• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should You Do Your Recruits First Pampered Chef Show or Not?

well, needless to say she is doing VERY well now. I think it's important to have a mix of experiences so that you can better assess what works best for your team.
DebPC
Staff member
This is an age old debate. I wanted to see what the current thinking is on this? What do you think?

I doubt I will do it again. The last one I did was over $1000 and she did NOTHING even though I went over and over what she would be doing, urged her to practice the recipe, told her that I would only be there for moral support, questions and advice. She did finally submit a second show to get over the $1250 to qualify but after the 30 days so no bonus that month for me. I did it all and only got 3% commission. Had she done something with her business I wouldn't care but she's still just laying in the weeds and "getting organized".

I tell my recruits that I will come for moral support if they want but that I did not want my director there - it would have made me too nervous. I coach them prior to their party to help them be more comfortable and tell them that their guests will be very forgiving since they are new. I say "tell them you are new. I did that for 6 months until I realized it was that long and felt confident." I remind them that there are scripts in the kit but that they can change them however they like to be comfortable. Most say let's see and end up doing it with me just available by phone.

I always offer to do my new consultant's first show. I have them host coach along with me, then at the show, they're following along with their new consultant binder while I do the show. I have had great success with the ones that participate, and they quickly come to love their binders so they are more confident going into their shows from there.

I don't. I'm supportive, I coach, I mentor, I support, I'm accessible. I believe that doing first shows with recruits is not only not duplicatable and not sustainable with a growing team, but is also a negative in terms of others recruiting.

If they're local they are welcome to attend one of my shows. If they aren't local and want to attend someone elses show I'll help make that happen. We do a show demo a couple times of year at our meetings and also do coaching on different aspects of the show at our meetings as well.

If one of my team asks me to do their first show with them we discuss the pros and cons and if they want me to do it with them (not for them) as moral support I will. I've done first shows with less than 5% of my team.

My two cents. Others opinions and mileage may vary

Oracle said:
I don't. I'm supportive, I coach, I mentor, I support, I'm accessible. I believe that doing first shows with recruits is not only not duplicatable and not sustainable with a growing team, but is also a negative in terms of others recruiting.

If they're local they are welcome to attend one of my shows. If they aren't local and want to attend someone elses show I'll help make that happen. We do a show demo a couple times of year at our meetings and also do coaching on different aspects of the show at our meetings as well.

If one of my team asks me to do their first show with them we discuss the pros and cons and if they want me to do it with them (not for them) as moral support I will. I've done first shows with less than 5% of my team.

My two cents. Others opinions and mileage may vary

Exactly. You said it much better than I did but that was what I was trying to say to a tee.

I'm in agreement with you. I did one of my new consultant's shows because she could not make it due to a family emergency. I realize now that we should have just postponed the show (everyone invited were close friends and would have understood). I had an $800 show in which my recruit received the credit, the commission and none of the experience of doing it herself. She did not go on to have another show so I did her no favors for her business

I have had experiences on both ends of this spectrum. I did the first show for one of my recruits and she did nothing. Only 2 people showed up and it barely counted as a show. 6 months later, she is still doing nothing for her business. On the other hand, I did the first show for my October recruit. She did just about everything before-hand and had 20 people there. That show was over $1300 and she qualified in her first show. She has gone on to do several more shows and is actually having higher sales totals than I am at the moment. Reading the responses to this post, I'm inclined to agree with Oracle. I think the recruit is going to do what she's going to do whether we are there or not.

1. Should I do my recruits first Pampered Chef show or not?

This is a common question among new Pampered Chef consultants. The answer depends on your personal goals and circumstances. If you are comfortable with hosting a show and have a strong network of potential customers, it may be beneficial to do your recruits first show. However, if you are still learning the ropes and building your customer base, it may be better to focus on your own shows first and gain more experience before hosting a show for your recruits.

2. What are the benefits of doing my recruits first show?

Hosting a show for your recruits can help you build a relationship with them and show them firsthand how Pampered Chef works. It can also help boost your sales and earn you rewards and incentives. Additionally, it can be a great way to introduce your recruits to the business and motivate them to start their own Pampered Chef journey.

3. What are the potential drawbacks of doing my recruits first show?

One potential drawback of doing your recruits first show is that you may not have as much experience or confidence as you would with your own shows. This could affect your sales and overall performance, which could impact your recruits' perception of the business. Additionally, if your recruits do not have a strong network of potential customers, the show may not be as successful as you had hoped.

4. Is it necessary to do my recruits first show?

No, it is not necessary to do your recruits first show. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the flexibility to choose when and how you want to host shows. If you feel more comfortable focusing on your own shows first, that is completely acceptable. However, keep in mind that hosting a show for your recruits can have its benefits, so it may be worth considering.

5. How can I make my recruits first show successful?

To make your recruits first show successful, it is important to plan and prepare ahead of time. Make sure you have a strong theme and menu in place, and promote the show to your recruits and their networks. You can also offer incentives or special deals to encourage attendance. During the show, be a supportive and knowledgeable host, and make sure to follow up with your recruits afterwards to further support them in their Pampered Chef journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefannie
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Apollo28
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies