• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Kitchen Tool for Shredding Lettuce for Tacos?

Hot Pad Trivet can also be used as a jar opener.In summary, the conversation primarily discusses different kitchen tools for shredding lettuce, with the majority of participants recommending the crinkle cutter. There is also a brief discussion about the use of metal on lettuce and a suggestion to use a nylon slice and serve or warm water to prevent browning. One participant also mentions using the Hot Pad Trivet as a jar opener, which could be a potential selling point for the product.
qbutterflies
This might be a weird question. Does any one know what kitchen tool shreds lettuce the best. I'm thinking for tacos. I know I could just use a knife, but I was thinking of an easy, and quick tool instead of a knife.

Thanks for any ideas.

My personal favorite is the US&G fitted with the v-shaped blade. Works like a charm!!

I use the Crinkle Cutter. The rocking motion makes it quick and easy.

Shawnna

I use the crinkle cutter, too...

Crinkle cutter here too!! :D

Huge fan of the crinkle cutter!!

Crinkle Cutter all the way!!! :D

Looks like the crinkle cutters have it. Its the winner hands down! :D

Metal on LettuceMaybe you all can help me with this. I have always been told that when working with lettuce you should never cut it with metal because it makes the lettuce brown and wilt. I have found this to be true personally-could just be coincidence. I do have a plastic lettuce knife at home that I use for lettue (it's not pampered chef of course) since they don't offer that---but has anyone else ever heard of this? Not using metal on lettuce? :confused:

I have heard this so I try to cut only what I will use at one time. This will prevent storing brown lettuce.

plichte said:
Maybe you all can help me with this. I have always been told that when working with lettuce you should never cut it with metal because it makes the lettuce brown and wilt. I have found this to be true personally-could just be coincidence. I do have a plastic lettuce knife at home that I use for lettue (it's not pampered chef of course) since they don't offer that---but has anyone else ever heard of this? Not using metal on lettuce? :confused:
I use the crinkle cutter if I'm using the lettuce right away but if it will be used later I cut it with the nylon slice and serve to prevent browning.

I have heard to run your knife (or whatever you are using to cut lettuce) under warm water before cutting and that will prevent it from browning so early. My husband and I do that and our lettuce stays nice longer than it use to. It use to brown right away and now it doesn't, so I guess it must work!!! :D

I use the crinkle cutter to cut lettuce and it has never turned brown. I just toss it into a plastic re-sealable bag (not the bag it came from the store in). In fact, I remember when I first bought a crinkle cutter, that PC used the fact that the lettuce wouldn't turn brown as a selling point. As long as my lettuce doesn't sit there for a week (which, I must admit it often does), I don't have a problem. :)

i know restraunts that use metal to cut there lettuce, i used to work at one and it never turned brown when sitting on the salad bar, but they also kept it in cols water till it was used and it stayed good for 2 days, (cause they used it all up)

Hot Pad TrivetSome of you may already know this but, the Hot Pad Trivet can also be used as a jar opener. My husband thought of this idea. I tried it--It works get!
Maybe this could be another selling point for the Hot Pad Trivets.

What is the best kitchen tool for shredding lettuce for tacos?

The best kitchen tool for shredding lettuce for tacos is a pair of kitchen shears or scissors. They make it easy to quickly slice through the lettuce leaves without crushing or bruising them.

Can I use a knife to shred lettuce for tacos?

While you can use a knife to shred lettuce for tacos, it can be more time consuming and difficult to achieve evenly shredded pieces. Kitchen shears or scissors are a better option for this task.

Do I need a special tool to shred lettuce for tacos?

No, you don't necessarily need a special tool to shred lettuce for tacos. However, using a tool specifically designed for this task, such as kitchen shears, can make the process faster and easier.

Can I use a food processor to shred lettuce for tacos?

While a food processor can be used to shred lettuce for tacos, it may not yield the best results. The blades of a food processor can easily overprocess the lettuce, resulting in mushy and unevenly shredded pieces.

What are the benefits of using kitchen shears to shred lettuce for tacos?

Using kitchen shears to shred lettuce for tacos has several benefits. It allows for quick and easy shredding, results in evenly shredded pieces, and prevents the lettuce from getting crushed or bruised. Additionally, kitchen shears can also be used for other kitchen tasks, making them a versatile tool to have on hand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sjspchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chef_kimmo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chef_kimmo
  • pamperedchef88