• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Entertaining Ideas for Senior Citizens: Show for a Local Senior Center

In summary, the Director of a local senior citizens center has booked a show with HWC for during the day in May. They are mostly senior citizens, and the guests will mostly be interested in cooking and eating traditional foods. Suggestions for promoting the show and products would be appreciated.
Hi! I've just booked a show with the Director of a local senior citizens center. The show is booked for during the day in May at the center and the guests will mostly be senior citizens. This is NOT a nursing home or assisted living home, but a social place for them to gather, etc. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever done a show for a more "mature" group....ideas for possible recipes, themes, products to promote, etc., would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

I have a fundraiser on Sunday and the host said that alot of the guests will be senior citizens. She requested that I bring the jar opener which I always do anyway. Things like that. Altho we want to promote the higher priced cookware, the small saute pans are perfect size for one or two people and that with a scraper is nice to have. Tell them they can scramble their eggs with hardly any clean-up involved! Remember too that they are probably more "traditional" in what they eat. On Sunday, they have requested the Chicken-Broccoli braid. As I think of more ideas, I will post!
Oh - I just noticed you are booked for May - be sure to promote the HWC products.

Last edited:
The small stoneware piecesAre great for one or two person households, and the prep bowls are great for small amounts of left overs and snacks, mini cakes, egg muffin sandwiches, etc.

Definitely mention the micro cookers. Ice cream scoop is so easy to use. Small Chillzanne bowl for picnics, trips.

Mention they would want at least one larger piece of stoneware for when the family visits...rectangle baker or bar pan.

Those are off the top of my head. I use most of these "ideas" when I have older people, or people I know who are single, living in a dorm, etc.

I have also attached the "But I hate to Cook" flyer, that mentions products that might appeal to those who are beyond doing major cooking for themselves!

Attachments

• But I don't cook.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 634
This is a great idea. My grandma is part of a senior center and she always is talking about how certain people come in and talk. I wonder who to get a hold of for something like this.

I've done three Dessert parties at our local Senior high rise Community. They
surprised me by buying gifts such as Stainless Steel Bowl set for a daughter as
a thanks for all the hauling around she had done. Another bought the Bar B-Q set for a Son as a thank you for his assistance. She was my hostess last June and bought it with the hostess bonus. Some will buy the towels and lotions, or soap dispenser; small bar pan for reheating leftovers from restaurant meals. I myself am a Senior Citizen, and would simply say that we
have more discretionary money than younger folks who are still supporting young families. Don't be afraid to show the quality stuff we have, and suggest it as Shower and Bridal gifts. You might even pick up a few registry candidates because Grandma suggests it to them.

Salt & Pepper Mill is good for the elder too. Fresh tasting pepper without them having to try to hold and grind at the same time. One hand operation, or perhaps two for the really weak strengthed individuals.
I'd work in a game of Bingo also. The product names in each square, or have them fill in their own card with names, then begin the game with the products you use, etc.

1. What is a "Show for Senior Citizens"?

A "Show for Senior Citizens" is a Pampered Chef cooking demonstration and party specifically designed for senior citizens. It offers a fun and interactive way for seniors to learn about our products and try out delicious recipes.

2. How long does a "Show for Senior Citizens" typically last?

A "Show for Senior Citizens" usually lasts around 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the group and the number of recipes being prepared. We want to make sure our senior guests have plenty of time to socialize and enjoy the experience.

3. Are there any special accommodations for seniors at these shows?

Yes, we take into consideration any special needs or accommodations for our senior guests. We can provide seating with back support, larger font on recipe cards, and a slower pace during the demonstration. Let us know if you or your guests have any specific requests.

4. Can guests purchase Pampered Chef products at a "Show for Senior Citizens"?

Absolutely! Our "Show for Senior Citizens" is not only a fun event, but also a great opportunity for guests to purchase our high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets. We offer special discounts and promotions for our senior guests as well.

5. Can guests bring a friend or family member to the "Show for Senior Citizens"?

Yes, we welcome guests to bring along a friend or family member to our "Show for Senior Citizens." The more the merrier! Just make sure to let us know how many guests you will be bringing so we can plan accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • ChefDella
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies