1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Shows CX due to Swine Flu scare

1. meea

meea

Wondering if anyone is getting any CX's from the Swine flu scare? :yuck:

I know of some "employers" actually asking employees to stay away from crowds, etc etc..

Anyone have any good suggestions on how to reply if that concern comes up with the Host. We all want to take precautions of course....and it hasn't come up yet from any Host of mine.....but just wanted to see if anyone has dealt with this yet..

May 4, 2009
  2. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

We have 1 confirmed case in our county, but the media here is blowing it so out of proportion that no one is taking precautions to the extreme. We are just taking it as another strain of flu and we are being more sanitary.

No cancellations for me.

3. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

There has been 1 confirmed Death in the US from the H1N1 virus. The virus continues to spread, but there hasn't been any panic my way and everyone is carrying on a usual. As of today May 4:

US: 286 confirmed cases Canada: 140 confirmed cases

May 4, 2009
  4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

and that 1 death was a little girl from Mexico...who was visiting family in the US.

May 4, 2009
  5. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I know in UT they had a confirmed swine flu and the child has already recovered and is doing well

May 4, 2009
  6. heatherstobbs

heatherstobbs Gold Member

I work in a district in Texas that is closed last week and this week. I have not had cancellations, but I have had one potential host postpone b/c of the stay away from crowds issue... and since I am not currently at work, I could be doing a bunch of shows :)

7. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

It was a little boy visiting in Texas!

May 4, 2009
  8. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

I haven't had any cancellations for that particular reason. We had a confirmed case at the school across the street from us. I was terrified the day it was announced b/c my kids had played on the playground one of the evenings that the child was in school before being diagnosed. I quickly got over it though. The media did an AWEFUL job, blowing it waaaaaaay out of proportion, and to my knowledge, that one little boy (who recovered probably quicker than he would have from the "regular" flu) is the only local case.

My church didn't offer the blood of Christ on Sunday due to a health department request. Other than that, life is "normal" here. Whatever that means!

May 5, 2009
Have something to add?