• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reflecting on Last Night's Show: Challenges and Lessons Learned

In summary, the show hostess was unhappy with the turnout and low sales. The show format wasn't as great as she thought it would be.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm thinking back to my show last night and just trying to see what maybe I could've done different. This is one of those shows where I wonder if no matter what I did, I'd have the same result--small but decent turn out and LOW sales.

I haven't had a show this low in a REALLY long time. I left the party with barely a qualifying show. The host is super nice and has been through A LOT lately. I was glad she didn't just cancel the show, too, because at the last minute we had to change the location due to a sewage problem in her house. I know she was really trying to gather orders and get people to come. But a lot of people said they don't have the money. She tried to get people to book but they all said they don't host things. She seemed to feel defeated. With all the stress she had going on, this was just one more thing. I felt so bad for her.

She's going to check in with other people and try to bring in more outside orders. She had 5 guests and 4 outside orders at the beginning of the night. But one girl left early, just ordered 2 small things. Another stayed the whole time but didn't order a thing and doesn't want to host. Another stayed the whole time, but didn't order yet. She plans to order a few things but is waiting till Friday, pay day. And she's going to check in with a friend who was supposed to come w/ her but got sick at the last minute. Another one ordered just a few things and plans to host, but is going to wait till January or so. All the outside orders were small, too.

I did a Chicken Your Way show. I had the bread w/ dipping oils, and the mom hated the oil. Each person liked a different one. So when it was time for them to pick a rub, 3 of them wanted to try the oil dipping seasonings instead. But then they didn't like them on the chicken when it was done. We served a basic bagged salad in the bamboo bowl and I also made the Warm Choc. PB cake in the DCB. They liked the cake. One girl was a vegetarian and 2 were diabetic. I did ask the host before hand if we had any food allergies or anything to work around. She only said to avoid things w/ bananas. So I felt like the food just was okay and nothing that great. I feel like I didn't demo much. She bought chicken tenders, so I didn't need to use the meat tenderizer, either.

The set up was tricky. It's hard to describe the layout, but basically they sat on couches while I was behind a counter that was like a window to them. So I was in "presentation" stance. I got them to come up to sample the food and pick out their rubs, but that's about as involved as they got. They were all "family" and very relaxed. I think they had a nice time, but I just feel like I did a "blah" show for them.

I asked the host later what she thought of the show format. She didn't sound excited in her voice, but she said she like it and mentioned a lot of reasons why. She had such a headache going on, so that could explain a lot, too.

I just wonder if the CYW show isn't the best thing for me. I guess I'll try it again. Maybe it just depends on the group. Maybe no matter what I made, I'd still have the same results.

Oh, and they hadn't been to a show in YEARS! So I figured they'd all be excited to see all the new stuff. But they were thinking that they already own everything. :(

We all have shows like this every once in a while. Don't beat yourself up over it!It sounds like the set up didn't help you at all. That physical separation stands in the way of connecting with your guests.Chin up--your next show will be better!

You never know how it will end... The show I did this past Friday had 2 guests.
the show didn't make $150.. She was upset of the low turn out and for me doing the show with just 2 guests. the hostess said she wanted to keep it open an exrta couple of days, she got on the phone and as of this morning her party is now at $550.
she said she has 2 more people going to order.. Now she's very happy with her party. This is the 3rd party she's had with me, she's always had small parties.. till this one..

I left a show with only $127 and had it end up over $1100. You never can tell. My hostess sold what she loved: large round stone, ice cream dipper and the citrus peeler

My only suggestion would be to not let them pick the rub and just use a rub that will be great on the chicken (e.g., citrus and basil is really good). The issue with the oil and rub could be it didn't have enough time to "get together". I will usually do a dipping oil mixture before eveyone arrives and by the time they start trying it, about 20 minutes has passed. I feel your pain and I know you feel a little discouraged. I have to also say the circumstances (changing locations, set up of kitchen) didn't help the show either. We've all had bad shows. I think a few of us could write a book....call it "The Trials and Tribulations of a Pampered Chef Consultant and Why the House Burned Down!" of something along those lines. Chin up. It just means the next show will be a "hit"!

Not every show "theme" is a hit with every host or every consultant, for that matter. We tried "chicken your way" at a sales meeting, and we all decided that we wouldn't probably ever do it at a show...took way too long, in our opinion!

I say, listen to everyone's advice, then follow your gut instinct, whatever feels right to you. If you don't enjoy a theme, you probably won't like doing it, either, and your guests may pick up the "vibes" from it.
I highly doubt you did anything "wrong" here, it just didn't seem like they found a "wow" factor in this one. Others are right, the next show/group of guests will most likely have a different take on it.
Hang in there, today is a new day, after all!

My ED does the Chicken Your Way show and has people buying the grill pan and press and other small items as a set at EVERY show. I don't know how she does it because the CYW show TERRIFIES me, even though we have been over how to do it several times I have no desire to attempt it. I do not cook my chicken on the stove. I may start it out there, but I always finish it off in the oven. I am terrified to cook chicken on a stive for fear that the chicken will not be done and I will look like an idiot if it's not and I have to keep cooking. So no CYW for me.

Yes, don't beat yourself up over a show, it's not your fault. We all have those shows. I had one the other night where I felt like no one was listening and I was totally off my game. I drew a blank completely and stumbled over everything. It didn't help that I had set up in the kitchen and no one wanted to travel there... they all wanted to hang out in the living room, so I kept running back and forth! I walked out with decent sales, almost $500, and one booking. The gal booked a martini show and said she loved my presentation... duh what, cause I know I sucked that night! That was a Friday night show... then I had another show on Sunday and it was the complete opposite. I rocked it and people paid attention and sales ended up at 996.92 (I have P3 up right now cause we're about to close her show) but no bookings. Best laid plans, but we can't always control what happens... and jla8279 is right! Your next one will be a hit!

Yep, they happen. My Tuesday show didn't qualify when I left, though I have a very motivated host. She will be collecting orders up until we close. You never know what's going to connect with people. Plus, you never know what some people are really thinking. I've done shows that I thought were flops but the comments were all very, very positive on the survey slips.That reminds me. I did a shower on Sunday. (I rarely do Sunday shows, but I make exceptions for the occasional shower.) One of the survey slips had several complimentary statements about me and the way I did the shower. Smack dab in the middle of those was, "Pity the products are too expensive." I laughed out loud when I read it. People are funny.

What is a "Show Last Night"?

"Show Last Night" refers to a Pampered Chef virtual or in-person party hosted by a consultant where guests can learn about our products and try delicious recipes.

How do I RSVP for a "Show Last Night"?

To RSVP for a "Show Last Night", you can contact the consultant who invited you to the party or visit their personal Pampered Chef website to RSVP online.

What can I expect at a "Show Last Night"?

At a "Show Last Night", you can expect to learn about our products, watch cooking demonstrations, try samples, and have the opportunity to purchase Pampered Chef items at a discounted price.

Do I have to buy something at a "Show Last Night"?

There is no obligation to purchase anything at a "Show Last Night". However, if you do decide to purchase Pampered Chef products, you can take advantage of special discounts and offers only available at the party.

Can I host my own "Show Last Night"?

Absolutely! As a Pampered Chef host, you can earn free and discounted products by hosting your own "Show Last Night" and inviting friends and family to learn about our products. Contact a consultant to learn more about hosting a party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AnnieBee
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies