• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did the Pampered Chef Bridal Shower Turn Into a Discount Party?

Instead of saving them money, you were helpful to the point of hurting yourself... (been there, done that,
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I did a bridal shower yesterday. About 5 of the bridesmaids wanted to go in together and get a double burner griddle (part of her wish list). I mentioned that they should wait and use that as a half price item. Only problem, the sales so far without the griddle is barely over $150. Another member of the family wanted to get her the ice bucket set. I told her she could use it as the host bonus. I thought with 12 people there it would be a big show. Half of them didn't even place an order. The other half that did mostly only ordered a brides gift and nothing for themselves. I should have just kept quiet.

Instead of saving them money, you were helpful to the point of hurting yourself... (been there, done that, printed and sold the T-shirts.) Go back to those who didn't order and ask when they'd like to schedule their own show to get some items for free and half price!

I did get 3 bookings.

We all do that.....I have done it quite a bit, and most times it's a good thing and provides awesome customer service which in turn results in customer loyalty.

I would simply call the girls who wanted to purchase the griddle and explain that it doesn't look like you'll be hitting sales to earn a half price item. You can then ask if they're still interested in purchasing the gift so that the bride can get it and be ecstatic.

For the one who wanted to purchase the ice bucket set....maybe you can call and ask if she wanted to buy something else off the wishlist with the 20 dollars you saved her.

HTH

Congrats on the bookings! Also, know that you willing to help save customer money was noticed by everyone, and it was appreciated. They'll also recount it to others. =)

Can't she still get the Ice Bucket set as the Host Special if it's at $150?? You only have to meet the show minimum to get those specials...it's just the Apron that has to be above $550 in sales.

Yes, she can. I meant in addition to the ice bucket set since she had planned on sending close to $40.

It's ok Chef Bobby. We all goof up sometimes. ;) But your heart was in the right place, you were trying to take care of the customers. Congrats on 3 bookings!! That is awesome! I have yet to get more than 2 bookings at a show. :p

I hate to say it, but I'm at the point that I don't want to offer the 1/2 price items or host specials to anyone except the bride and maybe the host because people want to wait and buy those at the reduced price and then I can't get the guest sales high enough to qualify for the 1/2 price item. At my last shower out of five people that ordered, two were past hosts and they let their friends order with them so they got the PHD too... We had a hard time getting to the $300 mark for a half-price item. After holding the shower open for 11 dayd we got up to the $300 mark, but barely. Not all showers go this way I know, but I'm rethinking of offering it to everyone. Oh, this shower was suppose to have 17 guests and only 7 seven showed up...

I never offer the half off or the host specials to anyone but the bride or the host. I figure if the bride doesn't get a big item off her wishlist then she can use her half off item to get it then and a lot of my brides get money in cards rather then orders so that helps them to not have to pay for their 1/2 off items. I guess I've never even thought to offer it to a guest since its not their "party". Good luck though...hopefully the bridesmaids will still want to chip in and get her the DBG.

Whatever did happen, Chef Bobby?

1. What is the "Show Hurts by Showing Discounts" technique?

The "Show Hurts by Showing Discounts" technique is a sales strategy where the consultant strategically offers discounts or special deals during a Pampered Chef party to create a sense of urgency and encourage guests to make purchases.

2. How does the "Show Hurts by Showing Discounts" technique benefit me as a host?

As a host, using the "Show Hurts by Showing Discounts" technique can help you earn more host rewards by increasing the total sales of your party. It also creates a more exciting and engaging shopping experience for your guests.

3. Can I use this technique during my online Pampered Chef party?

Yes, the "Show Hurts by Showing Discounts" technique can also be applied to online parties. As a consultant, you can offer limited-time discounts or flash sales to create a sense of urgency and encourage guests to make purchases.

4. Are there any tips for effectively using the "Show Hurts by Showing Discounts" technique?

Yes, it's important to use this technique strategically and not offer discounts too frequently or too early in the party. Make sure to also communicate the value of the products and the limited-time nature of the discounts to create a sense of urgency.

5. Can I still make a profit as a consultant using the "Show Hurts by Showing Discounts" technique?

Yes, as a consultant, you can still make a profit while using the "Show Hurts by Showing Discounts" technique. The key is to carefully plan and strategize which products to offer discounts on and to make sure the discounts do not exceed your profit margin.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
  • kayleigh