1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Shrimp Stir Fry

1. ChefSandyK

ChefSandyK Member

Does anyone have this already typed up?

Thanks,
    Sandy

Jan 10, 2006
  2. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Would that be the Sweet n Sour Stir Fry?

Jan 10, 2006
  3. ChefSandyK

ChefSandyK Member

Yes

I have it in the cookbook, so please don't retype it if you don't already have it done. Was just trying to save myself the trouble if someone had it already...

Thanks,
    Sandy

Jan 11, 2006
  4. kcjodih

Here you go...

I didn't have it typed, but found it with all the other hundreds of recipes on another board :)

Sweet & Sour Shrimp Stir-Fry
    (Casual Cooking...pg 73)

4 cups hot cooked rice
    1/3 cup ketchup
    3 Tbls reduced-sodium soy sauce
    2 Tbls packed brown sugar
    1 Tbls white vinegar
    4 tsp cornstarch
    1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
    8 oz fresh snow pea pods, trimmed, cut diagonally in half (2 cups)
    2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
    2 tsp vegetable oil
    2 garlic cloves, pressed
    12 oz frozen, cooked medium shrimp, thawed, rinsed and tails removed

1. Prepare rice in Small (2 qt) Saucepan according to package directions. Meanwhile, in Small Batter Bowl, combine ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and cornstarch; whisk using Stainless Steel Whisk until blended.

2. Drain pineapple in small Colander, reserving juice in small Colander Bowl. Measure 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice; add to ketchup mixture in batter bowl and set aside. (Discard any remaining juice).

3. Trim pea pods and cut diagonally in half using Utility Knife. Cut tomatoes into wedges.

4. Heat oil in Stir-Fry Skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pea pods and garlic pressed with Garlic Press to skillet. Using Bamboo Spatulas, stir-fry 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Stir ketchup mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute until thickened. Add pineapple and shrimp to skillet; toss to heat thoroughly. Remove from heat. Gently stir in tomatoes. Serve over rice.

Makes 4 servings.

Jan 11, 2006
  5. ChefSandyK

ChefSandyK Member

Thank you!

How thoughtful of you to look for me...I really appreciate it! Do you mind sharing what the other board is?

Thanks again,
    Sandy

Jan 11, 2006
  6. kcjodih

Sure! :)

It's WeLovePamperedChefToo. Send me an email and I'll be happy to send you the link..Another GREAT board like this one. :D

Jan 11, 2006
Have something to add?