• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hostess Show-in-a-Box: Fun Ideas for Catalog Parties!

In summary, this person created a cooking show in a box where the hostess gets a bag of sample scents from a Scentsy catalog. They also include recruiting materials and a cover letter. There are also other ideas that could be implemented, such as a dollar store gift idea, bundling recipe cards, or giving a "recipe rebate".
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I saw this idea in another thread..... and I wanted to know if anyone has any super cute idea's for a show in a box. I want to promote catalog partys but I want to make it fun for the hostess but sort of drawing a blank at this point in time.

Thanks in advance!

I've done a few. I purchase plates, napkins, utensils in colors that people would like. I get them at the dollar store (or anywhere its cheaper than that). I also add a Season's Best so the person has the latest one since I give them to my cooking show hosts. There are catalogs, order forms, and specials. I may through a twix it clip or something like that in too for a drawing if they are having people over.

You could add a bingo card for them to fill out and tray and win the SB or something.

Are you referring more to what Scentsy does - where they give their catalog show host a bag of sample scents to help bring in orders?

Without saying Scentsy I was ! I want my host to feel like they are getting pampered even if I am not in their kitchen!! I can't remeber which thread but someone was talking about it on here about talking about a Show in a box and they did something really cute for catalog shows!!!

Totally inappropriate here, but did you ever see the Christmas skit on Saturday Night Live with Justin Timberlake @ "D**k in a box"? lol everytime I read the title of this thread I start singing it in my head. Youtube it if you haven't seen it, just be sure your kids aren't around!

btw Leah, I've been trying to find you on facebook - lot's of Leah Cox's out there! and you aren't listed with either of the email addresses I have for you. Send me a friend request, I'm listed at Linda Haworth Child. Missed you and glad you are back!

pamperedlinda said:
Totally inappropriate here, but did you ever see the Christmas skit on Saturday Night Live with Justin Timberlake @ "D**k in a box"?

That is one of the most HILARIOUS skits!

SO you guys can totally ad me on facebook however I am not searchable... so if you would like me to add you just let me know and I will search for you!!!

HAHA Linda that is totally funny!!!!

Thanks for the link.... I was hoping we could generate some idea's that would be fun way to market catalog parties.... :)

I'm the one that did the "Party in a Box". I didn't know Scentsy did it, I just do those "House Party" shows all the time where you get to have friends over to try new products and that's where I got the idea. You could really do some creative things with this idea for example:

1. Offering it at shows as an added incentive for hesitant hosts with a "deadline" of 1 week.

2. Bring a sample "box" to your shows with what comes in it as a display (don't forget to include the recruiting materials) and decorate the box really cute.

3. Be sure to use a cover letter with a list of what's in the box and instructions. (I'll attach mine if you want a starter letter).

4. The dollar store idea is great, supply the paper goods if you can afford to.

5. Bundle up 3-4 Recipe cards in a nice ribbon with a "thank you" card attached and let her know if she has a $1000 show, you'll give her a "recipe rebate" and she can send you the reciept for her ingredients and you'll rebate her the money in either a check or additional product value.

The list goes on and on. I really like the party in a box, it makes a regular catalog show seem more fun. And it really shows the host how easy and fun our job is. :)

Attachments

• Welcome to the Party.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 818
GENIUS!!!
GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS!!!!!

I'm trying to think of how I could make this work for me, but I think this is GENIUS!!! I've done the House Party thing too and I'm wondering how I can make this work for me.

That's the reason I loved it so much!!! I know Scentsy Consultant's do something called a "basket party" and it's really cute I have a couple of friends who sell it . ( NOT PROMOTING SCENTSY) But I thought wait a second their on to something here how can we make it work for PC host who jsut dont' have time for cooking shows!! Or when you want to drop off a basket of goodies for pampereing a business!!! I LOVE IT!!

ChefKelebel said:
I'm the one that did the "Party in a Box". I didn't know Scentsy did it, I just do those "House Party" shows all the time where you get to have friends over to try new products and that's where I got the idea. You could really do some creative things with this idea for example:

1. Offering it at shows as an added incentive for hesitant hosts with a "deadline" of 1 week.

2. Bring a sample "box" to your shows with what comes in it as a display (don't forget to include the recruiting materials) and decorate the box really cute.

3. Be sure to use a cover letter with a list of what's in the box and instructions. (I'll attach mine if you want a starter letter).

5. Bundle up 3-4 Recipe cards in a nice ribbon with a "thank you" card attached and let her know if she has a $1000 show, you'll give her a "recipe rebate" and she can send you the reciept for her ingredients and you'll rebate her the money in either a check or additional product value.

The list goes on and on. I really like the party in a box, it makes a regular catalog show seem more fun. And it really shows the host how easy and fun our job is. :)

I TOTALLY LOVE THE LETTER!!!! Thank you for sharing!

ChefKelebel said:

Do you have the fun facts FAQ before during and after sheet you include?

This is awesome! I love the letter and email too. I think I will send out that email to my out of state friends and family! That will definitely help get more points if anyone bites! And I'd love to recruit any of them!

That skit is hysterical!

ChefKelebel said:

Super great idea! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see the fun fact sheet and FAQ's too.

Quick question: They prepare a recipe...using whose tools? How do you go about lending tools if they're at a distance?

Thanks!

1. What is a Hostess Show-in-a-Box?

A Hostess Show-in-a-Box is a convenient and fun way to host a Pampered Chef party without the need for a physical gathering. It is a collection of our top-selling products, catalogs, order forms, and party games that can be shipped directly to the hostess to share with friends and family.

2. How do I get a Hostess Show-in-a-Box?

Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and express your interest in hosting a party. They will be able to provide you with all the details and help you select the products and games to include in your Show-in-a-Box.

3. How many guests can I invite to a Hostess Show-in-a-Box party?

There is no limit to the number of guests you can invite to a Hostess Show-in-a-Box party. You can share the catalog and order forms with as many people as you'd like, and your consultant will be available to assist with any questions or orders.

4. Is there a minimum order requirement for a Hostess Show-in-a-Box party?

No, there is no minimum order requirement for a Hostess Show-in-a-Box party. However, the hostess can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from the party, so it is encouraged to invite friends and family to place orders.

5. Can I earn hostess rewards with a Hostess Show-in-a-Box party?

Yes, as a hostess, you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your Hostess Show-in-a-Box party. Your consultant can provide you with all the details and help you maximize your rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Alicia Denman
  • Alicia Messenger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies