the link..Another GREAT board like this one. :D

1. What is "Sandy Asks: Have You Typed This Up Already?"

"Sandy Asks: Have You Typed This Up Already?" is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that features a delicious combination of fresh ingredients and easy preparation.

2. Is this recipe available in a printed format?

Yes, "Sandy Asks: Have You Typed This Up Already?" is available in a printed format through our Pampered Chef catalogs or through our website.

3. How long does it take to prepare "Sandy Asks: Have You Typed This Up Already?"

The preparation time for this recipe is approximately 15 minutes, with an additional 25 minutes for cooking.

4. Can I make any substitutions to this recipe?

While we always encourage experimenting with our recipes, we recommend following the ingredients and instructions listed for the best results with "Sandy Asks: Have You Typed This Up Already?"

5. Is this recipe suitable for vegetarians/vegans?

Yes, "Sandy Asks: Have You Typed This Up Already?" can easily be made vegetarian by substituting the chicken with tofu or other meat alternatives. For a vegan version, simply omit the cheese or use a dairy-free alternative.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jbdowd0798