• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show Debit 5 Days Instead of 8 -10 Days?

In summary, some hosts are noticing that HO is debiting their accounts for shows only 5 days after closing, rather than the 8 to 10 days after closing last year. Legal action may be necessary to recoup overdraft fees.
ChefChris
Gold Member
Has anyone else noticed that HO is debiting our accounts for shows only 5 days after closing? Last year I thought it was 8 to 10 days after closing a show they would take out the money from a show from our account. But now I am noticing that it is only about 4-5 days after closing? So we really need to make sure we have all the outside orders in before the show and outside orders after the show should be by cc. I was waiting for some checks and thought I had time but I got an overdraft instead. Is this just me or is it happening to everyone else?
:(

I did notice payment was coming out soon. I don't close a show until I have all the money but now this shorter time keeps us all on our toes. Just as long as it is long enough in case we deposit a NSF check.

ive always had mine debited right about the same time i get the shipment confirmation email. so usually about a week. sorry yours overdrafted :( thats never any fun.

Legally you shouldn't be sending in anything without proper payment - it's called bank fraud in some states. I never close a show without all the payments needed. I close all my shows over the phone and have any outside orders after the show write checks out to the host that way she can give me one big payment over the phone. And if I do have to wait for a check, I make sure the host knows I do not submit their show until the checks arrive.

I have one show now that has been shipped but they havent taken any money out of my account yet but i have 2 others i submitted on the 31st and the money has been taken out already its weird

Mine usually debits @ 5 days after submission.

I submitted a show last monday that was on hold until Wed and they took the money on FRIDAY...everyone needs to make sure their cash is in the bank instead of waiting around like I usually do! Thankfully I had the money in when they took it on Friday but it was totally unexpected...

I always deposit everything before submitting... It is usually 7-10 days later but I don't want to take a chance. I love the Host from my last Show. It is my Credit Union and the staff all transfer their money to the Host...then she transfers all the money to my account! It's so easy that way and no chance of overdrafts!

I usually leave myself a few $$$ in there as a cushion. Not everyone can afford to do that, I understand, but it gives me assurance anyway.

Wow, I had one show this month and didn't really pay any attention to how fast it came out of my account. Thank you for giving us the heads up!

I don't know if it's in P&P or if it was my director telling me, but I've always been under the impression it was s'posed to be 4 days after submission. I've never had one drawn that soon, though.

I agree that it is coming out sooner and yes we all need to be on our toes!! I made my husband run a deposit to the bank this morning and it was a good thing the show is coming out today!

My debits are always first thing in the morning. I have to have the money in the night before.

pkd09 said:
I did notice payment was coming out soon. I don't close a show until I have all the money but now this shorter time keeps us all on our toes. Just as long as it is long enough in case we deposit a NSF check.

I just had a guest's check bounce back to me and at first it didn't cause an overdraft, however, she didn't pay me as she indicated she would, now the check caused an overdraft. I resubmitted her check yesterday after checking with her bank that the funds are available.

I have left numerous messages and am going to send her a letter in the mail tomorrow (certified) that I need to recoup the fee's for the overdraft. DH wanted to to charge her that from the beginning.

I am a little nervouse because she is a host of mine for March. Is it okay for me to ask for cash or credit card only if she does follow through with her show?

a cushion is good it you have it. I had someone bounce a check on me, a $300 check that I am still trying to get worked out and I am having to take him to small claims court b/c the hostess gave him the products AFTER I specifically asker her not too. I was PI$$ED beyond words. This happened in November too.

I have ran into people having bad checks. :( I don't have enough money right now to have a buffer.

merego said:
a cushion is good it you have it. I had someone bounce a check on me, a $300 check that I am still trying to get worked out and I am having to take him to small claims court b/c the hostess gave him the products AFTER I specifically asker her not too. I was PI$$ED beyond words. This happened in November too.

Wholy cow Meredith. I am sure you were beyone PI$$ED. I would definately been seething.

Sheleif said:
I have ran into people having bad checks. :( I don't have enough money right now to have a buffer.

I there with you, not having the $'s for the buffer.

I had a check--- reversed or something like that? It basically cleared and then uncleared since the check writer did not have the money. I found out one day before home office was going to debit my account... luckily I had a little extra in savings to transfer over... it was a $150 check!
She was a great customer and wrote another check.. it was just really stressful.
I too cannot really have a buffer now... good old daycare is wiping us dry!

I had this happen to me and now I am on money order till JULY!!! I submitted a show in December, they didn't take it out until when I was at leadership. Well, in the meantime, my hubby wrote a check on my account thinking I had 700.00 in the account....(while I was at leadership) I didn't know till I got home and got a letter from Denise at home office. She said that I can't submit shows via PP3 until July....I have to do money order....REALLY sucks!! I had 9 shows in January and only 3 of them counted for my Disney points.
I called my director....her director called Susan Kaufman and I guess the uppers have mtgs with Marla next week and they are going to discuss this. Next week. We will see what happens. I am so stressed about this. I AM BUMMED!!:mad:

mamadugan said:
I had this happen to me and now I am on money order till JULY!!! I submitted a show in December, they didn't take it out until when I was at leadership. Well, in the meantime, my hubby wrote a check on my account thinking I had 700.00 in the account....(while I was at leadership) I didn't know till I got home and got a letter from Denise at home office. She said that I can't submit shows via PP3 until July....I have to do money order....REALLY sucks!! I had 9 shows in January and only 3 of them counted for my Disney points.
I called my director....her director called Susan Kaufman and I guess the uppers have mtgs with Marla next week and they are going to discuss this. Next week. We will see what happens. I am so stressed about this. I AM BUMMED!!:mad:

Hmmm...your DH is lucky you didn't hurt him over that one! That's sure messed up your business and slowed down your show submissions!

I submitted my show last Sunday and they took out the money on Thursday. That was the one that the Credit Union where I bank transferred all the money into my account so I had no checks...just pure cash! Love that Host!

I thought they didn't put you on cash only until you had this happen more than once. I had it happen one time and I just got a warning - but this was about 3.5 years ago.

Forgot to mention - they are taking the money out sooner. I just noticed w/my supply and sample order. I ordered on Sunday and the money came out on Friday. Usually it would be the next Monday. I always make sure I have the money in there when I send a show anyway, but may have a problem if a guests has a big check bounce!

With a lot of banks it takes longer for checks to clear into your account than cash. If HO takes out money for a show and you haven't submitted all the money until that day or the day before and there were checks in it -you could be in trouble. I make sure to deposit no later than the day I submit.

lauradahl said:
I usually leave myself a few $$$ in there as a cushion. Not everyone can afford to do that, I understand, but it gives me assurance anyway.

I was told to have a cushion in my account. How much of a cushion do you keep in there I have jeard different from different people?

I keep my pc money in a seperate account. It is a no fee checking, my commission goes in there too so it helps with the buffer

DEB&DAVE said:
I keep my pc money in a seperate account. It is a no fee checking, my commission goes in there too so it helps with the buffer

Same here.

I would say try to cushion at least what your average order might be- $30-50?? I TRY to have at least 50+ if I can....(hard to do just on my PC account, without grabbing some money from our personal accts). The reason I'd say that, is in case a customer's check bounces on you about the same time PC debits your account for a show (which is why they wait 5-days). I need to get into a better habit of checking my checking account BEFORE PC hits it- to see if any checks bounced, or how my balance is (if I missed entering something). I recently overdrafted my account (2nd time in 2 yrs) by only $1.17!!!!!!! Cost me $36 fee (My Stupid Tax)! I wouldn't use this bank because of their fee, but it's the closest one to me so I don't have to drive to the next town over everytime I have deposits.

1. How does the Show Debit 5 Days Instead of 8 -10 Days program work?

The Show Debit 5 Days Instead of 8 -10 Days program is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef to its consultants. It allows you to debit your show profits in just 5 days instead of the usual 8-10 days, giving you quicker access to your earnings.

2. Who is eligible for the Show Debit 5 Days Instead of 8 -10 Days program?

All Pampered Chef consultants are eligible for the Show Debit 5 Days Instead of 8 -10 Days program. This includes both new and existing consultants.

3. How do I sign up for the Show Debit 5 Days Instead of 8 -10 Days program?

To sign up for the program, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant support team or your team leader. They will provide you with the necessary information and steps to enroll in the program.

4. Are there any fees associated with the Show Debit 5 Days Instead of 8 -10 Days program?

No, there are no additional fees or charges for participating in the Show Debit 5 Days Instead of 8 -10 Days program. It is a free benefit offered to all Pampered Chef consultants.

5. Can I still receive host benefits and free products with the Show Debit 5 Days Instead of 8 -10 Days program?

Yes, you will still receive all host benefits and free products as usual with the Show Debit 5 Days Instead of 8 -10 Days program. This program only affects the timing of when you receive your show earnings, not the benefits you and your host receive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • flemings99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Monty060609