• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Closing Hostess Shows in 3 Days

In summary, some hosts find it difficult to close their shows in 3 days, so they try to schedule a call with the host before the show to discuss closing and make sure everything is set.
diradt
Hello gang! I was just wondering if any of you have tips for getting hostesses to close their shows in 3 days? I have tried everything. During their host coaching meeting etc I always mention that I like to close shows in 3 days so that their guests who took the time to come, get their goodies pretty quickly.

Well needless to say I feel like I am calling/emailing ALL of my hostesses a week or so later to get their shows closed. If I felt that more outside orders were coming in, I wouldn't care but on average most of these people have approx 1 or 2 additional orders and they are always in by that 3 day limit.

Thanks!!:balloon:

The night of the show I always sit down with them with my calendar and ask them which day (2-3 days after their show) would work for them to close.

wadesgirl said:
The night of the show I always sit down with them with my calendar and ask them which day (2-3 days after their show) would work for them to close.

This is what I do too...and I schedule a phone call right then. So, if the show is on Monday, I'd say something like..."So, you think Wednesday you'd be able to close? Great! What time works best for you for me to give you a call - between 1-3, or between 7-9?"

Yep, that's what I do. Usually I secure a date and time for closing as I'm getting set up for the show. This way I have an answer when someone asks when their products will arrive.

this is always a problem for me - will have to work harder. thanks for the tips - have a show open now for 1 1/2 weeks - luckily did not promise items for Father's Day.

I set the closing date on the very first host coaching call, that way there is no question and the host knows to collect most of her outside orders BEFORE the show.

I tell the host during initial host coaching that I close shows within 3 days. Then, when I arrive for a show, I schedule a day and time with the host (3-5 days out depending on the situation) to close their show. To solidify that date, when I'm discussing how to fill out the order form, I tell the guests what date we're closing the show (I say in case you need to call and change or add to your order or schedule a show of your own for the host to get credit), that way they know when to expect their products. That way, if the host wants to keep her show open longer, I can remind her that her guests are expecting their stuff on X day because we told them we were closing on X day. That usually helps them get those outside orders submitted within a day or 2.

DebbieJ said:
I set the closing date on the very first host coaching call, that way there is no question and the host knows to collect most of her outside orders BEFORE the show.

Yep this. It makes sense, because, if you think about it, your hosts are much more excited BEFORE the show than after, so it works better for them to collect those outside orders beforehand. If they have someone who wants to order after it is closed, offer them to opportunity to take up a catalog order from their friends and get the item free or at a discount.

What are some tips for closing hostess shows in 3 days?

1. How can I maximize sales at a hostess show within a short time frame?

To maximize sales, make sure to communicate with your hostess about the importance of inviting as many guests as possible. Also, offer incentives for guests who bring a friend or make a purchase at the show.

2. What should I do if my hostess is not meeting her guest invitation goals?

If your hostess is struggling to meet her invitation goals, offer to help her by providing a personalized invitation template or offering to make reminder calls to her guests.

3. How can I create a sense of urgency for guests to make a purchase at the show?

One effective way to create a sense of urgency is to offer limited-time specials or discounts that are only available during the 3-day period. You can also highlight popular or limited quantity items that may sell out quickly.

4. What are some ways to engage and entertain guests at the show?

Create a fun and interactive atmosphere by hosting games, demonstrations, or offering samples for guests to try. You can also encourage guests to mingle and share their favorite products or recipes with each other.

5. How can I ensure a smooth and efficient closing process at the end of the 3-day show?

Make sure to have all necessary order forms, payment methods, and product information available for guests to easily make their purchases. Offer assistance to guests who may have questions or need help placing their order. Also, be sure to follow up with your hostess to thank her for hosting the show and to discuss any future opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • booksx2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
boisechef
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies