• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guys' Night In: Ideas for Recipes & Games - Cookie's Request

In summary, there were multiple suggestions for grilling shows for men, including using June products, featuring a grilled pizza recipe, and incorporating a card game or other fun activities. Some other ideas mentioned include hosting a Mr. Mom party and offering stromboli as a popular dish for men. Additionally, there were suggestions for a chili-themed show and using recipe cards, cookbooks, and online resources to find chili recipes. Another idea proposed was a Valentine/Christmas/Mother's Day shopping show for men.
Cookie
Has anyone had a show for guys? Any suggestions for recipies and/or games?
I have two shows for guys in the works for next month and would appreciate any thoughts you have.

Thanks, Cookie

grilling showsDo a show that requires the grill and features the June products. You'll only need one recipe and shows for men are easier because they only need one use for the tool to buy it. Have beer as the beverage because then you can demo how to open it with the turner. BTW, this isn't from experience - it's advice one of the Directors gave another consultant at my last cluster meeting.

Take a Card Game?Thanks for the ideas. Grilling sounds like a fantastic idea. And I heard about a poker kind of game some consultants play. Does anybody have the directions for that?

I was just on a director's call and they talked about the Grilled Pizza. They said it was amazing! I can't wait to try it. Recipe is in Casual Cooking.

Thanks...I'm going to ask my director for that recipie. I bet they'd love it. This is going to be fun! I saw the poker game on another thread along with a bunch of other fun games. I'm really looking forward to this now. Thanks all.

Ideas for MenMy husband prepares a variation of the Chicken Bistro Twist - makes it into a stromboli. Every football gathering, bar-b-que and house party we are invited to, we are asked to bring it. THE MEN LOVE IT!!! - Now, I know stromboli is a very big NY thing and that is where we and most of our friend base is originally from, but I still think it would be a big hit everywhere else.

Just make sure the butcher cuts the "Cold Cuts" aka "Deli Meat" aka "Lunch Meat" thin.

We are having a party this week and two of the guys from his office said they would come and bring their wives if Ryan prepared Stromboli.

Another thought - Men are becoming quite sophisticated in the kitchen. In many cases, they cook more than their female counterparts. Take a look at the big cooking shows - the men are the best ones!!! So I would advise we stop thinking of them all as "Al Bundy type beer drinking, pizza chomping guys" who will eat whatever is thrown in front of them. Go for something new and exciting, yet manly.

Party idea - Try a Mr. Mom party - invite the men to attend and participate. They might all love the opportunity to show up us women.

I met a couple (dating) and the man really wants to have a show to get all of the products that his wife took in the divorce! He said he really misses all of the tools that she took! I am trying to get him to set a date but he wants to have all of the guys in the garage(so they can be there to eat and to hand over the checkbook!) and have me make chili. Does anyone have a recipe for any kind of chili? Does PC have a chili recipe?

Check out the Soups, Stews and Chilis Recipe Card Collection. If you don't have it, maybe your director or someone in your cluster might have it that you could borrow. Also, there is a Oven Barbecue Chili recipe in the It's Good for You cookbook, a Mexican Two Bean Chicken Chili recipe in the Celebrate cookbook, and a White Lightning Chicken Chili recipe in the Main Dishes cookbook. Again, if you don't have these, maybe you can find someone who does. Also, try www.joycesfinecooking.com They have many of the PC recipes on their website. And of course, I will, or someone on here, will get you the recipes one way or another. That's what we are here for! :D
Hope this helps!

Dawn

Dawn,

Thanks so much for mentioning the chili cards! I do have them b/c of the January guest special! (That's when I had my show!) I put them in my cupboard and haven't looked at them again! Thanks again!

regarding shows for menJust read about wanting ideas for shows for men. I'm thinking about doing a Valentine/Christmas/Mother's Day (not sure which one) shopping show for men. Not sure when to have it though. I know it's not much but hope it helps .
Whitney

1. What types of recipes are included in "Guys' Night In: Ideas for Recipes & Games - Cookie's Request"?

The recipes included in "Guys' Night In" are focused on classic comfort foods and party snacks that are perfect for a night with the guys. Some examples include loaded nachos, buffalo chicken dip, and homemade pizza.

2. Are the recipes in this collection easy to make?

Yes, the recipes in "Guys' Night In" are designed to be easy to make, even for those who are not experienced in the kitchen. They use simple ingredients and have step-by-step instructions to make cooking a breeze.

3. Can these recipes be adapted for dietary restrictions?

While these recipes are not specifically designed for dietary restrictions, many of them can be easily adapted to fit different dietary needs. For example, the loaded nachos can be made with vegan cheese, and the homemade pizza can be made with a gluten-free crust.

4. Are there any healthy options included in this collection?

Yes, "Guys' Night In" includes some healthier options such as a grilled chicken and vegetable skewers and a kale and quinoa salad. These recipes are perfect for those looking for lighter options or for balancing out the indulgent dishes.

5. What types of games are suggested for a "Guys' Night In"?

In addition to the delicious recipes, "Guys' Night In" also includes suggestions for fun and interactive games to play with friends. Some examples include poker night, a game of darts, or a video game tournament. These activities are a great way to add some friendly competition and make the night even more memorable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
magentablue
  • Shell Northway
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Shell Northway
  • phyllisc121
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies