• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making the Most of a Work-Related Show: Tips and Ideas

In summary, the hostess is doing a show for her coworkers to support them. She said she is inviting some non-work people, but it doesn't sound like a lot. The group is concerned about how to handle the show because they don't want to see a recipe demo. The hostess told them in a joking way that she expects them to at least watch a margarita demo in the Quick-Stir pitcher. How should the host work with this group? The guests will pick up on the vibe you give off, so have fun and things will be fine.
msmileyface
Hi friends, I am doing a show for some coworkers. The hostess seems to want to do the show to support me and just have a get together after work. She said she is inviting some non-work people, but it doesn't sound like a lot. I am just concerned about how to handle it because they don't really want to see a recipe demo. They want to hang out and eat and drink. I told them in a joking way that I expect them to at least watch a margarita demo in the QSP. How should I work with this group? I know them all well and they will probably be heckling me in a good natured way. However I don't think I can expect them to be quiet! Any suggestions on how to make the most of my sales at this show? I was going to make fajitas and 'ritas..

Just have fun. Do your thing. You can't control what they buy, but you can make sure they enjoy themselves. That's my philosophy, anyway.

I've done a show like this, they wanted an "after hours" party. The host asked me to come make something ahead of time. So, I did. I treated it like a show, made the food first before they got there, then spoke about the items I used as they were all eating. I made a point of handing out the catalogs and order forms, passed around a packet with pens. Talked to them about the specials, etc. I even had them play a game. I didn't have everyone's attention all the time, but it didn't bother me. I set up a space to collect orders and made sure they all knew that--told them about the forms of payment accepted. It was a Great show! Close to $1000 in sales. They sure did get carried away with drinking the wine, but everyone had fun and ordered plenty. Just go with the flow and have fun, but try to run it as a show, expecting to get orders.

Do you happen to have the bamboo cracker tray and the Raspberry Habanero sauce? You can pour some of the sauce over cream cheese and set some crackers on the tray. If you want to be conservative, just use 1/2 a block of the cream cheese and then you won't have to use as much sauce over top. Or the oil dipping seasonings and some nice bakery bread or bake a loaf of the Pillsbury French Bread (loaf that comes unbaked and in a tube). I find that when I set those out, people will buy them. If they weren't planning on ordering anything, doing that will get them buying...and then flipping through the catalog.I love the others advice, too, and would try to do what they've suggested. Guests will pick up on the vibe you give off, so have fun and things will be fine.If she doesn't want an official demo, doing a recipe in the quick-stir pitcher plus telling them what you used to make any other recipe you've made ahead of time, having out something using our consumable products, etc will be fine.I hope it goes well for you! :)

I have had shows like this too... I just tell the guests that I know they would rather chat to each other than listen to me... so I do a real quick presentation... 20 mins tops. And high light the major things on my list,DBC, 5"utility knife, bamboo bowls, salad chopper, wine pourer stopper, bamboo spoons, and the spices/rubs/sauces.
I tell everyone that these are the major products that I cannot live without. I try to make something that uses most of them... 15- min. fajitas are great...
Then I tell them to enjoy each other and look through the catalog. The show I did like this was for my fellow teachers on a Friday night....teachers are the worst group to keep their attention. But, it can be done.. good luck!!:)

Yes, these are teachers... and they are a hard bunch to keep their attention. Why are we like that? We want the kids to listen.. haha. Thanks for all the advice! I do not have that raspberry sauce, maybe I will have to pick it up.

msmileyface said:
Yes, these are teachers... and they are a hard bunch to keep their attention. Why are we like that? We want the kids to listen.. haha. Thanks for all the advice! I do not have that raspberry sauce, maybe I will have to pick it up.

Oh my - I have found Teachers to be some of my rowdiest shows! :D Followed closely by Accountants. I just let it be a party. If they don't want to listen, I don't make them....but a couple things that I do to help them with that a little:

1. At the very beginning of the show, I acknowledge that I realize they have been working all day, and that they are there for the fun, and to just have a good time, and that I want them to do that. I tell them that I have some really interesting and helpful cooking tips to share with them - and a great, healthy recipe that will make their time in the kitchen quicker and easier - but that I'm not the PC Police, or their Teacher, and no one is going to get sent to the principals office for talking to their neighbor. So, relax, have a good time, and hopefully pick up a great tip or two while you're at it! (this seems to put them all at ease, and helps them to listen better!)

2. I play a "Secret Word" game. I got this off a training DVD with Jillian Grant. Her secret word was "amazing". I use the word "incredible" for mine. All I do is have a product that I pass around (usually a rub or spice) and as I start it, I tell them that during my demo, every time I use that word, they have to pass the product to the person next to them. This is great! It helps to keep people listening, and it also provides a game (for those game type people) that doesn't take any time out of my demo! IF I have a large group - (over 12) I use 2 products.

Teachers, ironically, never listen in "class." LOL!

ChefBeckyD said:
2. I play a "Secret Word" game. I got this off a training DVD with Jillian Grant. Her secret word was "amazing". I use the word "incredible" for mine. All I do is have a product that I pass around (usually a rub or spice) and as I start it, I tell them that during my demo, every time I use that word, they have to pass the product to the person next to them. This is great! It helps to keep people listening, and it also provides a game (for those game type people) that doesn't take any time out of my demo! IF I have a large group - (over 12) I use 2 products.

Does the person get to keep the product when you're done? I just assume that it would make more sense :D

ShelbyMichalek said:
Does the person get to keep the product when you're done? I just assume that it would make more sense :D

Yes......................

What is a work-related show?

A work-related show is an event where Pampered Chef consultants showcase and sell our products to potential customers. It can be held in various settings, such as a home, office, or community center.

How can I make the most of a work-related show?

To make the most of a work-related show, it is important to plan ahead and be well-prepared. This includes inviting guests, setting up an attractive display, and having all necessary supplies and materials on hand.

What are some tips for increasing sales at a work-related show?

One tip for increasing sales at a work-related show is to offer special promotions or discounts to incentivize customers to make a purchase. Additionally, actively engaging with guests and demonstrating the products can also help to boost sales.

How can I attract more guests to a work-related show?

There are many ways to attract more guests to a work-related show. Utilizing social media and sending out invitations to friends and family are effective methods. You can also offer incentives for guests who bring a friend or offer a raffle for attendees.

What are some creative ideas for making a work-related show more interactive?

To make a work-related show more interactive, you can incorporate interactive games or activities that involve using Pampered Chef products. You can also have a cooking demonstration or allow guests to try out products themselves. Providing samples and taste tests can also make the show more engaging for attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • chefnene
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • ChefJWarren