• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing a Show: Dealing with Unexpected Delays and Complications

In summary, the host had surgery and is now in the hospital. The show from July 23 has not closed and the host is expecting her child in September. The host has not replied to messages or calls, and the customer base is waiting for products. The host is scheduled to have another surgery in the next few days and may not be able to close the show before then. The customer has offered to close the show for the host, but the host wants to wait until after the birth.
heather223
Gold Member
I need some advice.... I have a show from July 23 that has not closed. The host was scheduled to have surgery 3 days after the show and thought she would be home a week after I held the show to close it. Unfortunately the host had complications from surgery and has been in and out of the hospital.

To add to this- I am pregnant and am not due until September 17, but have been told I will be induced by this Sunday due to complications with my pregnancy.

I would like to close this show before the end of the month, but don't know what to do. The customers have waited a long time for the products and I can only assume that they know the story of the host. I did call the host yesterday to try and touch base, but had to leave a message. I was going to offer to call the customers to let them know why products were not in. Any suggestions?

I'd text and email the host letting her know you understand that she's having a rough time and hope all is well. Let her then know that you're being induced this weekend and that you'd like to submit the show before then. Recap her host rewards and tell her she can text or email you her order. Also explain that if it isn't possible for her to wrap up at this time, that it's ok and for her to let you know as you do not want the orders on hold because of your maternity leave. :)

She may decide to wrap up quickly after reading "maternity leave" and assume you're taking 5 or more weeks off.

Congrats on your soon to be delivered bundle of joy! May it be smooth and uncomplicated!

AND make sure she understands that July specials are no longer an option. It has to be Aug now.If she waits, some of the S/S items on customers orders might be gone. Yikes!!!

Make sure to chamge the date of the show to August so the guests get those specials. Call the guests and just let them know you need to change the order. I am sure they will be understanding if they know what is going on with the host already.
Good luck!

Once you change the show date, P3 should flag (red dot) any issues with Guest Specials, etc. I would do that part NOW, so you can see what her Host Benefits are exactly. But I agree with Laurie's suggestion. Text/Call her and let her know the situation. She just needs to let you know what she wants. If you have the guests emails, you may want to send them a quick email to let them know that because of the host's recent medical treatments, the show was delayed, but that it should be arriving soon. Hopefully the host can get them to her guests (or have them come to her to pick them up considering her circumstances).Sure would be a shame if her show was over $500 and she missed out on the extra FPV, but not your fault. She could have closed the show that very night.

I may sound mean, but I would tell (via message/past host) her that you are inducing this Sun and you NEED to close the party by Sat afternoon. Call the guest as suggested above, then tell the host in the message that if she does not contact you before then, you will order the free products of your choice and then submit. All her other benefits would be null and void. Apologize for this, but let her know that with pregnancy complications, you cannot let it go until after the birth because your child will need your full attention.

Maybe if she hears that YOU will be picking her free product she will make her get the ball rolling again.

Good luck, and congratulations on your little one!!!

Thank you all for your advice. She isn't at $500 which is why the show was left open... (She is only at $225). I left her a message on Sunday or Monday of this week and have tried calling her since. I don't have a cell phone number and her email that I have is her work email. Which, if she is still recovering, she likely isn't even looking at. I may be induced tomorrow afternoon, I have her work phone so I am going to try her there and at home again tomorrow morning. If I don't get an answer I am going to tell her I have no choice but to pick her free items for her and if we need to exchange afterwards we can. I feel bad being blunt and to the point, but I have no choice at this point. I even sent her a get well card about 2 weeks ago. I do know how to change everything in P3 and that she was no longer able to get the July special, but does anyone else know if a guest ordered a product that is being discontinued, do we have until September 15 to submit if the product is part of the show? (I can't remember the policy on this- I swear this pregnancy brain is going to do me in!)

I believe that discontinued products are "while supplies last" status. To change the show date simply go the the very first tab on the left, the show summary, when you are looking at her show and change the date to August 1st. She can't take advantage of the July special now anyway, so if she was waiting trying to get $500 for the July host special she may go ahead and close now that that isn't an option.

heather223 said:
Thank you all for your advice. She isn't at $500 which is why the show was left open... (She is only at $225).

I left her a message on Sunday or Monday of this week and have tried calling her since. I don't have a cell phone number and her email that I have is her work email. Which, if she is still recovering, she likely isn't even looking at.

I may be induced tomorrow afternoon, I have her work phone so I am going to try her there and at home again tomorrow morning. If I don't get an answer I am going to tell her I have no choice but to pick her free items for her and if we need to exchange afterwards we can. I feel bad being blunt and to the point, but I have no choice at this point. I even sent her a get well card about 2 weeks ago.

I do know how to change everything in P3 and that she was no longer able to get the July special, but does anyone else know if a guest ordered a product that is being discontinued, do we have until September 15 to submit if the product is part of the show? (I can't remember the policy on this- I swear this pregnancy brain is going to do me in!)

Yes but it is while supplies last so some things may be gone if you wait until September. I would not do that. When you leave the message saying you need to pick her free items and she loses the discounts if you don't hear from her tell her that her guests will be wanting their items that they paid for and it can't wait. Of course you want to say it all nicely. I would start with "I know you've been going through a lot and I hate to add pressure but I..." then briefly mention your issue and tell her what you need to do by ___(time/date) if you don't hear from her. Also, when you mention that she can exchange items if she didn't want them be sure to give her the 30 day date for free exchange or she'll pay shipping for that.

If you are empathetic in your message (but firm) I'm sure she'll get back to you with apologies.

1. What is a "Show Closing Question"?

A "Show Closing Question" is a question asked at the end of a Pampered Chef party or demonstration to encourage guests to make a purchase.

2. What is the purpose of a "Show Closing Question"?

The purpose of a "Show Closing Question" is to help the hostess reach her sales goals and for guests to take advantage of any deals or specials being offered.

3. Can you give an example of a "Show Closing Question"?

One example of a "Show Closing Question" is "Which of these products would make your life in the kitchen easier?" This question prompts guests to think about their needs and how Pampered Chef products can fulfill them.

4. How do I know which "Show Closing Question" to ask?

The best "Show Closing Question" to ask will depend on the theme or focus of your party. If your party is centered around easy weeknight meals, your question could be "Which product would help you save time in the kitchen during busy weeknights?"

5. Can I modify a "Show Closing Question" to fit my audience?

Absolutely! It's important to tailor your "Show Closing Question" to your specific audience and their needs. You can modify the question to align with the interests and preferences of your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • TheNewMrsRue
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • booksx2