• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried using a recipe/product list notebook for show prep?

In summary, the conversation discusses a suggestion from a director to create a recipe/product list notebook in order to be more efficient at preparing for a show. The suggested system involves using a 3 ring binder with sheet protectors, with one side containing a copy of the recipe and the other side listing the necessary products. The person asking for advice has already started setting up this system and is looking for input from others who may have experience with it. They also offer to share some of their own recipes, and another person mentions their own method of using a spiral notebook to list products needed for each recipe. The original poster thanks them and also shares some resources they used in the past for this system.
sueleeskitchen
In an effort to be more efficient at prepping for a show, a director suggested I put together a recipe/product list notebook. Use a 3 ring binder with sheet protectors. One side would have a copy of the recipe. The back side would be a list of the products needed to make the recipe. Does anyone use this system? I'm setting one up, but would rather not reinvent the wheel! If you use this system and have documents, I would appreciate your thoughts. I've got the mandarin chicken pasta salad, fajitas, and a few others made up if anyone would like to use them. Thanks!

I've done this for many years. I use a spiral notebook and write the products needed on the front page and staple the recipe to the back. Over the years, as new products have been introduced and others retired, tools for recipes have been whited out and changed. This helps me remember everything that needs to be packed (from the smallest item to the biggest) to prepare that recipe. I take the recipe and go through it (in detail in my head) and write down all the items I'll need. This includes small tools and serving pieces. A recipe does not make it into my book unless it's getting demonstrated.

Here are some I used to use. When starting out, they were very helpful to me. As I wanted to keep changing recipes, it was too hard to keep doing these. But if you can use these, great! (Keep in mind, these are pretty old, so I have not updated the products or removed discontinued ones.)

Attachments

• Demo_BananaSplitBrowniePizza.doc
    63 KB · Views: 500
  • Demo_Bries_Pepper_BrownSugar.doc
    63.5 KB · Views: 480
  • Demo_HamandCheeseBrunchSquares.doc
    63.5 KB · Views: 466
  • Demo_MiniHamPuffs.doc
    68.5 KB · Views: 435
Thanks Kathleen! I'll take what I can get :)

sueleeskitchen said:
In an effort to be more efficient at prepping for a show, a director suggested I put together a recipe/product list notebook. Use a 3 ring binder with sheet protectors. One side would have a copy of the recipe. The back side would be a list of the products needed to make the recipe. Does anyone use this system? I'm setting one up, but would rather not reinvent the wheel! If you use this system and have documents, I would appreciate your thoughts. I've got the mandarin chicken pasta salad, fajitas, and a few others made up if anyone would like to use them. Thanks!
Can you post those?? Thanks for sharing!

What is a Show Prep Recipe/Product List and why is it important?

A Show Prep Recipe/Product List is a list of recipes and products that will be featured during a Pampered Chef party. It is important because it helps the consultant stay organized and prepared for the party, and also allows guests to have an idea of what will be demonstrated and available for purchase.

How do I create a Show Prep Recipe/Product List?

To create a Show Prep Recipe/Product List, first decide on the recipes and products you want to feature. Then, list them in a logical order and include any additional notes or tips for each item. You can use a template provided by Pampered Chef or create your own list using a spreadsheet or word processing program.

Can I customize the Show Prep Recipe/Product List for my specific party?

Yes, you can definitely customize the Show Prep Recipe/Product List to fit your specific party and audience. You can choose recipes and products that you think will appeal to your guests and also adjust the list based on any special requests or dietary restrictions.

Do I need to follow the Show Prep Recipe/Product List exactly during the party?

No, the Show Prep Recipe/Product List is simply a guideline and can be adjusted as needed during the party. You may need to make substitutions or changes based on the availability of ingredients or products, or if a guest has a specific request. The most important thing is to be flexible and have fun!

Is it necessary to have a Show Prep Recipe/Product List for every party?

Yes, it is highly recommended to have a Show Prep Recipe/Product List for every party. It helps you stay organized and ensures that you have everything you need for the demonstration. Plus, it allows guests to know what to expect and get excited about the products and recipes being featured.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • morgieloo88
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
EmilyStraw
  • ChefAggi