• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shows Cx Due to Swine Flu Scare

In summary, some employers are asking employees to stay away from crowds and other areas where the Swine Flu might be spreading. Some people have not had any cancellations, but one potential host has postponed a show because of the stay away from crowds issue. There have been 286 cases confirmed in the US and 140 cases confirmed in Canada. One death has been a little girl from Mexico who was visiting family in the US.
meea
Wondering if anyone is getting any CX's from the Swine flu scare? :yuck:

I know of some "employers" actually asking employees to stay away from crowds, etc etc..

Anyone have any good suggestions on how to reply if that concern comes up with the Host. We all want to take precautions of course....and it hasn't come up yet from any Host of mine.....but just wanted to see if anyone has dealt with this yet..

We have 1 confirmed case in our county, but the media here is blowing it so out of proportion that no one is taking precautions to the extreme. We are just taking it as another strain of flu and we are being more sanitary.

No cancellations for me.

There has been 1 confirmed Death in the US from the H1N1 virus. The virus continues to spread, but there hasn't been any panic my way and everyone is carrying on a usual. As of today May 4:

US: 286 confirmed cases Canada: 140 confirmed cases

and that 1 death was a little girl from Mexico...who was visiting family in the US.

I know in UT they had a confirmed swine flu and the child has already recovered and is doing well

I work in a district in Texas that is closed last week and this week. I have not had cancellations, but I have had one potential host postpone b/c of the stay away from crowds issue... and since I am not currently at work, I could be doing a bunch of shows :)

esavvymom said:
and that 1 death was a little girl from Mexico...who was visiting family in the US.

It was a little boy visiting in Texas!

I haven't had any cancellations for that particular reason. We had a confirmed case at the school across the street from us. I was terrified the day it was announced b/c my kids had played on the playground one of the evenings that the child was in school before being diagnosed. I quickly got over it though. The media did an AWEFUL job, blowing it waaaaaaay out of proportion, and to my knowledge, that one little boy (who recovered probably quicker than he would have from the "regular" flu) is the only local case.

My church didn't offer the blood of Christ on Sunday due to a health department request. Other than that, life is "normal" here. Whatever that means!

What precautions is Pampered Chef taking for shows during the swine flu scare?

Pampered Chef is closely monitoring the swine flu situation and following guidelines from health organizations. We are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our consultants and customers, including providing hand sanitizers and encouraging frequent hand washing.

Can I cancel or reschedule my show due to the swine flu scare?

Yes, we understand that some individuals may feel more comfortable postponing or cancelling their shows during this time. Please contact your consultant to discuss options for rescheduling or cancelling your show.

Will there be any changes to the products or demonstrations at shows during the swine flu scare?

No, there will be no changes to our products or demonstrations during this time. Our consultants are trained to follow proper hygiene practices and will continue to do so at all shows.

What if a Pampered Chef consultant or customer has recently traveled to an area with confirmed cases of swine flu?

If a consultant or customer has recently traveled to an area with confirmed cases of swine flu, we ask that they follow the recommended guidelines from health organizations and refrain from attending or hosting shows until they have been cleared by a medical professional.

What happens if a consultant or customer at my show becomes ill with swine flu symptoms?

If someone at your show becomes ill with swine flu symptoms, please contact your consultant and follow the recommended guidelines from health organizations. We ask that you also inform your consultant so they can take appropriate steps to notify other attendees and reschedule the show if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
robbiesmom123
  • kewaters
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies