• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Football Fun & Food: Tips for Hosting a Successful Open House

In summary, my friend wants to hold a show on a football game day, but is worried about people being distracted and looking like a distraction. He suggests a demo where he doesn't necessarily do a demo, but has some food and tools out for people to see. Others suggest a tailgating show or halftime show where he offers food and drinks.
AJPratt
Silver Member
A friend of mine wants to hold a show on a football game day. he said that I could do my demo and people could come and eat and watch the game. Thing is, I don't want people to be distracted by the game from watching me and I don't want to look like a distraction either. I was thinking about some sort of "open house" where I don't necesarily do a demo, but have some PC recipe munchies out and display some tools. Any suggestions for making this successful?

Games typically start at 1pm on Sunday, so schedule your demo for noon. That way, people will pay attention to your demo without missing the game. Most women don't watch football anyway so while the men are catching the first quarter, the women can place their orders.

What about trying a tailgating show? Even though you aren't actually tailgating, make some of the same kinds of food you would make if you really were in a parking lot outside the stadium.

Halftime?How about have some munchies ready for halftime and have your stuff displayed and talk about the products then. I would concentrate on the higher priced stuff like stoneware.

Thanks for the great ideas!

half time!I like the idea of a half time show, since everyone would already be there anyway. And if you have some munchies set out ahead of time, it will whet their appetites! :) Plus, I know alot of women who ARE into foot ball, and might be offended if you assume that they are not. However, I for one, would be drooling over the pampered chef catalog during the game!!
I like this idea, I think I will offer it to my hosts-thanks! :D

PCAbby said:
Plus, I know alot of women who ARE into foot ball, and might be offended if you assume that they are not.
Thanks for thinking of me! I wouldn't be offended, but there's no way I could focus on a PC demo during the game.

1. What types of snacks and appetizers should I serve at a football-themed open house?

For a successful open house, it's important to have a variety of finger foods and snacks that are easy for guests to eat while watching the game. Some popular options include chips and dip, wings, sliders, and mini hot dogs. You can also get creative with football-shaped desserts and themed cocktails.

2. How can I decorate my home for a football-themed open house?

There are many ways to add a touch of football decor to your home for an open house. You can hang banners and streamers in your team's colors, set up a football-themed table centerpiece, and use football-shaped serving dishes. You can also display team memorabilia and set up a TV or projector to watch the game.

3. How can I make sure there's enough food for all of my guests?

The key to ensuring enough food for a football-themed open house is to plan ahead and have a variety of options. It's always better to have more food than not enough. You can also ask guests to bring a dish to share, potluck-style, to take some of the pressure off of yourself.

4. What are some fun activities to incorporate into a football-themed open house?

In addition to watching the game, there are several fun activities you can incorporate into a football-themed open house. You can have a friendly betting pool for the game, set up a DIY photo booth with props, or have a football-themed trivia game during commercial breaks.

5. How can I make sure my open house is a success?

To ensure a successful football-themed open house, it's important to plan ahead, have enough food and drinks, and create a fun and welcoming atmosphere for your guests. You can also encourage guests to RSVP so you have an idea of how many people to expect. And most importantly, have fun and enjoy the game with your friends and family!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • gtrchic05
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies