1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Host Coaching Show Closing

1. diradt

diradt Member

Hello gang! I was just wondering if any of you have tips for getting hostesses to close their shows in 3 days? I have tried everything. During their host coaching meeting etc I always mention that I like to close shows in 3 days so that their guests who took the time to come, get their goodies pretty quickly.

Well needless to say I feel like I am calling/emailing ALL of my hostesses a week or so later to get their shows closed. If I felt that more outside orders were coming in, I wouldn't care but on average most of these people have approx 1 or 2 additional orders and they are always in by that 3 day limit.

Thanks!!:balloon:

Jun 15, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

The night of the show I always sit down with them with my calendar and ask them which day (2-3 days after their show) would work for them to close.

Jun 15, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

This is what I do too...and I schedule a phone call right then. So, if the show is on Monday, I'd say something like..."So, you think Wednesday you'd be able to close? Great! What time works best for you for me to give you a call - between 1-3, or between 7-9?"

Jun 15, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Yep, that's what I do. Usually I secure a date and time for closing as I'm getting set up for the show. This way I have an answer when someone asks when their products will arrive.

Jun 15, 2009
  5. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

this is always a problem for me - will have to work harder. thanks for the tips - have a show open now for 1 1/2 weeks - luckily did not promise items for Father's Day.

Jun 15, 2009
  6. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I set the closing date on the very first host coaching call, that way there is no question and the host knows to collect most of her outside orders BEFORE the show.

Jun 15, 2009
  7. cookie325

cookie325 Member

I tell the host during initial host coaching that I close shows within 3 days. Then, when I arrive for a show, I schedule a day and time with the host (3-5 days out depending on the situation) to close their show. To solidify that date, when I'm discussing how to fill out the order form, I tell the guests what date we're closing the show (I say in case you need to call and change or add to your order or schedule a show of your own for the host to get credit), that way they know when to expect their products. That way, if the host wants to keep her show open longer, I can remind her that her guests are expecting their stuff on X day because we told them we were closing on X day. That usually helps them get those outside orders submitted within a day or 2.

Jun 15, 2009
  8. beckyjsmith

beckyjsmith Member

Yep this. It makes sense, because, if you think about it, your hosts are much more excited BEFORE the show than after, so it works better for them to collect those outside orders beforehand. If they have someone who wants to order after it is closed, offer them to opportunity to take up a catalog order from their friends and get the item free or at a discount.

Jun 16, 2009
Have something to add?