• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Storage with STG Tote Bags - Tips & Tricks from a Fellow Organizer

R
RachelNguyen
I have the STG tote bag and the tool turnaround bag (which I love!)

I have been considering the rolling tote, but I am thinking that it might be too big and bulky for my small house. (Just hauling it into the basement would be tricky!)

So I am considering buying a secong STG tote bag and I was wondering if anyone had tried using a pair of them? It just seems to me that they would be easy to deal with because you could fold one up and pack it inside the other when you aren't using it. My goal is to be able to keep my trips to the car down to two. Right now, unless I have a table, it is two or three.

Inquiring minds want to know.

PS: I also have a stoneware tote, which I like a lot. (Just figured out today that the large bar pan fits in it! LOL!)

Thanks,
Rachel

Honestly, I don't think you need a second tote. I have the whole show to go system and I do not use the rolling bag any more because of the weight (I put no stones and only small pieces of the SA products in it and it was still heavy) and the fact that so many people have stone driveways and stairs.

I carry the tote (middle bag of the system) and the tool turnabout tote. I also take a crate (you got one with your kit). It is working GREAT! The dirty dishes go in the crate for the way home and the clean products go in the tote. Everything is protected and clean up is easy when I get home. I am trying really hard to bring not much more than I need to shows. I also have a tote bag with paperwork and cookbooks and my laptop.

I will use the rolling crate for fairs and events like that so I am still happy I got it!

Beth,

How do you carry your catelogs, host packs, pens, change etc. Do you get all of that in the crate and #2?!?!

kcjodih said:
Beth,

How do you carry your catelogs, host packs, pens, change etc. Do you get all of that in the crate and #2?!?!
No, I do carry a separate tote for the paperwork. I take a total of 3 totes (Show to go tote, tool turn about tote and a catalog tote with the pens, money bag, etc.), a crate and my laptop but I can get them all in the house in 2 trips and without breaking my back.

I use the rolling case and LOVE it!! I only take one trip from van to house. I use the rolling case, carry-all tote and tool-turnabout tote. I also have a briefcase. I love the rolling case. At 31 weeks pregnant I just cannot imagine having to carry the loaded crate and bag anywhere! I have my husband load the van and I unload at the house which isn't too difficult becuase I have gravity on my side, then when it's time to go I accept all offers of help.

The rolling case is heavy, but I do like the compartments. It makes it easier to transport everything. If I didn't feel a compulsion to show almost everything I could get by with just the rolling case and my briefcase with the red crate in back for my dirties.

I also use the rolling tote and the carry all bag. I don't use my tool turn about though. I can fit almost every thing in the rolling tote. I use the darry all tote for lapboards, host packets, etc. Yes it is heavy but I would rather carry one heavy load in the house in one trip then the crate plus more. Sometimes I do bring the crate for dirty dishes and for extras like if I made brownies or something for the show.

As far as storage goes I keep the rooling tote in my daughter's closet for now.

I love my rolling tote as well. I do not take much more than the recipe requires... the small tools go in the TTA bag, the larger ones in the tote. I put my paperwork, door prizes, pens, laptop, and printer (and cables) in the shoulder tote. It's worked out really well. Having the rolling tote actually forces me to think about what I really need to take.

I take the folding crate and slide it in the back of the rolling tote, and use it to carry home my dirties. I'm one trip on the way in, and 2 on the way out.

I'm finding that the rolling tote is HEAVY! I'm not small, average build. But all my hosts have stairs up to their door, or once I'm in then stairs to their kitchens (about 1/2 dozen). Plus I either find their house is new with gravel driveways and mud for a lawn, or I've been going through slush. The wheels are dirty and I have to wipe them and the legs before I go in the house. I usually bring the rolling tote, shoulder tote, TTA tote and a briefcase.

It was hilarious here yesterday afternoon; after reading Beth's response I pulled EVERYTHING out of my rolling tote in a panic and put it all in my red crate. This was 1/2 hour before I was leaving. Then I took my briefcase and emptied it into my second shoulder tote (I have the full system twice - a consultant didn't want the rolling so I bought it for $30 and then my recruit quit and gave me the TTA tote and shoulder tote free).

So I had two shoulder totes, the TTA tote and my red crate. Great going in; 2 trips like usual but no 'awkward for the stairs' rolling tote, but I sure had a hard time getting it all back in. My dirty dishes were overflowing the red crate. Maybe because I did both the puffs and chicken caesar salad pizza. Lots of batter bowls and mixing bowls - UGH!!

SO I still had four items but not that darn heavy one on wheels. I think I'll try it this way a few more times and see what I think since I usually only do one recipe. If it works out, I'll keep the two rolling ones for fairs.Thanks Beth for the idea!

I too have been leaving my rolling tote at home because of the weight and the stairs. I do love having it for fairs but I've been trying to condense down my items so it doesn't seem like a huge production to do a show and it's not as much packing for me! The last two shows I took only what I was using plus the smaller items from the new products and one help whip cancer mug and plate. I try to look at what the next month or two specials are and put those in or one of the options if there is choice. Sales have been just the same with less work so I'm going to keep at it for a while. One of my things that really weighs down is the cookbooks. What is everyone doing with those? Do you bring none, one or two or the whole collection?

Michele

1. What are the benefits of using STG tote bags for storage?

The STG tote bags are designed specifically for organizing and maximizing storage space. They are made with durable materials and have multiple compartments and pockets to help keep items organized. Additionally, they are lightweight and easy to carry, making them convenient for use in different areas of the house or for travel.

2. Can the STG rolling tote be too big and bulky for a small house?

It depends on the size of your house and your storage needs. The rolling tote is larger than the regular STG tote bags, so if you have limited space, it may not be the best option. However, it does have the benefit of being able to hold more items and can be easily rolled from place to place.

3. Has anyone tried using two STG tote bags at once?

Yes, some people have found success using two STG tote bags simultaneously. This allows for more storage space and the option to pack one tote inside the other when not in use. It can also help reduce the number of trips to and from the car when traveling with items.

4. How can the STG tote bag help with organization?

The STG tote bag has multiple compartments and pockets, making it easy to sort and store different items. This can help keep your items organized and easily accessible. Additionally, the tote bag's design allows for items to be stacked on top of each other without creating a mess, maximizing storage space.

5. Are there other STG products that can be used for storage?

Yes, in addition to the tote bags, STG also offers other storage solutions such as the tool turnaround bag and stoneware tote. These products are designed with organization and convenience in mind and can be used in combination with the tote bags for even more storage options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
Marg
  • hmolah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies