• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shrimp Stir Fry

ChefSandyK

Aug 7, 2005
Yes

I have it in the cookbook, so please don't retype it if you don't already have it done. Was just trying to save myself the trouble if someone had it already...

Thanks,
Sandy

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
Here you go...

I didn't have it typed, but found it with all the other hundreds of recipes on another board :)

Sweet & Sour Shrimp Stir-Fry
(Casual Cooking...pg 73)

4 cups hot cooked rice
1/3 cup ketchup
3 Tbls reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbls packed brown sugar
1 Tbls white vinegar
4 tsp cornstarch
1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
8 oz fresh snow pea pods, trimmed, cut diagonally in half (2 cups)
2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
2 tsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
12 oz frozen, cooked medium shrimp, thawed, rinsed and tails removed

1. Prepare rice in Small (2 qt) Saucepan according to package directions. Meanwhile, in Small Batter Bowl, combine ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and cornstarch; whisk using Stainless Steel Whisk until blended.

2. Drain pineapple in small Colander, reserving juice in small Colander Bowl. Measure 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice; add to ketchup mixture in batter bowl and set aside. (Discard any remaining juice).

3. Trim pea pods and cut diagonally in half using Utility Knife. Cut tomatoes into wedges.

4. Heat oil in Stir-Fry Skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pea pods and garlic pressed with Garlic Press to skillet. Using Bamboo Spatulas, stir-fry 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Stir ketchup mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute until thickened. Add pineapple and shrimp to skillet; toss to heat thoroughly. Remove from heat. Gently stir in tomatoes. Serve over rice.

Makes 4 servings.

ChefSandyK

Aug 7, 2005
Thank you!

How thoughtful of you to look for me...I really appreciate it! Do you mind sharing what the other board is?

Thanks again,
Sandy

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
Sure! :)

It's WeLovePamperedChefToo. Send me an email and I'll be happy to send you the link..Another GREAT board like this one. :D