1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Show at a Martini bar!

1. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

I booked a show last week at a Martini bar for October. :thumbup:

The host OWNS the bar and it's in an upscale part of Cleveland. (my host is the sister of a past host and she said it's very classy)

I am thinking of ideas for this demo. There is a full kitchen that I can use. I automatically thought of the pecan apricot brie, so I am going to make that, but does anyone have any other ideas of a main demo I can do? I was thinking of the Penne Pasta Al Fresca, but if someone else has any thoughts, I'll take it!

Sep 30, 2009
  2. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

I hope you have a much better experience than I did at a bar. My host said we could have the show in the early afternoon at a bar where she works b/c she had done this before. Not being familiar with the area, I didn't realize the bar was a dive and that she would be working her shift while I did my show. If you can, stop by and scope out the place beforehand. Figure out where you want people seated or standing depending on your type of demo. What kind of lighting will there be? Will the place be open for business to regular customers at the same time so you'll be competing with music and chatter? It could be lots of fun with the right attitude from the host and guests, just different logistics. If you have a portable burner, you might want to do something in cookware so you're not trekking into the industrial kitchen or have your host take it to the oven.

Becca

Sep 30, 2009
Have something to add?