• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will offering a lower spend amount for the guest special increase sales?

In summary, the conversation revolved around various ideas to increase sales and bookings for the month of August. One person shared a flyer they created with guest specials and another mentioned offering a "Picks" basket for customers who spent $60 or more. The conversation also touched on the commission rates and how the saute pan special could help with earning points for Pan-o-rama. There were also suggestions to add the saute pan to the host's order as a freebie and to potentially lower the amount customers need to spend in order to receive the special offer. Overall, the conversation focused on ways to promote purchasing cookware and increase sales and bookings.
ivykeep
Gold Member
This came as a plain flyer, so I jazzed it up a bit and added the knives for August so I can do all the guest specials on one place.

I like that it can increase my show totals by giving a price point incentive and the Saute pan special will go towards Pan-o-rama!

Attachments

• Today's Show Specials.pdf
    145.5 KB · Views: 348
  • Today's show Specials.doc
    400 KB · Views: 360
How much is that all costing you in the end? (I am awful with #s)

I did a "Picks" basket for anyone who spent $60 or more at my show last weekend. I filled a small dots bowls with small items like:
nylon scrapers
twixit clips
dill samples (from years ago)
BBQ rubs
Bamboo tongs
etc

and anyone who spent $60 or more got to pick something. I was amazed at how many people picked nylon scrapers rather than the more expensive items!

dannyzmom said:
and anyone who spent $60 or more got to pick something. I was amazed at how many people picked nylon scrapers rather than the more expensive items!
It's because they're so useful, and people don't pay attention to how inexpensive they are. :)

I like this idea although I am looking for ideas so promote purchasing cookware - Although the 1/2 price saute pan is a nice incentive and earns points

Guest order: $100
Retail pan: 38
Total retail: 138
Guest pays: 119
Cons. covers: 1920% commission: 27.60
22% commission: 30.36
24% commission: 33.12
25% commission: 34.50So even if you're at the 20% commission mark, you're still making 8.60 on this sale. Plus getting 38 points for Pan-o-Rama. And trip points.

Thanks for the Math Ann:) Your sure are on top of things.

Thank you Ivy - great idea. I am going to use yours to hopefully elevate my sales in August.

Hmmmm, I really like that special idea. I don't have many shows this month (or as many as usual), so that may be a way to rack up more Pan-a-Rama points.

Anyone have any other ideas out there??? I may just try this for the other three shows I have this month. I had one show August 1st but nobody bought cookware, despite making the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake as one of the recipes. However, the host is contemplating signing up, so that would be cool!:)

I would add the saute pan to the hosts order, get her discount minus your commission.

That is a good idea to add the saute pan to their order as an extra freebie. I might have to do that.

Great flyers!! But, I think I'll add a booking as a requirement. Something like, "Order $100 and book a show, and get a saute pan 1/2 off."

I might try it in my two shows this week!

DebbieJ said:
I would add the saute pan to the hosts order, get her discount minus your commission.
Just make sure that doesn't change the "level" of freebies for your host!

DebbieJ said:

But what about a receipt for that person. They wouldn't have one then.

Chef_2_Four said:
But what about a receipt for that person. They wouldn't have one then.
That would be my concern too, especially because it's a lifetime guarantee item. I personally would just eat the extra $$$ so the customer could have this item on her receipt.

pamperedbecky said:
That would be my concern too, especially because it's a lifetime guarantee item. I personally would just eat the extra $$$ so the customer could have this item on her receipt.

That is a great idea...I would do the same thing....:D

pamperedbecky said:

That is what I will do...I think it would be different if it had no warranty or a 1 yr. You only save $9.50, I know it's money but you will be making commission off of it too, like Ann had mentioned.

I love the guest special idea. I have found in my last few shows people weren't spending as much, do you think this will encourage them to spend 100 to get the saute pan at 1/2 price??? Would it be bad to lower the amount they need to spend??? Maybe to $80??? I really want to earn lots of the cookware...any ideas???

I love this idea too - why not offer it all months of the pan-o-rama!
I think I'm going to "borrow" this idea for my booth at the Fall Fesival in October! They always love a bargain there!

Last edited:
amerrigan said:
I love the guest special idea. I have found in my last few shows people weren't spending as much, do you think this will encourage them to spend 100 to get the saute pan at 1/2 price??? Would it be bad to lower the amount they need to spend??? Maybe to $80??? I really want to earn lots of the cookware...any ideas???

If you do the math (thanks Ann!), you would be making less on the order, but if you think that a lower amount would encourage more guests to purchase, you could try...

Guest order: $80
Retail pan: 38
Total retail: 118
Guest pays: 99
Cons. covers: 19

20% commission: 23.60 - 19 = 4.60
22% commission: 25.96 - 19 = 6.96
24% commission: 28.32 - 19 = 9.32
25% commission: 29.50 - 19 = 10.50

1. What is the "Show Special Idea From My Ned" promotion?

The "Show Special Idea From My Ned" promotion is a limited-time offer where customers who attend a Pampered Chef show can receive a special discount on select products.

2. How can I take advantage of the "Show Special Idea From My Ned" promotion?

To take advantage of the "Show Special Idea From My Ned" promotion, you must attend a Pampered Chef show and make a purchase of a qualifying product during the specified time period.

3. What products are included in the "Show Special Idea From My Ned" promotion?

The specific products included in the "Show Special Idea From My Ned" promotion may vary, but typically it will be a selection of our most popular and highly rated items.

4. Can I combine the "Show Special Idea From My Ned" promotion with other discounts or offers?

No, the "Show Special Idea From My Ned" promotion cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers. It is a standalone promotion available only to customers who attend a Pampered Chef show.

5. Is there a limit to how many times I can use the "Show Special Idea From My Ned" promotion?

The "Show Special Idea From My Ned" promotion can only be used once per customer during the specified time period. Any subsequent purchases will not be eligible for the special discount.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • Leigh0725
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies